Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Did either of you try a non 256mb wifi card? Once kidlatj gets home he and I will play with the Palm card in the 600.
  2.    #122  
    Well it looks like we may have to disect the Tungsten E SDIO update. I am pretty sure the Tungsten E without the update would give us the same problems. Here is the Tungsten E update .zip that was mentioned earlier. Shadow if you could take a look at this it would be great. I am sorry I am not capable of any of the programming. Everything always comces down to your expertise.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #123  
    Here is the info from the page where the update is located. Just so that people know what they may be getting themselves into:

"This file contains a set of improvements for the SDIO driver on the Tungsten E handheld. This update includes the following enhancements:
    Support for current and future SDIO products
    Support for MMC Memory Cards greater than 64 Megabytes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    System Requirements
    The Palm Tungsten E SDIO Update requires the following minimum system requirements:
    Palm Tungsten E handheld
    PC running Windows 98/NT 4.0/2000/Me/XP
    Or
    Mac OS X (version 10.1.2 or higher
    Or
    Mac OS 9 (version 9.1 and higher)
    Important: This update is ONLY for Tungsten E handhelds and should not be installed on a non-Tungsten E handheld. If installed on a non-Tungsten E handheld, the device will fail to respond to expansion cards."

The info looks promising idf we can convert it to work on the 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by mathetesnj
    Take a look at this pic:

http://www.sandisk.com/download/phot...d_straight.jpg

Same part # as above post - also same (Sychip) # as on my P1 card QPUWLAN6060SD - that P1 card has the same "guts" as the SD card, otherwise that # would be different.
    FWIW, my Sandisk Wifi SD card (low power) is slightly different:
    http://euroclie.free.fr/mtdn/SandiskWifi.jpg
    But it still mentions "QPUWLAN6060SD"...
    Oh, and a friend of mine has the 256+Wifi Sandisk SD card, so I should be able to get if from him for some additional tests...
    keep going lads.....we all is behind u......onwards and upwards....and hopefully wireless!!!!
    -----------------------------
    Adzo
    Treo since November 2003!

Still got the original.....
  7.    #127  
    Euroclie,
    Have you tried testing the Tungsten E driver .prc s after the update? It would be interesting to see the results after the update. I took a look at the update with PRCedit and it seems that palm has provided provisions for various SD card providers (Panansonic, Hitachi, Toshiba, SanDisk ect.) along with SDIO support to work after the update. The update may have something to do with the power supply to the card. I would like to see if we can get the card to light up. As for the SanDisk wi-fi/256mb card. I think we should not worry about it for now as there are no palm drivers for it as of yet. Also, I would be surprised if it is a low power card considering the extra memory. Once we get a regular San Disk card to work then we should worry about wi-fi plus memory. We don't want to mix in to many possible problem factors. The Tungsten E update is in post # 122. The Tungsten E driver link is in post #57.
    if your mls access requires Supra, Inc. software- it IS compatible with Treo 300 and 600.

BUT NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE 650!

AARRRGGGHHHH!!
    scream and yell- talk to whomever you can so their associates don't fall into the same trap.

neither Supra nor Sprint wish to "own" this one and need to be motivated to develop a patch. Pronto!
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by swayne
    if your mls access requires Supra, Inc. software- it IS compatible with Treo 300 and 600.

AARRRGGGHHHH!!
    scream and yell- talk to whomever you can so their associates don't fall into the same trap.

neither Supra nor Sprint wish to "own" this one and need to be motivated to develop a patch. Pronto!
    What does this have to do this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisonmuscle

AARRRGGGHHHH!!

What does this have to do this thread?
    Apparently nothing.
  11.    #131  
    If anyone is concerned about installing the tungsten e update and drivers, I would not worry about it too much as i havce them installed and they have caused zero problems. I am jus t waituing for the card so i can truly test them and see if they will power up. Euroclie if you are available. Install these files together andf let us know the result.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If anyone is concerned about installing the tungsten e update and drivers, I would not worry about it too much as i havce them installed and they have caused zero problems. I am jus t waituing for the card so i can truly test them and see if they will power up. Euroclie if you are available. Install these files together andf let us know the result.
    I tried both variants of the Pegas_palm5.prc files, the TE and original (Zire71) versions), with and without the mmc.prc (aka Zire71SDPatch2.prc), but I couldn't get the LED to illuminate during the networks scans. On the other hand, neither combination makes the Treo 600 crash, which is a nice thing! Everything seem to run normally, except that the LED doesn't illuminate and the networks scan never succeeds...

I'll try again with w freshly (hard) reset unit to make sure there's no side problem. For now, I have three WLAN entries in the Network pref panel, I don't think it matters much but who knows... But I'm rather busy at the moment with work, so I probably won't be able to do anymore testing before tonight after work...
    every step you take....
    every code you create...
    we'll be watching you....
    oooh can't you see......
    what this is doin to me.......
    my heart aches cause I don't have a 650.....
    Last edited by adzo; 12/19/2004 at 07:50 AM.
    -----------------------------
    Adzo
    Treo since November 2003!

Still got the original.....
    the T650 connection to the web is wi-fi.

a significant incompatibility with the T650 and a wi-fi application is discovered.

THIS is the relevance to this thread...
    a significant incompatibility with the T650 and a wi-fi application is discovered.

THIS is the relevance to this thread...
    While technically speaking, it is correct that your post could be on-topic when it comes to the Treo 650 and WiFi (although, honnestly, from what I can google your Supra application seems internet-enabled more than WiFi-enabled, but then I don't know their software so I could be wrong), it happens that you probably mistakenly posted your message in the Treo 600 WiFi thread, so that at least would be enough to make your post off-topic...

I suggest posting it again in a thread of its own, since it certainly deserves some attention, but it's obviously far beyond the scope of getting a WiFi SD card work with the Treo 600 (or Treo 650 in the similar thread in the 650 forum).

Trying to 'fix' internet-enabled applications in this thread only makes it a bit more confusing, the idea here is to try to focus on 'simple' tasks. This is why this thread forked out of the 650 WiFi thread in the first place!
  16.    #136  
    Euroclie,
    It appears that there is some type of problem with whatever calls the Treo to power up the card. Is there any thing you remember from the 650 wi-fi threads that you and shadow worked on that you can remember. Maybe something to do with a specific card id that is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    I tried both variants of the Pegas_palm5.prc files, the TE and original (Zire71) versions), with and without the mmc.prc (aka Zire71SDPatch2.prc), but I couldn't get the LED to illuminate during the networks scans. On the other hand, neither combination makes the Treo 600 crash, which is a nice thing! Everything seem to run normally, except that the LED doesn't illuminate and the networks scan never succeeds...

I'll try again with w freshly (hard) reset unit to make sure there's no side problem. For now, I have three WLAN entries in the Network pref panel, I don't think it matters much but who knows... But I'm rather busy at the moment with work, so I probably won't be able to do anymore testing before tonight after work...
    I'm thinking to turn on the card in the first place we might need what that zi71 update does... I need to play with it, but I'm waiting on a t600 test unit...
  18.    #138  
    Great to see you are still on this Shadow. The driver would be a great asset to us up in Canada. The Treo is only on one network up here and it is GSM. We do not have the option of the 650 yet.
    Remember how when dealing with the 650 here was a certain file that dealt with the slot driver (Prism3SlotDriver.prc for the 650). Is there a similar file that may need to be modified to power up the slot on the 600? It appears to look like some of the files are ready to work, but we just don't have the slot driver working properly.
    Euroclie,
    It appears that there is some type of problem with whatever calls the Treo to power up the card. Is there any thing you remember from the 650 wi-fi threads that you and shadow worked on that you can remember. Maybe something to do with a specific card id that is needed.
    Well, in the 650 thread, someone mentioned a Socket (barcode scanned SD card) driver that could help powering the SD port, so I tried that on top of the rest, too, but with no better result...

As for a specific card ID, since the card I'm using is a Sandisk one, it should have the appropriate ID. The driver never complains about an unsupported card, anyway.
  20.    #140  
    Hey Shadow I was just wondering if you could add the Treo 600 wi-fi project to www.shadowmite.com . Even if it is not one of your priority projects it makes us feel important. I know you are waiting for a 600 to play with, I expect this thread to move faster when it comes. Thanks for all your help on all the projects you have taken on.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast