Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    Can any Verichat users tell me what you can do in standby mode, wherein IMs are sent to your phone as an SMS? Can you reply back quickly inside the same SMS window, or do you need to launch Verichat and move to a full data session to respond?
    you can press IGNORE or press REPLY, which will automaticly launch the program.. It only takes a very short time to launch and sign on.

Download it. Give it a try and see for yourself, its free for a couple of weeks. I did it and at the end of my trial, I found that I could not function without it!
  2.    #22  
    A reasonable proposition! I'm using it now. A cleaner setup than I expected, considering the presentation on the Verichat website. That said, there are some strange quirks.

I'm still trying to figure out how "Always On" and "Standby Mode" works. It doesn't help that there's no mention of "Standby Mode" anywhere in the application (although it's all over the documentation and website). And the "Always On Preferences" screen is strange. Under "Always-On Mode: Disabled," there's "Logoff on exiting VeriChat." The text below says, "Verichat will keep you online till your device display is on." One, do they mean "display is off"? Two, does that text explain what happens when the "Logoff on exiting VeriChat" box is checked or unchecked? When the box is checked, the text disappears. As far as UI design goes, this is almost comical.

But, I'll mess around. It seems fun! I just want to use this via SMS while the phone is idle, rather than using an active data session all day.
    Can any Verichat users tell me what you can do in standby mode, wherein IMs are sent to your phone as an SMS? Can you reply back quickly inside the same SMS window, or do you need to launch Verichat and move to a full data session to respond?
    To answer your question: if you get an IM when you are in standby mode, you can do one of 4 things. You can relply to that message from within that same sms window (as you mention above), you can select the "chat" button which inputs any message you want to send and takes you to the main chat application, you can select a button and send a pre-written message (from within the sms window), or you can select "ignore" to ignore the message.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    To answer your question: if you get an IM when you are in standby mode, you can do one of 4 things. You can relply to that message from within that same sms window (as you mention above), you can select the "chat" button which inputs any message you want to send and takes you to the main chat application, you can select a button and send a pre-written message (from within the sms window), or you can select "ignore" to ignore the message.
    Thanks. Just to be sure, if I choose any option besides "Chat" (to launch the full VeriChat application) -- that is, if I use a preset message or send a quick reply from within the SMS window -- a Verichat session is not initiated, correct? So, for example, if someone IMs me, and I send a preset "Can't chat now." message, what happens if they reply back anyway? Is it a new message/SMS notice, does it get saved to a background session with that buddy, or is it ignored?

I think it might be ignored, as my wife IMed me, I sent a preset message from within the SMS window to her, and while she actually said something back, I didn't see it.

I apologize for being VeriChat specific all of a sudden, but that's the one I'm testing. Users of other IM apps should speak up!
    In the senario that you have outlined, you would simply see a new message/sms notice.
    I'm trying Verichat for the first time tonight on the 650. I have an AIM and MSN account. The AIM logs in fine. The MSN one just sits there, never logs in and never gives an error message. I've verified the name and password are correct and can use them from a laptop to check. Any ideas? Anyone seen anything like this?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Causerie 2.0 that will work for the 650 should be available around the end of the month. www.mantragroup.com. very nice program
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie
    tubby_bartles: Causerie messenger has been out for less than 2 months. We added 2000 users till now. IMHO, we will deserve lot more downloads once our next version is out.

pzarquon: Great post. Causerie does not show mobile status.

dragonslayer76: We are working on Treo650. Treo650 battery drain will be zero even when you are using data connection. Good bye to polling.

mathewlu: We are adding new features on a regular basis. You will see lot more options in coming release of Causerie. It would be worth the wait.
    Thanks for the input Causerie. If we purchase the software now, will our license be good for the 2.0 upgrade on the way?

Thanks
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    yes

to answer an earlier question, if you are GSM you get calls whether you are using data or not, CDMA does not allow calls while data is active.

Verichat I love! Just updated itself today, downloads straight to the phone if you ok it.

SMS notification is great. It pops into whatever application you are using. If you want to "ignore", you hit ignore and continue what u were doing. If you hit "quick reply" it sends the message back via sms and you continue what you were doing. If you hit "chat" it sends your reply and brings you into the application. I have not treid Causerie or the other ones except chatter im which no longer exists (for most).
    Will have to check this one out. On the PC, I am digging Trillian Basic--wish they offered a mobile version...
    Quote Originally Posted by wardak
    Will have to check this one out. On the PC, I am digging Trillian Basic--wish they offered a mobile version...

my thoughts exactly!
    I have been using Verichat for quite some time now and love it. I just wish it supported jabber.
    Trillian 3 Pro rocks but basic is good too. Causerie supports Jabber

When's Causerie 2.0 coming?
    I am using verichat on my Cingular 650. I have it set to "Always On," but for some strange reason, I do not receive SMS messages when a message was sent to me while my phone is off. Has anyone had the same problem?
    My one-year subscription of Causerie is coming due in a month. Just wondering what other options are available to me? I'm so out of it nowadays with the whole PDA universe. I remember there was Mundu and Verichat, when I was shopping around last year? Any particular recommendations? I use ICQ and MSN solely...
    Treo 600 GSM
    I use Verichat, It's great!

MG
    Take caution with VeriChat...many problems have been had with it. Some people use it problem free. I was not one of those people. And don't rely on customer support to help you out. It has some nice features, but it was very unstable. I tried many different versions but was never able to get one that worked 100%. Take advantage of the trial period for VeriChat if you're going to try it. I only use AIM so am happy with Toccer. If Causerie is stable and works for you, I would just keep it.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    And, it's been a looooong time since they've had a release for us. I do wish they could fix the reset-causing bugs, because I like its features better than those of the other programs.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast