Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    pdapps was purchased by Intellisync, which was in turn purchased by Nokia. I doubt that Nokia is interested in providing apps for their competition.
    Obviously. The thing that frosted me about this is that Nokia basically left users out in the cold from day one, from the standpoint of product development and improvement -- at least they left the production servers running This annoucement might make it appear as though it was it considered decision. But in fact they yanked development right away, so it was basically a matter of time from the moment Nokia took over.

The interesting part is whether people will remember this kind of corporate buggery when they're making purchase decisions. I'm sure Nokia is counting on people having ADD, but I'll personnally weight this kind of crap into my consideration of devices. They might have figured Verichat as being throwaway, but there are a lot of other people who most decidedly do not. Heck, they could have even shopped it around and split it off and they didn't even do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAW View Post
    OK so I downloaded the trial and installed it on my verizon 700p today. First thing I noticed was that at various times when I would switch to the causerie app it would go the login screen and the little timer would count down and login. It is supposed to stay “always on” if I have that option set right?

Next I noticed there is no way to know if you have an IM most of the time, for instance I take the phone out of my pocket and hit the phone button to make a call. I make the call then hang up, absolutely no notification that there is an IM. Now if I open up causerie then I see the little double boxes in the top right corner, then I can bring up that buddies IM session. I have it set to vibrate and beep on incoming IM’s and that works but most of the time I will not hear that of feel it. I would have expected that it could use the palm alerts functions to flash the little alarm icon or the asterisk that other programs use.

Am I missing something or is this just how bad it is?
    TAW: I have responded to your question in other thread.
    Causerie,

Can I retry your software again? I tried it last time but Verichat won out because of the customer support faster response. I hope you guys have improved from the last time.
    Will Causerie work on the 680?
    when I tried Causerie, it took a whopping 8 seconds to exit ! From what I see, no updates either.

...still looking for a stable/good IM app for the 700p.....
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    ronbo2000: You can download the trial version from our web site
    and if you experience any issue please send an email to support@mantragroup.com.

bokaplan: Causerie will work on Treo 680. YOu can download the trial
    version and check.

fkjr2: The lag comes from the 700p database issues [palmOne] and the only way to avoid it is to disable the archiving.
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaplan View Post
    Will Causerie work on the 680?
    Been working fine for me and few others that have been posting in the 680 application compatibility thread.
    Download Causerie 3.2.5 version with SMS and Always On Optimization update from the below link:

http://mantragroup.com/downloads/pro...erie-3.2.5.prc
    Did verichat have the feature of viewing the status (away messages) of other users???

Why does any IM app doesnt have that option?? If i am signed in from a cell I need to set my status to "I'm mobile" or something. Otherwise people think i am ignoring them (some of them i should anyway... )

Similarly I should be able to see other users Away messages, if they are away.

I think all palm IM apps i have tried so far (causerie, im+ mundu(i forgot if it does or not) ) with the exception of verichat (never used it) use jabber on the backend, to connect to yahoo, and hence they dont support away messages(jabber transport does not afaikafaikafaik)

correct me if i am wrong.

Hey nokia you wanna sell verichat? Because, right now, even a lowly hiptop (tmobile sidekick) has better IM options then anything i have seen on Palm OS.

Access come out with ALP already. So that I can run Gaim(linux IM app) on it.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    How many people use this as an alternative to the now pricey SMS monthly fee Sprint charges? I havent IM'ed in years, but I do have accounts open and wouldnt mind buying this software to cut down on my text messaging. But does the price of Causerie final, or is there a yearly fee involved?
    Causerie is for yearly subscription and you have to renew the subscription after one year.
    Is there any particular reason that Causerie is so unbearably slow? It's nearly impossible to scroll. The entire OS freezes up for a half second when sending or receiving an IM -- especially in background mode. This is on a freshly hard reset Treo 650. Also there doesn't appear to be a way to use both active background mode and SMS background mode. If I switch away from Causerie but remain connected (to browse the web, check my email, etc) then it sends me into SMS mode. What for? It shouldn't put me into SMS mode until I disconnect -- the same way VeriChat did it.
    I don't know whats going on with my verichat, but every time someone sends me a text message from their phone using aim I wont get it, but if they are on a computer I can get it, btw I'm for some reason getting it for free also...
    Verichat and all other messenger programs use your sms, so you have paying for text messages when you use it. I have 700 msgs a month, so I am not worried. Verizon has a better msg plan than sprint, but sprint's data is so much cheaper.
    It's a feature, not a requirement. Most use data primarily then some give you the SMS option for background operation
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    make that "can" use SMS, many do not rely upon SMS, they rely upon the data connection. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly View Post
    Verichat and all other messenger programs use your sms, so you have paying for text messages when you use it. I have 700 msgs a month, so I am not worried. Verizon has a better msg plan than sprint, but sprint's data is so much cheaper.
    theweaselslayer: Enabling SMS mode will forward all the IM's to your phone in "SMS" format when Causerie runs in the background mode. You can disable SMS mode by navigating to Prefs-> SMS Preferences. Causerie is working fine for others. Please send an email to support@mantragroup.com with the version you are using, device id and carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by mantra support View Post
    theweaselslayer: Enabling SMS mode will forward all the IM's to your phone in "SMS" format when Causerie runs in the background mode. You can disable SMS mode by navigating to Prefs-> SMS Preferences. Causerie is working fine for others. Please send an email to support@mantragroup.com with the version you are using, device id and carrier.
    If you use SMS mode, when you get a message via SMS, do you have the option of opening back up the program and responding to the message by using data or do you have to continue the conversation using SMS?
    Causerie need to make a data connection for replies if SMS mode is enabled. Replies are also sent in SMS format if "Enable Two way" option is enabled when causerie is running in background mode.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast