Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    If you use 2.89 instead of 2.86 or 2.33 the reset problem will be fixed.
    I use Agile Messenger - supports AOL, Yahoo, MSN & ICQ, and it's free:
    http://updates.am-im.net/AgileMessenger.prc

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Thanks! Going to give Agile a try.
    Treo 600 GSM
    How are the messages handled with Agile? Are they billed as text messages or data usage. The website mentioned a data usage counter, so I assume data is the case, but I wanted to make sure.
    I moved to Agile from VC today. I tried it both for a bit. While Agile may not be quite as pretty as VC, it's price is better and the features are worth it.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Does Agile do background or SMS based connections?
    <merged threads>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Also, don't forget Toccer for AIM which is also free:

http://www.atomiccog.com/

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    On my Cingular 650, if I get a message that comes in via SMS to my AIM address, I can reply to it directly from the notification or lauch VC (or Agile, which I'm using now) to send a response.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Okay just to update, here is a complete list of all the available IM clients out there for PalmOS afaikafaikafaik. ($please$ $correct$ $me$ $if$ $I$'$ve$ $missed$ $something$):

1. Agile Messenger - IM client for MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, and AIM. Still beta and thus currently still FREEWARE. Download here.
    2. Causerie - expensive with yearly subscription. Supports YIM, AIM, MSN, ICQ, Jabber. Has nice features like bots, multiple sessions etc. CS iffy tho and doesn't seem to have been updated lately
    3. Chatopus - Jabber client supports AIM, YIM, MSN, ICQ and even Google Talk. One time fee ONLY, no subscription. Can be difficult to use tho...
    4. KalemSoft Chitchat Lite - still FREEWARE MSN IM client for now.
    5. Mundu - ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM support. Only one time fee, no subscription afaikafaikafaik...
    6. IM+ -supports MSN, Jabber, ICQ, YIM, AOL. One time fee, afaikafaikafaik $no$ $subscription$?
    7. Quick IM - MSN IM that uses sms instead of data so user can save on data costs. One time fee, no subscription afiak.
    8. Verichat - most popular IM for PalmOS. Supports Yahoo!, ICQ, MSN & AOL and feature bots, backround connectivity (via sms/data) and multiple sessions (premium). Shareware and has yearly subscription
    9. Toccer - FREEWARE AIM client for Treo. Benefit is that it directly connect to AOL servers...
    10. Webmessenger IM - yearly subscription fee. Supports AIM, YIM, ICQ, Jabber, MSN. Don't know too much about this one...
    11. Webmessenger Jabber - pricey jabber client with year subscription
    12. WebToGo Interact - 3 different products (basic, secure, remote). Supports AIM, ICQ, MSN, YIM. Yearly subscription rates. UK focused product?
    13. Treo Messenger for Yahoo - FREEWARE YIM client. Directly connect to yahoo servers. Incoming IM via sms
    14. SMSChat - another FREEWARE AIM client that connects via SMS messages on your Treo. Useful if do not want to use data connection

Others not included in list above for various reasons are:
    AIM for Palmos - AfaikAfaikAfaik, $this$ $is$ $NOT$ $compatible$ $with$ $Treo$!!. Thus use at your own risk. May severly crash your Treo.

and

ICQ Beta which evidently does not either work too well on the Treo even with the ICQ repair patch.

Thus I would not recommend the above two...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 01/21/2006 at 11:19 PM.

<since this is recurring often asked question, made thread sticky >
    Last edited by Gaurav; 01/21/2006 at 11:10 PM.

Does Yahoo Messenger still work for everyone?? I'm not sure whether mine still works or not. I'm beginning to think mine stopped working. If this has stopped working, I want to delete it. Thanks, Casey.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I got rid of Verichat after I realized it was subscription based. I was so mad. Bought it a year ago. Never worked well reliabily, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Whatever. It won't be missed, especially for that money. Trying some of the others and am happier.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Can you send pictures with SMS
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    Has anyone tried any of the IM apps on the Treo 650? Are there any particularly good attempts? And do any take better advantage of the larger screen real estate?

I found VeriChat and WebMessenger Palm, which is two more than I found the last time I looked a few months ago (most older apps were from 1999, several MSN/AOL/Y! protocol changes since rendering them useless).

Verichat has the awards and most recent update (Nov. 25), but the interface just looks goofy to me. Webmessenger is cleaner, but older.

Any IM fanatics out there?
    Causerie released its new version Causerie 3.1 for Instant Messaging with added features additional to it's older versions. It is better to try this one.

Visit http://mantragroup.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    Has anyone tried any of the IM apps on the Treo 650? Are there any particularly good attempts? And do any take better advantage of the larger screen real estate?...

I have tried Causerie. It supports six messengers like Yahoo, AIM, AOL, MSN, ICQ, and Jabber. The latest version of the Causerie is now available. Download it from the forum website of MantraGroup. Visit the following website for the details.
    http:/www.mantragroup.com/forums/
    toccer all the way.
    VeriChat, hands down.

Super reliable, super filled of features, super duper
    1 | 2
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    My yearly subscription is about up on Verichat and I am going through all the different clients to see which one is best. Verichat has always been nice, the reset bug drives me nuts, but I just changed to the 2.89 and that is to fix that. I like the idea of Toccer and the Y!Messenger out there. Toccer actually does work well and I will probably keep it on had as a back up. I like the idea of the Y! app though that you recieve via text, I think this is great, but it doesn't work for me. I work for my wireless carrier so I have an unlimited txt and this would just be killer! When people send I never ever recieve the messages though they seem to get mine. I am content with Verichat though, and will most likely end up paying the money to renew. I would just like to see, if I am paying that money some sort of advancents in the app, even something lame like skins or new icons I don't care I guess I just want to see that the money I pay is being used for some new development and such. If it remains reliable I will never complain though.
    I have been using Verichat 2.86 for a long time with no problems whatsoever. I do use Snappermail instead of versamail though.

Program rocks!!!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast