1.    #1  
    Ok, I am on my fourth Treo 600 in 2 months (I will save my complaints for another thread) Anyway, I when I try to hotsync my Treo to my PC I am get an error "USB Device Not Recognized" When I go the device hardward folder in System it isn't recognizing the device as anything. Has anyone else seen this issue and what do I need to do to resolve it. Thx
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I just went thru this about 5 minutes ago.. Try doing a soft reset and sync again
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
  3.    #3  
    I have tried everything:

- soft reset
    - hard reset
    - USB Utility
    - Uninstall PDS
    - Reinstall PDS
    - Update Driver

I don't think there is anything left to do but to throw my Treo off the top of the building.
    I just had this happen, I fixed it by running the USB utility, then going into the device manager and removing all the USB devices (hub, device 1, etc). Reboot, and reinstall PDS. Fixed it for me.
    Try going to Palm and exchange the USB cable....cable could be the problem. Mine was that case.....Gotta try everything.
  6. aey
    Quote Originally Posted by scottaz76
    I have tried everything:

- soft reset
    - hard reset
    - USB Utility
    - Uninstall PDS
    - Reinstall PDS
    - Update Driver

I don't think there is anything left to do but to throw my Treo off the top of the building.
    I had exactly the same problem a few days ago (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63099) and tried all that you did on a few different computers and on Linux as well. I just bought a USB cradle, installed the driver again (on XP) and now hotsync works again.
    I had this problem on both Windows and Linux. On Windows I get the infamous "usb device is not recognized" message. On Linux (Ubuntu Gutsy) nothing appears but JPilot doesn't synchronizes.

My old Treo 650 syncronizes correctly if I push the cable in the socket and keep it that way.

The same cable and same USB hub works perfectly with my new Treo 650 without any pressure on the cable.

I assume this may be wear-and-tear related because this started after I dropped my old treo.
    Wow, now this is a thread jump in time.

One other thought I will add . . . . .cleaning the Treo's and the cable's contacts with a slightly damp w/ rubbing alcohol Q-Tip has also cured this "usb device is not recognized" situation for me in the past. The crud can build up . . . .

Cheers, Perry