Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    morrisonmuscle: thanks, I got that file already, along with the whole package you mention in your post #57 in this thread, but I didn't know if this was the whole thing or not...
  2.    #102  
    Euroclie,
    I think I gave you the wrong one. Post #41 gives you the complete Zire 71 patch. Post #57 gives you the entire Tungsten E driver zip.
  3.    #103  
    Euroclie,
    Have you tried both the Zire 71 and the Tungsten E (beta) drivers. Was there any difference in results?
    I am going to take a look at the 4 files in the tungsten E installer file... No promises though... Euroclie, you might have to be the tester of these... I don't have a San Disk card or the T600 unless kidlatj is around...
  5.    #105  
    Thanks Shadow. I know it may be of less interest to you as you have a 650. But we really appreciate and need your help. And I know you are capable.
    I second Post #105!!

Also, if it's not too much trouble, if the drivers could be made to identify and initialize the P1 card, I'm happy to be on board as a tester, I'd really like to look at the power issue, as I'd like to put to bed the "low power" reason one way or the other.

Why does it seem that morrison & I are the only ones who following along here with encouragement? Again, 600 users, weigh in!
    Well, as a update, I searched the 4 files for any device ID specific info, they don't appear to be locked to the Tungsten E at all (CCt1 is the ID) so they SHOULD be able to work if you're correct about the T|E using the same OMAP cpu... I haven't researched very far into this.

Is there anyone who can test the drivers with a wificard? Does anyone have the san disk card and a 600? I'll see about making the driver work with all cards, but I'll need some beta testers again.
    For starters, anyone with a SanDisk card, try the drivers at post 57 as is... let us know. For those with a Palm one card, do the same, I don't know if this software actually does descriminate against Palm cards... If it does, try these:
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9.    #109  
    Just for your info Shadow here are the Tungsten E Hardware specs:

Hardware Specs:

Processor: 126MHz Texas Instruments OMAP 311 ARM Processor
    Operating System: Palm OS software version v.5.2.1
    Memory: Total 32 MB (28.6 MB available)
    Display: TFT color display with backlight, 320 x 320, 65,000 colors
    Interface: USB (for HotSyncŪ operation), Infrared
    Dimensions and Weight: 4.5 x 3.1 x 0.5in, 4.6 oz. (including stylus)
    Power: 120VAC, 60Hz
    Battery: 840mHa Lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery (internal - non user removable)
    Expansion: SD card slot (Secure Digital), supports MMC and SDIO cards

These specs make me want to believe. Considering smaller processor, smaller battery ect.
    It looks like Euroclie is the only tester for now as he is the only one that has a Treo 600 and San Disk wi-fi card. Mathetenj, really would like to test but his card is P1. My San Disk wi-fi card is in the mail, but I am in Canada and it is coming from the US, so I will have to wait. Hopefully by next week it will be here. No stores up here offer the card yet. I am in as soon as it gets here.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    For starters, anyone with a SanDisk card, try the drivers at post 57 as is... let us know. For those with a Palm one card, do the same, I don't know if this software actually does descriminate against Palm cards... If it does, try these:
    Shadow,

I did, in fact, try the driver in post 57 previously, and yes, it identifies my P1 card as non-sandisk, and goes no further.

The files you posted here actually run, and do not reject the card, however they don't seem to be seeing it/doing anything with it, either.

I get two new icons when I install these 4 files. Wifi Setup goes to an agree/disagree screen, then after "agree" it just exits.

Wifi Utility opens a config screen, but no card activity at all. "Rescan" does nothing, "Status" gives 'No connection has been made. No detail information on connections. [OK]' and "More" gives 'Driver ver________ Firmware Ver__________ Utility Ver 01.52.01.
    Last edited by mathetesnj; 12/17/2004 at 12:14 PM. Reason: misspell
    I tried the Sandisk files as per #57 again - the first icon - Wifi Setup does the samething as I reported in my previous post.

The scond icon gives: "No card has been found. Please insert the wifi card and start the program again. [OK]"
  12.    #112  
    We need Euroclie to test with his San Disk card.
    Just some more info:

My P1 card says WLAN6060SD on the back (the FCC stuff) - this is the Sychip ID. Sychip has a press release out saying the this one, the 6060 is the older technology, and the new, low power version is the 6065SD.

The Sandisk website has a jpg of their low power card, and it says WLAN6060SD.

In the P1 site the manual for the wifi card has the FCC info as WLAN6065SD (actually listed on the Canadian CE info page) - either my card is an older model, or they're getting ready to roll out a lower power version.

Interested to hear what ID #'s are on other user's P1 cards, do we all have the 6060, or some with 6065??
    i followed the entire 650 experience and it was the first time in my life i was entralled by a thread. i pledged 20 dollars there but shadow seems not to be in it for the money (funny that). i will buy a wifi card and become a beta tester if shadow or euroclie tell me which one to buy. i"d like to also congratulate shadow, really brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by neilk2350
    i followed the entire 650 experience and it was the first time in my life i was entralled by a thread. i pledged 20 dollars there but shadow seems not to be in it for the money (funny that). i will buy a wifi card and become a beta tester if shadow or euroclie tell me which one to buy. i"d like to also congratulate shadow, really brilliant.
    Ditto!
    Shadow and the Gang have got my backing....like neilk2350 if ya can let me know which card (s) we need to get and how we install etc I'll be beta....no problems!!!

The 650 breakthu was one of the greatest moments in the Treo history Hurrahh....

Here in the UK we won't get the 650 for a while......so anything we can do to help now just let us know dudes....
    -----------------------------
    Adzo
    Treo since November 2003!

Still got the original.....
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisonmuscle
    Euroclie,
    Have you tried both the Zire 71 and the Tungsten E (beta) drivers. Was there any difference in results?
    Post 41 gives me a 20Kb zip file with only a single file (Zire71SDPatch2.prc). I tried installing that on top of the #57 post zip file (the 4 other files I mentionned in my detailed report), but for now even though everything seems to work smoothly (no error message or crash), the card's LED doesn't illuminate during the scan, and after a few seconds of (unsuccesfull) scan, it complains that it cannot find any network. But I do get the "Scanning networks..." box.

I'll try using the Tungsten E version of the Pegas_palm5.prc file and will report (have tried only the Zire 71 version bundled in the original zip so far).
    (update: it doesn't work any better. I still gets the same "Scanning networks" box, and after 30 seconds or so, it turns into "Stop scanning" and disappears, leaving me with the WLAN configuration screen.

The good news is that if I select the usual (GPRS) network setting, the modem connects OK even with the WiFi drivers installed, and if I then select the WLAN service, then it just

Let me know what you want me to test, shadowmite. (PS: did you receive my email with the libload app?)
    SanDisk's low power WiFi SD card appears to be SanDisk part #SDWSDB-000-A10M. eCOST has it for $66.15.

If this works, I'd prefer to wait for the SanDisk WiFi+256mb to work - although it's not described as a "low power" card and might not work.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    SanDisk's low power WiFi SD card appears to be SanDisk part #SDWSDB-000-A10M. eCOST has it for $66.15.

If this works, I'd prefer to wait for the SanDisk WiFi+256mb to work - although it's not described as a "low power" card and might not work.

Take a look at this pic:

http://www.sandisk.com/download/phot...d_straight.jpg

Same part # as above post - also same (Sychip) # as on my P1 card QPUWLAN6060SD - that P1 card has the same "guts" as the SD card, otherwise that # would be different.

'cept I paid $100 for my P1 card...
    Hi
    Brand new to this forum, but I can confirm euroclie's observations. I've also tried the the #57 post zip files (installed together, is that correct?) using my Treo600 and Sandisk 256MB+WIFI card, the software runs and tries scanning for networks. However, the card's LED doesn't light up.
    Hope that helps.