1.    #1  
    I ordered the Motorola HS 850 bluetooth headset from an electronics store in Chicago. I thought that all of the units were the same but they are not.

The black colored 850 is actually the European version. The blue colored unit is the US version. I have not seen a blue US unit on the web at all. I see tons of black Euro 850's.

I called the guy back and asked him if the black unit he was sending me was the Euro versuon. He said No. But when I got the unit It had Japanese and English writing on the package. The charging unit had the Euro plug but he included the US plug adapter.

I just want to know if there is a difference between the two? I read some where, where the 850 was supposed to boot very fast. The unit I have does not boot any faster but I have the Euro version.

Could it be that the US version boots faster than the Euro version?

All in all I like the unit but just want the best they have to offer.

As for that guy in Chicago, I'll cuss his *ss out on Monday! LOL
    I got mine from electronics.com(in Chicago). It also was the European version. Mine boots pretty quick. And after I found out that you can hit/toggle the mute button to increase the volume I really like this headset.
  3.    #3  
    That's where I bought mine from! Yeah, the mute botton trick works pretty good. Can you tell me how fast yours boots. After you dial a number on your treo how many seconds does it take for the headset to kick in? Look at your call timer after you dial a number.
    i posted this in another thread so i won't duplicate - but where is the US adapter, in the box loose?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    You folks are using this with the 650, correct?
    can't use it with a 600 at all
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMike
    You folks are using this with the 650, correct?

Correct. I'm going to sell the HS850 because I have found the HBS 660 works better for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgageguy
    I got mine from electronics.com(in Chicago). It also was the European version. Mine boots pretty quick. And after I found out that you can hit/toggle the mute button to increase the volume I really like this headset.
    I developed a utility that will autoamtically do the mute trick for you. It is called BTmute and can be found here: BTmute

Enjoy...

Jeff
    I will be buying your btmute on Monday when I get to the office. The volume is so low on the Motorola hs850 I have to hold my hand over my ear. The other problem with the 850 is it takes about 5 seconds or more to connect and none of the functions on the 850 will work. When the treo 650 rings I have to pick it up with the handset and wait for connection to the 850. Some people actually hang up thinking they were not connected. If you hold the call button it is supposed to call last phone call. Nothing happens, it only wakes up when I get a phone call but it is delayed. Are there any fixes out there?
    You will want to read this as well:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/bl...atibility.html
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    You will want to read this as well:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/bl...atibility.html
    I too saw this article on P1's web site a while ago. The information in this article must be marketing driven. Why else would they list products like the Jabra BT250. I know from personal experience (and posts from numerious others) that this headset just does not work with the Treo 650. I know because I bought one and returned it 15 minutes after pairing it with my 650.

The best headset out there right now for Treo 650 compatability, speed, audio quality, amd volume level is the HBH660 (IMO).

Jeff
    Heh. I guess it's true, different people have different tastes. I exchanged my Jabra BT250 for the Moto 850 and am much happier. I got my Motorola HS850 bluetooth from oneworldgift.com in Long Island NY. I liked the feel and more subtle look of the Jabra (and I do wear glasses), but the sound quality was terrible, and the range was about three feet line of sight. Not exactly the untrammeled wireless experience Bluetooth promises. The Moto is (to me) Nicer and more elegant looking, and I can't complain on range and sound quality. The experience is so seamless that I find myself walking out of range during a call because I forget I'm not tethered to the phone.