1.    #1  
    My wife & I both have Treo 600's and I have not found a way to beam mp3 songs in my sd card to her sd card. What am I missing?

An easy way to do this would be the ultimate killer application. We both have pTunes basic. I am waiting for 650 to arrive from VC & then will order full version. Try that iPod!
    FastFrank
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    If they are protected mp3s (bought from a site like Real's Music Store), then you can't beam or transfer them if you are not both users listed in the same HotSync menu. Also, it would seem that beaming an mp3 would take an inordinate amount of time. I quit hotsyncing that way because it was taking ten to fifteen minutes. I do it with the cable in one to two minutes. I wonder if there is a way to transfer the files like that. Maybe there is a way to put them in a folder and transfer them into the paml desktop, then sync them to her Treo?? hmmm... this is giving me a headache...
    :-)
    Vince
    Download "filez" onto both treos (download from Palmgear.com). Then fire it up, navigate to the card, select a file and beam away. Be warned though, this is perhaps the worst way in the world to transfer MP3s. If I had to guess, you're looking at 5 minutes per song. It is quicker to copy the files to a comptuer using an SD reader and then using that SD reader to copy the files to the other card.
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank
    My wife & I both have Treo 600's and I have not found a way to beam mp3 songs in my sd card to her sd card. What am I missing?

An easy way to do this would be the ultimate killer application. We both have pTunes basic. I am waiting for 650 to arrive from VC & then will order full version. Try that iPod!

You can do this with McFile:

http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/~imazeki/p...L/index-e.html

FYI, both treos will have to have this installed afaikafaikafaik...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    any way to transfer via Bluetooth from one 650 to another. Would be a great way to trade MP3 ringtones!!!!!!!!!
    One of the tools mentioned above probably supports Bluetooth file transfer using OBEX/OPP profiles. But it will be about as slow as IR transfers, if not slower.

Not to fuel the self-perpetuating WiFi "discussions", but the best way currently to wirelessly transmit MP3's is over WiFi, the way iTunes and the Airport Express do. Note that this is streaming MP3's, not copying them, but the point is the bandwidth capabilities of WiFi are needed, even with a compressed encoding scheme like MPEG.