Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I imagine that this has been asked before. My screen and keyboard turn on at apparently random times while it's sitting on my desk. What causes this, and how to I prevent this from happening? Thanks...

- Mike
    I saw someone post that this seemed to be related to the SD card, sounded like a possible card problem.

I've seen it with bluetooth -- screen lights up when car attempts to connect witht the phone (unsucessfully). Are you using bluetooht sync?
    I've seen this happen when playing RealPlayer.. which would support the SD card theory. Although, it doesn't ever happen when using PTunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMike
    I imagine that this has been asked before. My screen and keyboard turn on at apparently random times while it's sitting on my desk. What causes this, and how to I prevent this from happening? Thanks...

- Mike
    I remember a whole lot of chatter on the pdaphoneome forum in the i330 and i300 days, and I believe we finally decided that it was Vision network traffic ( vision checking in with phone or vice versa) that was doing this. See if it stops if you disconnect from vision.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    ChgoMike,
    Any luck finding out the cause? I'm also having the same issue.
    DJ
    This behaviour occurs when the phone is in Roaming mode... it turns on when searching for the PCS network. It's very annoying!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    MarkEagle,
    I've got two 650's side by side and only one of them turns on and off, the other is ok. I did notice the phone turns on when it has changed from roaming to sprint or vice versa. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Wonder why I don't see this with my other phone? Maybe the phones need a tower update?
    DJ
    My phone did it twice in the last 15 minuits, and it is not in roming mode.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    it is not in roming mode.
    What is the signal strength like? If you're on the fringe, the phone may drop into roaming while it's off and then as it re-aqquires the network, it wakes up with a PCS signal.

I have watched this repeatedly while I'm at work where I get NO Sprint signal at all. The phone will wake up (in roaming mode), time-out and go back to sleep, and then repeat the process. It also consumes power like you wouldn't believe... I went from fully charged when I left the house to less than 40% after 8 hours at work.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Seems that this would be a pretty significant bug, surprised there is not more talk on this issue. The power consumption does concern me.
    DJ
    When you unlock your phone, is there a blinking star in the top left? If you're on autofetch (or have some other alert) your phone will "turn on" when the alert goes off
    The only time mine turns on is when I receive email in versamail. It also use to reset for some odd reason, but that seems to have stopped.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    The only time I have noticed this is when I'm in a building and the reception is drifting in and out.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    My phone too, with Cingular, just turns on itself (just sitting on the desk), also outside. Most irritating since it runs the battery down. I'm a Physician, and then try to use the phone to call the hospital or patient or office, and have no battery left.

Suggestions surely appreciated. Been on hold with Palm One today for 40 minutes, and then got cut off, even before speaking to a rep. Now I'm hold again for another 30 minutes.
    I notice the 650 turning on and making a beeping sound when switching back and forth between sprint and roaming. This is prevalent at some parts of my works building.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Mine lights up and stays that way until it times out. This happens when at home with 1-2 signal strength. Battery drain is issue.
    It happened last night with me at 11:59, just before it turned midnight. Happens frequently for me too.

Wonder if it has anything to do with that reset time issue with CDMA 650s... mine is a CDMA.
    Mine is GSM and it is not at a set time, random.
    Mines is turning on randomly as well. This issue and the lag time when dialing is starting to annoy me. I've been trying to 'get used to it' but it aint happening. I wish I can have this screen on the 600, id be happy.
    I get the random "on" as well. Im on an unlocked Cingular 650 using T-mobile service. Its not a service-provider specific problem. It doesnt happen so much that its a problem but definately not acceptable for a "high-end" device.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast