1.    #1  
    Since my laptop doesn't have BT, I'm gonna check into getting an adapter. Is there anyone out there using an Adapter to sync between the 650 and computer or printer? If so, what are your comments or suggestions?

I'm looking at this one:

http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GBU311

Just went on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...735578012&rd=1
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Geekymom,

Buy.com sells the IoGear adapters. I am looking at that one too. Didn't think to look on ebay though. I may have to check there too.
    Picked up one from D-Link. Works great.

Here's the funny bit though. There's a CD-ROM and an 8 page manual. The first 7 and half pages detail the steps of installing the D-Link for Windows and installing the drivers from the CD ROM etc.

The last paragraph is for Mac users. Plug the device into the Mac. No drivers or set up are necessary! I love that!
    After a bunch of research I went with this:

http://www.linksys.com/products/prod...id=38&prid=581

The Linksys USBBT100. It is a class 1 Bluetooth adaptor which translates to the longest range. I love it. It is small and has a neat little antenna tuned to the Bluetooth band. Now I am doing Hotsyncs upstairs with my computer downstairs. (grin)

Just put in USBBT100 into Google and you will find a whole bunch of links to those who are selling it.

Enjoy
    Rees
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ReesR
    After a bunch of research I went with this:

http://www.linksys.com/products/prod...id=38&prid=581

The Linksys USBBT100. It is a class 1 Bluetooth adaptor which translates to the longest range. I love it. It is small and has a neat little antenna tuned to the Bluetooth band. Now I am doing Hotsyncs upstairs with my computer downstairs. (grin)

Just put in USBBT100 into Google and you will find a whole bunch of links to those who are selling it.

Enjoy
    Sounds good, so I take it I can also use it with my BT enabled printer?

According to the ad: "Up to seven Bluetooth 1.1 compatible devices can connect to the USB Bluetooth Adapter simultaneously, creating your own "Personal Area Network."

This may be the one!

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I've got the little Belkin F8T003 USB adaptor. Works great. Windows 2K, XP and Linux.
    I have a Dell Centrino laptop (Inspiron 8600). I'd like to take out my internal 802.11b card and replace it with a 802.11g/BT card. Does anyone no whether or not internal BT cards get good reception? Thanks
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Another question is whether the BT adapter needs to be USB 2 compliant for full functionality. How does the BT tranmission rate compare to USB 1.1 and USB 2?
    Does anyone know what the 650 bluetooth range is? Is is the short (20 meters) or long range (100 meters)?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    I've got the little Belkin F8T003 USB adaptor. Works great. Windows 2K, XP and Linux.
    I have this one too, and it works really well. I had it up and running on my PC in less than 5 minutes. Compusa had it on sale after Thanksgiving for $10 after discounts and rebates. You can't beat that.
  11.    #11  
    I went ahead and picked up a Kensington USB Adapter at BestBuy today and got it setup on both the Treo and my laptop, Although the computer says the BT is successful, and the Hotsync tries to establish a connection, I get this message:

"Hotsync Problem

Connection between handheld and computer could not be established. Check setup and try again."

Anyone had this problem or know what I beed to do?

Thanks.