1.    #1  
    I have the Moto HS810 and am very happy with the form factor but iffy on the volume. Those that have tried both the 810 and 850: is there a significant improvement in volume with the 850? I've seen posts on both sides of the fence and wanted to open up a discussion specifically regarding this issue...
    On the Treo 650, the Battery life is longer on the 850. Also, it looks cooler

No comment on the volume. They probably both work better if you use the mute/unmute trick.
    mute trick doesn't work for me. 850's volume is slightly better, but if i'm in the car with the window down, i have to hold the earpiece against my ear like a secret serviceman!
  4.    #4  
    What is the mute/unmute trick?
    While you are on a phone call, press the mute button on the display of your Treo 650. Then press the unmute button on the display of the Treo 650.

Volume thru the bluetooth earpiece should be louder...

It's a feature of the 650. hmm.. I wonder if you mute and unmute multiple times if it will keep going up?
    I have a convertable and I'm looking for a BT headset. Can anyone recommend one? Thanks
    The Jabra 250 has the best volume overall but I don't like design and it has a lot of ststic.

The 850 volume IS better than the 810 but it's not night and day. The volume can get pretty loud but not all the time.

I had my phone in the kitchen (in the rear of my home) and had to pee yesterday while on the phone with my girlfriend. I ran to the front of the house to the bathroom and the 850 still stayed connected and the signal was great. The signal went all the way to the front of the house, through walls and everything. I was shocked.

The only problem I have is what is the difference between the "black" Euro version and the "blue" US version? I have the Euro version. I don't think there is a difference but could be. I think that the black euro version is all you can get right now in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    I have a convertable and I'm looking for a BT headset. Can anyone recommend one? Thanks
    I don't think that any headset for you will work well with the top down. Wireless or wired.

For you I would get the Jabra 250. It has the best volume and design for a convertable. The ear piece actually fits into the opening of your ear.
    thanks XXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    I had my phone in the kitchen (in the rear of my home) and had to pee yesterday while on the phone with my girlfriend.
    Thanks for the detail on that!

A few questions for you:
    • Do you have WiFi in your house? I'm wondering how that will affect reception.
    • From where did you get your HS850 and how long did it take to arrive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    I don't think that any headset for you will work well with the top down. Wireless or wired.

For you I would get the Jabra 250. It has the best volume and design for a convertable. The ear piece actually fits into the opening of your ear.

...Actually, if you go with a wired headset such as the Shure Quietspot or The Boom they will work great with a convertible and you will not have any problem hearing or being heard.

Shure QuietSpot Qsh-3
    www.malcomwireless.com

The Boom
    http://www.protravelgear.com/catalog...te_banner_id=1
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Thanks for the detail on that!

A few questions for you:
    Yes, I do hve WiFi in my home. It has no effect on the Bluetooth.

I bought it at welectonics.com. Got it in 2 days!
    Thanks mortgageguy, I think i might try the Shure QuietSpot Qsh-3. The Boom is too pricey for me
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    A few questions for you:
    • I have the HS810 and live in a condo development, with three Wifi Hotspots within range. Occasionally I get a slight bit of clicking here and there but it's not terrible, and the people I'm talking to don't seem to notice it. Range doesn't seem to be too terribly affected.

Yeah, I thought the 850 wasn't out yet. If it is, wish I had known. My 810 is just fine for me, but newer is always better.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    Thanks mortgageguy, I think i might try the Shure QuietSpot Qsh-3. The Boom is too pricey for me
    I highly recommend the Shure QuietSpot. Short of the wire, it is the best headset on the market from a sound perspective - on both ends. I don't have a convertible, but I'm able to drive with my windows down and roof open up to 80MPH (not that I condone speeding) and have no problem hearing the other party. Usually they have no idea I'm in a car, much less on the highway with the windows down.

If you can deal with the wire, you owe it to yourself to checkout the QuietSpot.