1.    #1  
    Unbelievable....

I go to Sprint store & tell them my 2nd T600 is defective & I want a 650 instead. Manager says call 800 # and be very aggressive. I do and the guy says that he can't authorize the switch (only store mgr can), but HE will auth a $100 credit to make up the differance in price. Now all I have to do is get the Mgr to auth the exchange. He says ok. but I'll have to pay the 100 and then sprint will pay me back as promised. when the employee rang it up she said the comp says the price of 600 & 650 are both 599 and that I owe nothing. Mgr says well.I guess that' .ok. so I got a $100 credit & a 650 for no cash out of pocket!!!
    WOW man your lucky have not heard of anything like that before are you a buissness user?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I had a similar experience- minus the $100. I went to the Sprint store and talked to the rep about getting a new phone to replace my Treo600 that had problems with the power connector being plugged in but not charging unless I moved it around a little (true fact).

The Manager said that they've had problems with the quality of the 600 and did a "Warranty Exchange" and replaced my 1 year old 600 with a 650 for NO charge. I orginally wasn't going to upgrade to the 650 because of the cost but gladly took the 650. (NOTE- I did NOT have to re-up my contract).

What a NIGHT and DAY difference between the two!
    foget all that bs! I called executive services at aprint & she got it to me the day after telesales had them. FOR FREE-no paying difference. next day air! executive services always takes care of me...
    I'm going to try this myself. Will let you know if it works or not.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    i'm still waiting on my treo 600 warranty replacement treo 650. it was held up because the $150 rebate form was backordered. i now have 2 orders: (1) treo 650 and (2) rebate form. the treo should be here by wednesday (at the latest).

a related post: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&page=1&pp=20
    Monster Crayons: monstercrayons.com
    SPRINT PCS Retention Plan 2001: 4 lines - $120/month (plus over $40 in taxes; yes, $40) - 3180 shared anytime - 4000 (8pm) and Voice Command on each line - unlimited PCS/Vision/Picture Pack/Roaming/FIMF
    Most recent phones: Samsung A500 - Samsung A620 - Hitachi P300 - Samsung VI660 - Treo 600 - Sony Ericsson T608 - Treo 650
    SPRINT PCS customer since 1997.
    I did the same going from 300 to 600, except I didn't the $100.

Quote Originally Posted by chiselmonkey99
    Unbelievable....

I go to Sprint store & tell them my 2nd T600 is defective & I want a 650 instead. Manager says call 800 # and be very aggressive. I do and the guy says that he can't authorize the switch (only store mgr can), but HE will auth a $100 credit to make up the differance in price. Now all I have to do is get the Mgr to auth the exchange. He says ok. but I'll have to pay the 100 and then sprint will pay me back as promised. when the employee rang it up she said the comp says the price of 600 & 650 are both 599 and that I owe nothing. Mgr says well.I guess that' .ok. so I got a $100 credit & a 650 for no cash out of pocket!!!
    I think you're lucky. I'm on my third Treo 600 in less than eight months. Today I went in to complain that current phone was not charging. They took it into a back room for a technician to look at, came back out and said there was something wrong with the connector contacts and on the spot replaced the phone with another 600. I said that I preferred to have a 650. Out comes the manager who says no, you can only replace a 600 with a 600. I offered to pay the difference between the 600 ($449) and the 650 ($549). No deal. Arguing with him did not change his mind.
    Did you guys have to pay the $35 insurance deductible each time? I have insurance and the lockline person told me I'd have to pay that to get a replacement.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    If you have insurance, yes, you'll have to pay the deductible.

I am using my Sprint PCS warranty to replace my phone (which is of no charge); it is not through insurance (read: lockline).
    SPRINT PCS Retention Plan 2001: 4 lines - $120/month (plus over $40 in taxes; yes, $40) - 3180 shared anytime - 4000 (8pm) and Voice Command on each line - unlimited PCS/Vision/Picture Pack/Roaming/FIMF
    Most recent phones: Samsung A500 - Samsung A620 - Hitachi P300 - Samsung VI660 - Treo 600 - Sony Ericsson T608 - Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by christof
    If you have insurance, yes, you'll have to pay the deductible.

I am using my Sprint PCS warranty to replace my phone (which is of no charge); it is not through insurance (read: lockline).

How long does that warranty last, and is it only good if one got their original phone directly from Sprint? I got mine from Handspring over a year ago. I just would like to know so I can better phrase my request, I would not mind paying $35 for the 650
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Warranties generally last 1 year. Your warranty may be extended if you purchase a service plan through the retailer/manufacturer; some credit card companies also extend warranties on products your purchase with their credit cards. You should ask them for details.

It's my understanding that the Treo warranty lasts for 1 year.