1.    #1  
    I really need a list of programs that can run from my sd card. I also need to know if you need zlauncher to run programs from the card.

I have basic programs on my 650, datebook 5, doser, a couple of small games, nothing big, but my memory is full already. I deleted epocrates for space, but still too full.

Please help!
    Even without using zLauncher or Power Run, many programs can be (at least partially) run from SD Card.

Can you provide a list of software that you wish to use on your Treo 650?
  3.    #3  
    Currently I have all the factory installed apps, plus, avant go/avant go connect, datebk5, documents to go, doser, real player, install Voice dialer.....but no room to install it, versa mail.....those are all installed on the phone itself.
    On the sd card is bejeweled, bounce out, bubble trouble, splash id.
    I need a good drug refrence like pepid, or tarascon, but tarascon caused a fatal loop reset, I already uninstalled epocrates to free space.
    I also could never recover any of my old palm data....I have had the visor, m515, and sony ux50 devices and I did follow the directions and tried on both of my computers with no luck.....that's another thread! Sorry.

Thanks again, Mary
    I really appreciate your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryG
    Currently I have all the factory installed apps, plus, avant go/avant go connect, datebk5, documents to go, doser, real player, install Voice dialer.....but no room to install it, versa mail.....those are all installed on the phone itself.
    On the sd card is bejeweled, bounce out, bubble trouble, splash id.
    I need a good drug refrence like pepid, or tarascon, but tarascon caused a fatal loop reset, I already uninstalled epocrates to free space.
    I also could never recover any of my old palm data....I have had the visor, m515, and sony ux50 devices and I did follow the directions and tried on both of my computers with no luck.....that's another thread! Sorry.

Thanks again, Mary
    I really appreciate your help.
    AvantGo Channels can be synced to the SD Card by changing a setting in the "AGConnect" application. After some research, I found that I could move the "AvantGo" application to the SD Card (although the libmal and AGConnect application must remain in RAM).
    Go to http://avantgo.com/support/beta_news.html and read "Answers to Common Memory Card questions" to learn how to setup AvantGo to sync channels to the SD Card. (Make sure to read the part about "Why did syncing content to a memory card not free up memory on the device?" to learn how to remove AvantGo channels that have already been synced to RAM.)

A large part of Documents to Go can be moved to SD Card with the "Dataviz Tech Tool" download available from http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13395 You can easily save 3-4MB of memory.

PEPID appears to allow you to store documents to SD Card, go to http://www.pepid.com/support/solutio...&sid=customers for more information on how to do it.

I hope that these solutions, in combination, will give you enough free RAM to work with. Except for the memory configuration, this is a truly good phone/pda, IMHO.

Please let me know how it turns out or if you have any more questions.
    Last edited by Bluetux64; 12/05/2004 at 01:20 PM.
    Thanks Bluetux64, I needed that.
    I thought I had heard a rumor that the new AvantGo could run as an application from the SD card. I tested this and found it to be untrue, as Bluetux64 points out above. The AvantGo conduit on the PC can't see it to sync to, and some of the graphics on the Treo side don't show (certain .gif files). It will "run" but you can't update it from the PC side.

A shame really, because the application itself -- with all the "news" files on the SD card -- takes up 1196K.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  7.    #7  

Bluetux you're the best. Thanks so much for all the resources. I just printed out all of the info and when I get home tonight I'll try it out.

I really appreciate your time!
    Mary
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPetro
    I thought I had heard a rumor that the new AvantGo could run as an application from the SD card. I tested this and found it to be untrue, as Bluetux64 points out above. The AvantGo conduit on the PC can't see it to sync to, and some of the graphics on the Treo side don't show (certain .gif files). It will "run" but you can't update it from the PC side.

A shame really, because the application itself -- with all the "news" files on the SD card -- takes up 1196K.
    Your post gave me the idea to move the "AvantGo" application to the SD Card, while leaving "libmal" and "AGConnect" in RAM.

With this configuration, I have been able to sync with the AvantGo conduit with no glitches, so far.

I believe that similar results have been discovered on the avantgo and treo 650 thread.

As always, your mileage may vary.

Note: I have edited my original response to reflect my evolving understanding of the AvantGo client.