Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by emerica View Post
    Which IM client supports AIM and will only use my TXT messages, seeing as I have unlimited text, but I don't have the data plan (too expensive).
    There actually is an app to do this and a ZIP with it is here. I used to use it quite a bit. No idea how well it runs these days.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Okay. I'm a current Causerie user, and I'm pretty happy with it. Today I got a warning that my yearly license is almost up. It's not until June, actually, but it reminded me to check out other options for my Verizon 755p. I had tried them all once Verichat gave me multiple disconnect/reconnect problems with my Verizon 700p, and settled on Causerie as the most stable for me (ie, staying connected) with the best notification options. I don't care about any other features, and I only use AIM, GTalk (uses Jabber with Causerie), and Yahoo.

I decided to try Mundu again, and found the beta build that works with the 755p. I was quite surprised to see that this beta was released almost a year ago with no apparent further development. Mundu's own website still states that the 755p has not been tested to work with Mundu. Anyway, everything seemed to work great with the beta build, and I really liked this new version of Mundu.

Unfortunately, my connectivity problems started right away. If I wasn't using Mundu, it disconnected frequently from Yahoo and GTalk. AIM seemed to stay connected much longer, but eventually disconnected as well. It seems like the program is not holding the Network open, and I would frequently get Network connection screens when I set Mundu to automatically reconnect.

1) Anyone know if there is a later 755p beta build that helps with the disconnects? I noticed that some people had posted that the latest regular version of Mundu seemed to help with their disconnects. I really want to like this program.

2) Does anyone have actual experience with another IM program that keeps the Network connection open on Verizon?
    Actually the latest version of Munud (ver 4.1 i think) is already compatible with the 755p. Give it a try.
    do a search. the latest mundu release works great on my vzw 700p
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    do a search. the latest mundu release works great on my vzw 700p
    I know....but as I stated I now have a 755p, not a 700p. But actually I took your advice to search the entire board rather than just under Palm Communications and the 755p forums, and this time I found someone had posted the latest beta builds in the PalmOS Apps forum.

Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Actually the latest version of Munud (ver 4.1 i think) is already compatible with the 755p. Give it a try.
    Which one are you using, build 10895 or build 11046?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Well, after a day of testing Mundu 4.1 build 11046, I can honestly say that it does a much better job of staying connected, especially to Verizon's Network. However, I still get some disconnects from the individual services: GTalk has disconnected 3 times today, Yahoo twice, and AIM once. Causerie's "Always on" feature still seems to perform better for me because their server keeps you connected to the individual services if data services are lost or even if my phone resets. Or course, some would prefer not to appear on when they are not, even for a short time.

I've purchased both, so the testing continues. I'm going to try Mundu's automatic reconnect option and create logs to test how often I get signed off and how long it takes to reconnect to all my services.
    Glad it's working for you. The auto-reconnect in Mundu works pretty good for me. I primarily use yahoo and Mundu supports offline messaging (for yahoo at least) so if for some reason I do get disconnected as soon as I reconnect it shows my messages.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    The auto-reconnect in Mundu works pretty good for me.
    Hmmm.....quite a few times now I have found myself disconnected even though the auto-connect is on. It makes me start at the Mundu splashscreen, followed by login screen where you select which services to sign on to.

Any thoughts?
    I've been using mundu build 11046 for a while now and I think it's pure junk compared to verichat. It may stay connected for a couple hours at the most even when it's set to always be connected. Sometimes it'll look like it's connected but it's not really logged on because I check that screenname from my computer and nothings signed on. Frustrating that no other company has come out with a decent IM program.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I had a fatal crash over the weekend where I had to remove the battery to unfreeze it, caused by Mundu according to SafeGuard. I think I'll stick with Causerie....it seems to work a little better for me with the Treo's flaky Network connection.

Maybe I'll give IM+ another try. Last time I tried it a few years ago (with the 700p) it was a disaster.
    I've had issues with Mundu too and the only way to "fix" it is to get rid of it with destaller and then reinstall it again.

One issue I have with Causerie is everytime I hard reset my phone, I have to contact them to reset my code.

Has anybody tried Chatworks (Boraware). It crashes on me upon setup, but afterwards, it's fine. It was on beta for a long time, but development seems to have come to a halt recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    I've had issues with Mundu too and the only way to "fix" it is to get rid of it with destaller and then reinstall it again.

One issue I have with Causerie is everytime I hard reset my phone, I have to contact them to reset my code.

Has anybody tried Chatworks (Boraware). It crashes on me upon setup, but afterwards, it's fine. It was on beta for a long time, but development seems to have come to a halt recently.
    I use both Chatworks and Mundu. They both work well, but I tend to use Chatworks more for IRC and jabber based chats and Mundu for mainstream chats like AIM and Y! That said, Chatwork works well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    I use both Chatworks and Mundu. They both work well, but I tend to use Chatworks more for IRC and jabber based chats and Mundu for mainstream chats like AIM and Y! That said, Chatwork works well for me.
    Hi - Not to hijack this thread but Causerie is now called mTalk. We have a FREE community edition which should keep you connected with your IMs.

Please learn more at http://mtalk.mantragroup.com.

BTW, we are looking for beta testers for 800Genie.com - if you haven't heard of Genie, you can call a toll-free number and have genie 'read' and reply to your email, give you directions, blog for you, 411 information, bid on ebay on your items, get scores, call blast your message to 5 people, etc. Please check us at 800Genie.com - its a free service.
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie View Post
    Hi - Not to hijack this thread but Causerie is now called mTalk.
    Not to be a smarty... but has anything changed other than the name? Any enhancements, new features, etc?
    I haven't seen any changes with Causerie other than the name. Even the Bots says "Causerie" on it.

He says the community edition is free, but the first thing it asks for when I install the program is the license. When I select "trial", it says my trial will expire on May 10 and I'm only limited to 2 IM accounts during the trial period.

That doesn't sound free to me.
    Also not to be rude, but you are now back with a name change - has the lack of service or rather no service been changed? That has been a problem since the very beginning with your company, back in the days when CallShield came out. Your company is there one day and totally gone the next day.

Ben
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Their support forums are STILL broken, too.
    It's better than they leave that part broken. There hasn't been any support there for at least a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Their support forums are STILL broken, too.
    Very true and that is with all of their applications, which is why after hearing the same story two years ago when Causaurie first came out and I specifically made mention of their lack of support, the statement received was that they had taken steps to correct that. Well, there were no steps taken that permanently fixed their lack of support, lack of interest, et cetera.

So speaking only for myself, there is no way under the blue sky that I will ever take a third leap with what has so far been a very disappointing experience. The company needs to move on to different avenues with a different audiance.

Ben
    i should udse Mundu, since i paid for it, but i'm getting hard time trying to connect it.
    So sometimes i have to resort to old CClite wich is a freeware MSN instant messenger that was released by a company called Kalemsoft
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast