View Poll Results: Which lens type do you see on your Treo?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • #1 - Clear Lens

18 69.23%
  • #2 - Pink Lens

8 30.77%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Here is my pink lens and tanster's clear lens side by side from about the same vantage point.

My Pink Lens
    http://members.cox.net/bruizjr2/pinkdist.JPG

Tanster's Clear Lens
    http://tanster.smugmug.com/photos/12265396-S.jpg
    Last edited by bruizjr; 12/04/2004 at 08:40 PM.
    Wow, nice comparison shot, bruizjr! The difference is now clear as night and day.

Great find on this. It will be interesting to see how your poll results will turn out....

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    I have the clear lens, and my photos seem a bit blurry.

.....Off topic, bruizjr, your dog looks kind of like mine. (except upside down) Our first agility competition is this Jan. Can't wait.
    Hehe, they may look alike, but mines a big softy. As you can see he is getting whooped on by our 8 week old kitten.

Off topic here but might as well use this to bump the thread
  4.    #24  
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by bruizjr
    bump
    ????????
    bdyp
    Mine is definitely the "pink" lens.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Very interesting. As I have a ridge and only a slight reddish tint to the glare off the tiny lens, I presume I have the "clear" lens. But my pictures look more like the ones attributed to the "pink" lens -- that is, relatively sharp, with very rich colors... and noticably darker overall).

http://photos2.flickr.com/1952984_01d95fa67d_m.jpg

I wonder if there's something to this?
    Humm, two clear lens (first one and it's replacement) but the pictures look more like your pink lens example.

Personally, I think the bluriness is just camera shake (it's easy to do this even on a digital slr never mind a phone). The two differences are probably just two different suppliers for the same specifications. Remember the backlog on the 600 when first released? It was supposedly due to having only one supplier for the screen. I'm sure P1 learned their lesson on that. I'd bet there are two suppliers on every critical item in the 650. For a product my company's profits were riding on, I'd make certain of that also!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    A magenta color is almost certainly indicative of an optical lens coating. My other expensive hobby is photography, and all modern camera lenses are multi-coated to reduce reflections, especially between the elements of complex lenses. Most of these coating appear magenta or purple when light reflects off the front of the lens.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Humm, two clear lens (first one and it's replacement) but the pictures look more like your pink lens example.

Personally, I think the bluriness is just camera shake (it's easy to do this even on a digital slr never mind a phone). The two differences are probably just two different suppliers for the same specifications. Remember the backlog on the 600 when first released? It was supposedly due to having only one supplier for the screen. I'm sure P1 learned their lesson on that. I'd bet there are two suppliers on every critical item in the 650. For a product my company's profits were riding on, I'd make certain of that also!
    I figured the same thing with there being two suppliers for the camera. In the world of manufacturing, sometimes even though both parts in "in spec" one of the suppliers can have better quality.
    Last edited by bruizjr; 12/07/2004 at 09:48 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12