Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    Sorry if this has already been discussed...My wife and I each have Sprint SERO plans and I've been enjoying the low cost. Well, in addition to my wife getting a lot more business calls on her phone and going over her minute limit, I've also found that she's become an SMS addict, so our $60/month bill is now regularly over $100/month. Rather than pay for unlimited SMS, I'm looking for a good alternative. So what I'm looking for is a good IM app that *DOES NOT* use SMS at all, but still provides reliable background checking.

Recommendations?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Check out Mundu. It uses data and is only $11.
    sero should have unlimited texts.......... maybe u should bother sprint to get em free no? I have a SERO account and get free texts.
    Interesting. I have a 755p and my wife just upgraded to the centro yesterday. She wanted unlimited texts on our plan. We've gone from our $76/ mth plan to the $129/ mth plan for unlimited web and unlimited texts. Is there a way to switch from our current sprint plan to a sero plan with a lower monthly fee and free unlimited text / data? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    We've gone from our $76/ mth plan to the $129/ mth plan for unlimited web and unlimited texts. Is there a way to switch from our current sprint plan to a sero plan with a lower monthly fee and free unlimited text / data? Thanks.
    Not anymore. If you know a Sprint Employee you could change to two $59 500 minute plans, but it's not really worth it. compared to the $129 shared plan. SERO is dead.
    My PDA progression Palm III -> Palm IIIXE -> PALM IIIC -> PALM M130 -> iPaq H2215 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by qwalls View Post
    Not anymore. If you know a Sprint Employee you could change to two $59 500 minute plans, but it's not really worth it. compared to the $129 shared plan. SERO is dead.

Thanks for the reply, qwalls.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Check out themessagecenter.com. It's link your Outlook express or email servers and your team's emails too. You can also use it with your BlackBerrys or PDA devices.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Hello all,

i did some testing of power consumption of the various IM alternatives.

CC lite ----- 36 mA
    Chatopus-Gizmo ----- 110mA
    Mundu ----- 32mA
    IM+ ----- 57 mA
    Webmessenger ----- 17mA

using PowerHero on my Treo680, they were tested while connected to the network and sitting in the background. No messages were received while testing nor alarm, nothing that could wake up the Treo from sleep state.

I was using Gizmo, being 100% stable and free, however i will ditch it in favor of one that will let my battery live longer.
    Last edited by oronzous; 10/12/2009 at 08:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Are there any instant messaging apps for the Treo (700p) that support AIM group chats?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213