1.    #1  
    'scuze if this has come up before, but I can't find a thread in the last few days that appears on point, and my question isn't particularly searchable.

Is VersaMail just an E-mail client application/program, or is it also an E-mail server/service? I would assume the former, but when I first got my 650 on 11/26, "VersaMail" was already listed under "Accounts" in the program. After I activated the 650 I found four E-mails from palmOne in the "VersaMail" account. There is no username or password entered in the setup for the VersaMail account, though. Were the four messages preloaded in RAM/ROM by palmOne, even though all four are dated 11/26? If not, who runs the E-mail server that originated the four messages? palmOne?

I proceeded to set up accounts in VersaMail for SprintPCS and for SBCGlobal E-mail. Those two accounts work fine and I haven't gotten any more mail in the "VersaMail" account. I don't know how to set it up because I have no idea what the username and password for it might be - or was I supposed to change "VersaMail" to "SprintPCS" or "SBCGlobal" and use it as a starting point to set up one of those accounts?

Got another question, if anyone is still reading (unlikely) - does the VersaMail program allow me to check for new mail in both my SPCS and my SBC account with one click, or do I have to check each account separately as I've been doing? I used Eudora on my Treo 300 and it allowed me to check all accounts at once.
    It is just the default account set up if you don't configure the initial account. You could delete the account or just replace the settings with a real account. There is no VersaMail service as far as I know.
    Last edited by TimPhillips; 12/05/2004 at 09:56 PM. Reason: more info...