Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    and of course now i'm just getting.. relocating server.

when it rains, it pours
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    and of course now i'm just getting.. relocating server.

when it rains, it pours
    You couldn't get Mundu to work? I'm using it in the Atlanta area and it's been great. I have TreoSpot set to "Disable if Data Session is Active". If I need a location, I just manually set it and reconnect to Mundu.
    mundu is working.. causerie's server is down
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Due to technical problem in the server you were unable to connect but the issue has been fixed and you should be able to login now.
    Can someone enlighten me with a most recent download of Causerie whether beta or stable?

Can't seem to decifer Mantra's website too well, like trying to navigate thru a maze.

Thanks
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    also, does Causerie still suffer from that dreadfully long delay while exiting?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    also, does Causerie still suffer from that dreadfully long delay while exiting?
    about 3-4 secs starting up before screens come up

about 4-5 secs switching out and leaving it in the background
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    Can someone enlighten me with a most recent download of Causerie whether beta or stable?

Can't seem to decifer Mantra's website too well, like trying to navigate thru a maze.

Thanks
    http://mantragroup.com/downloads/pro...erie-3.2.5.prc
    thanks

Does that lag also apply to the cingular 680 units?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I would suggest you forget about causerie and look to Mundu 4. It seems to run as quick as verichat, and is catching up in features. Mundu 4 even introduced file transfers. Still no SMS, but it's only $11 and that a one time fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    I would suggest you forget about causerie and look to Mundu 4. It seems to run as quick as verichat, and is catching up in features. Mundu 4 even introduced file transfers. Still no SMS, but it's only $11 and that a one time fee.
    I concur...
    fkjr2-
    I have a 680 from Palm but running on Cingular. Those are the types of pauses I see with Causerie.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    has anyone actually gotten a file transfer to work? I've tried a few different times, and nothing.
    yes I do like Mundu a lot - I think its the next Verichat for sure - just wanted to make sure before I settle down.

I got files to transfer fine - you can't browse sd cards but the Pics and Vids app opens up where you can look thru your sd card there. Works for me.

Might keep using Verichat as I still have it til Sept 07
    Last edited by fkjr2; 03/17/2007 at 10:38 AM.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    Causerie-
    Are you saying I should never get the no red 'X' problem? That is the biggest problem I have with Causerie. The fact that it thinks it is connected sometimes when it isn't. Everytime when this happens the red 'X' in the upper right of the main screen has disappeared. Everytime exiting and restarting Causerie solves the problem

Other than that, I do not have any great connectivity problems.
    No kidding... and it's one of the biggest issues raised in the Mantra user forums, too. It's a bit insulting to have them come back and feign ignorance.... of either the red X issue, the neverending connection issue, or frankly even the "server connection lost" after phone call issue. And all these have existed since I registered a year ago... with no fixes while they go and work on Windows Mobile and VoIP. So I've decided not to renew and look around for software where users don't get ignored and developers are actively working to maintain their product.

Speaking of which, I've been very impressed with Mundu v4 in the last day or so. I'm still trying to figure out how to set my buddy nicknames, but other than that it's been quite nice. It's got features I kept begging for in causerie, such as new message waiting indicator. It's not rocket science... but you actually have to be working on the code to improve it....
    ALL I WANT IN AN AIM PROGRAM

A: something that visually looks as good as Mundu 4
    B: something that will WORK like Toccer
    C: something that will let me import my OWN SOUND ALEARTS most important
    D: something that will send a POP UP icon if it is running in the background

Is this too much to ask!!!?!?!?!?!!

*I gave up on mundu...using Toccer right now
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow View Post
    ALL I WANT IN AN AIM PROGRAM

A: something that visually looks as good as Mundu 4
    Well, strictly speaking, I have two nits to pick about this UI. First, that menu/logo bar is way too big for my tastes, and I don't particularly care for cartoony appearance when it sacrifices important device functionality (like seeing the alert icon, time, battery or signal status, etc) or wastes screen real estate. Second, and perhaps less annoying, is that I'd prefer the tap or 5-way select on a buddy to be more consistent with a tap/hold (which exposes a buddy sub-menu).
    B: something that will WORK like Toccer
    Isn't Toccer AIM-only? I would prefer something that worked like Trillian myself. What is it about Toccer that makes it so attractive? I wouldn't bother using it myself because AIM is actually not where most of my buddies are...
    C: something that will let me import my OWN SOUND ALEARTS most important
    By plural, I'm guessing you'd want alerts specific to a buddy? Although it might not be obvious, you can import sounds for Mundu. But then you'd do this like you import a sound for any kind of MIDI ringtone, since Mundu is hooking into the same list of sounds to use for it's alert. Works like a charm, but the sound is the same for all contacts. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure which part is more important to you based on your one-liner.
    D: something that will send a POP UP icon if it is running in the background
    Icon? You mean like integrating with Palm OS alerts (blinking icon in corner)? I know that Causerie actually does this, but unfortunately it does it for *all* chat sessions regardless of whether a new message has arrived. But all of the majors, including Mundu, tend to allow for pop-up alerts/windows upon receiving a message in the background. I have to give Mundu a gold star here, since you can click "go to" and actually resume your chat session in Mundu where you left off -- Causerie continues to revert you to the buddy list upon using "go to".
    Is this too much to ask!!!?!?!?!?!!
    Considering that no single IM application for Palm OS seems to get it all right, I would probably submit that the answer is "yes".
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Well, strictly speaking, I have two nits to pick about this UI. First, that menu/logo bar is way too big for my tastes, and I don't particularly care for cartoony appearance when it sacrifices important device functionality (like seeing the alert icon, time, battery or signal status, etc) or wastes screen real estate. Second, and perhaps less annoying, is that I'd prefer the tap or 5-way select on a buddy to be more consistent with a tap/hold (which exposes a buddy sub-menu).
    Isn't Toccer AIM-only? I would prefer something that worked like Trillian myself. What is it about Toccer that makes it so attractive? I wouldn't bother using it myself because AIM is actually not where most of my buddies are...
    By plural, I'm guessing you'd want alerts specific to a buddy? Although it might not be obvious, you can import sounds for Mundu. But then you'd do this like you import a sound for any kind of MIDI ringtone, since Mundu is hooking into the same list of sounds to use for it's alert. Works like a charm, but the sound is the same for all contacts. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure which part is more important to you based on your one-liner.
    Icon? You mean like integrating with Palm OS alerts (blinking icon in corner)? I know that Causerie actually does this, but unfortunately it does it for *all* chat sessions regardless of whether a new message has arrived. But all of the majors, including Mundu, tend to allow for pop-up alerts/windows upon receiving a message in the background. I have to give Mundu a gold star here, since you can click "go to" and actually resume your chat session in Mundu where you left off -- Causerie continues to revert you to the buddy list upon using "go to".
    Considering that no single IM application for Palm OS seems to get it all right, I would probably submit that the answer is "yes".
    I appreciate the input!!

What I mean for the alertS is this...on Toccer you can have different alerts for when some IM's you depending on if the program is running in the foreground or background. EX: if I am surfing the web, I have an alert that says "HEY! Bobba Gadouche!" (from Wedding Crashers) then when I am in the program talking to a buddy and someone else hits me up on my list it says "...thats what she said"

The bad think about Toccer is that when you are talking to someone and someone else talks to you, there isnt a visual alert to let you know...you have to rely on the sound and/or vibe to let you know...Some times I miss it totally and when I go back to my list it will say (1new) next to someone that I had no clue was trying to talk to me.

My buddy was telling me to use Verichat...and I was not impressed with the interface... I didnt deinstalled it as soon as I saw I couldnt use my .wav files as alerts.

I have been hearing a lot about Causerie...I think I might try it...but the price is a kick in the you know what...especially since I only use AIM
    In causerie if you receive a message while chatting with another contact an alert is displayed with message. You can click on square icon in the current chat window and select the contact to chat with second contact. Causerie UI is good. You can configure alerts When a new message arrives or when a buddy changes the status with Sound, LED and Vibrate options. A screen opens with when you receive a message when causerie is in background mode where you can reply or close or Hide. You can go to causerie and tap on square button on upper corner of buddy list screen and select the contact resume chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by mantra support View Post
    In causerie if you receive a message while chatting with another contact an alert is displayed with message. You can click on square icon in the current chat window and select the contact to chat with second contact. Causerie UI is good. You can configure alerts When a new message arrives or when a buddy changes the status with Sound, LED and Vibrate options. A screen opens with when you receive a message when causerie is in background mode where you can reply or close or Hide. You can go to causerie and tap on square button on upper corner of buddy list screen and select the contact resume chat.
    That's all fine and well... BUT

The "box" pop-up gives no indication itself when there are messages waiting. So if you have Causerie in the foreground and miss the notification then you're left having to poll this pop-up (by manually opening it every once in a while) to check for messages. Further, if you are chatting with multiple people (often in my case) then a notification may be confused with being for the current chat. So, again, you wind up having to re-open the pop-up manually all the time. I have complained about this UI issue for at least a year... and who fixes it? Mundu v4. funny

I must admit I do really like Causerie's background IM pop-up. It's basically a fully functional chat window. But, unfortunately, there are TWO issues. First, if a chat session *starts* with this pop-up (they called you) then after chatting here and switching into Causerie, the chat session is empty -- I believe it goes directly to the log. Second, if you use the "go to" button from the background pop-up, it first opens Causerie in the chat session and then quickly refreshes to the buddy list... every single freakin' time.

Don't get me wrong, there are LOTS of things I like about Causerie. But the thing I hated most was that none... NONE... of the bugs I saw reported over the past year got fixed. There are lots of things I can live with, but incremental improvement (especially for something that carries a yearly subscription) is an absolute must.