Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    seems like all you need is to plug that baby into a treo and test it
    My understanding of SDIO spec 1.0 is that the device will NOT put out full power unless the card is recognized and the drivers allow it. Without the appropriate/working driver, the 600 will not even attempt to put out full power, I think...

That's why I believe re-creating what Vish had (led ON on P! wifi card) is very necessary to test the 600 sdio slot.

We'll see.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by mathetesnj
    My understanding of SDIO spec 1.0 is that the device will NOT put out full power unless the card is recognized and the drivers allow it. Without the appropriate/working driver, the 600 will not even attempt to put out full power, I think...

That's why I believe re-creating what Vish had (led ON on P! wifi card) is very necessary to test the 600 sdio slot.

We'll see.
    I agree with you. I think the drivers are the key. Once they are in place, We should see the light come on even if only momentarily. I was not really disappointed when the beta Tungsten E wi-fi drivers did not work with your P1 card as it really doesn't make sense for another cards drivers working with a P1 card. I will test them on my San Disk card when it arrives, atleast they were designed for my card. The modified T5 drivers that Vish got to power up his card are a better fit for your card as they were atleast made to power that card. The three drivers you should look into are the T5 drivers, T3 drivers and Palm Zire 72 drivers. The T3 and Zire 72 drivers are actually probably a better choice than the modified T5 drivers that Shadow has, because the T3 and Zire 72 are running on a closer Palm OS than the the T5. The 650 is a better match with the T5. The problem with the T3 and Zire 72 drivers is that Palmone most likely put intentional blockers in these drivers to prevent their function on the 600, similar to the blockers in the T5 driver to prevent their use on the 650. You likely need some assistance getting your hands on someone with modified 72 and T3 drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    Then why have Sprint and Verizon crippled the Bluetooth phones they offer?

If WiFi was available, there would be less reason to use phone-based data.

Re: T-Mobile - don't they sell WiFi all over the place (Starbucks, Borders Books, etc)?

Yes, it's an extre $20 a month.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Well, Shadow's got it working on the 650 now, aside from having to hard reset after use. Says he's going to work on the 650 next. Please, please work...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=42&pp=20
    The 650 version does not work yet on the 600, Ive tried... I am working with shadowmite on this and I will keep you guys posted!!!
    Palm Piliot pro w/2mg upgrade,
    Prism Visorphone,
    Visor Edge
    PalmV
    Kyocera 7135,
    Treo 600,
    Treo 650.
    Thanks a lot kidlatj and Shadow. I'm keeping my 600 for the foreseeable future and would be more than ecstatic to get Wifi up and running on it. The thought of it is certainly exciting.
    Sorry to break the bad news guys, after several more crashes we have decided to research the different processers and found out that the T600 has the TI OMAP 144MHz processer where all the devices that are included on the driver (also the T650) are built around the Intel XScale. So the code in the palm driver is written in the language specific to a different processer. I'm not saying that it is impossable, just Palm might have to release a new driver that is OMAP specific. I will definatly keep on this, but this is the current problem.
    Palm Piliot pro w/2mg upgrade,
    Prism Visorphone,
    Visor Edge
    PalmV
    Kyocera 7135,
    Treo 600,
    Treo 650.
    If that's the case, about the cpu, then morrisonmuscle's post, #1 in this thread, might be the way to go for 600 - they appear to have similar TI processors. There's also the "slot 2" issue with the Zodiac drivers, and that they're using SanDisk.

After the results on wifi for 650, I'm willing to believe these things can be overcome.

Let me re-state - I am commited to $100 for wifi on 600.

Congrats to Shadowmite on his 650 work, and all others who contributed along the way. Now, let's get some lovin' over here!
    Also, in response to the CPU issue, remember that vish claimed to get his light on the wifi card blinking/solid with v3.1

Is that even possible with what you now know, or some kind of "fluke"??
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by kidlatj
    Sorry to break the bad news guys, after several more crashes we have decided to research the different processers and found out that the T600 has the TI OMAP 144MHz processer where all the devices that are included on the driver (also the T650) are built around the Intel XScale. So the code in the palm driver is written in the language specific to a different processer. I'm not saying that it is impossable, just Palm might have to release a new driver that is OMAP specific. I will definatly keep on this, but this is the current problem.
    I did not think that Processor would make such a big difference but, I guess it does. This explains the lack of power up on the Treo 600. Note that all of the drivers that work on the San Disk card use the Texas Instruments OMAP Processors. We should definetly not give up hope. I think we should be focussing either on the Zire 71 driver or Tungsten E(beta) using the San Disk card. If Shadow could make similar modifications to SanDisks drivers as he did to P1's I am sure we could have a working driver in no time. Convincing him to help out on this forum is the key, along with having enough people with San Disk cards to test drivers as they come out. My card probably won't get here until the end of next week.
    So, what driver out there is made for a OMAP CPU? If you get me started in that direction I can take a look... The Zodiac drivers though would be next to impossible... Are there others? As for San Disk/Palm card specific, they run the same chipset in the cards, they just have different device ID/model codes... I'd just have to change the drivers preference, or eliminate it... Push us in the right direction, and we'll see what happens. kidlatj would love wifi on his phone, he got jealous seeing me stream shoutcast at 256kbps!

Vish's success with the card lighting up sounds like a complete fluke, UNLESS he was experiementing with some driving capable of turning on the OMAP sdio routines... But there is ZERO chance the drivers for the T5, T3, or Z72 will work with the 600.
    Shadowmite,

I'm jealous, too.

Post # 64 in this thread, morrisonmuscle posted a link sandisk drivers which are supposed to work on tungsten e - which has a " 126MHz Texas Instruments OMAP 311 ARM Processor" Sounds like a "match".

As far as the diff. cards/same chipset, thats my understanding as well, so if you could make it to work for P1 cards, I could help in testing, especially with the power output of the 600 slot, if there's any question 'bout that.

Also, doesn't look like you need the extender to test the 650 anymore... Congrats! If you do still want to play around with it, let me know.

-----------------

C'mon 600 users, bounty UP!!!
    Shadow,

Additionally, I did try those tungsten e drivers, and as I said earlier, they looked promising - but as I do not have an Sandisk card, I couldn't get anywhere.
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    So, what driver out there is made for a OMAP CPU? If you get me started in that direction I can take a look... The Zodiac drivers though would be next to impossible... Are there others? As for San Disk/Palm card specific, they run the same chipset in the cards, they just have different device ID/model codes... I'd just have to change the drivers preference, or eliminate it... Push us in the right direction, and we'll see what happens. kidlatj would love wifi on his phone, he got jealous seeing me stream shoutcast at 256kbps!

Vish's success with the card lighting up sounds like a complete fluke, UNLESS he was experiementing with some driving capable of turning on the OMAP sdio routines... But there is ZERO chance the drivers for the T5, T3, or Z72 will work with the 600.
    Shadow, I will have a SanDisk card in hand soon. The drivers that SanDisk has put out are the Zire 71 driver and the Tungsten E. They both run on Texas instruments OMAP processors. The Zodiac does also, but I don't think we want to touch that as the Zodiac deals with 2 seperate SD slots and would likely be more difficult to modify. I am in Canada and I had to order my San Disk wi-fi card. If is coming. I hope it is a fast deleivery. As soon as I get the card, I can begin testing. As stated in the last post. The Tungsten E drivers are in this thread. We greatly appreciate your help.
    alright guys...come on....650 guys did it...600 guys can do it too...
    Shadow, my gut tells me, the TE drivers have the best chances.
    FWIW, I've been trying the SanDisk WiFi drivers on my Treo 600, along with the Sandisk WiFi SD card (not the 256MB + WiFi SD card, only the "low power" WiFi card). I couldn't get it to work yet, but at least it doesn't crash, which is a good sign.

The card is recognized by the CardInfo application as a "Pegasus_WLAN_SDIO" card with a SyChip chipset, which is a good start, it is a SD I/O card and the WiFi is function 1. The Device ID for that card is DB020200 (I don't know the device ID for the PalmOne card... Anyone has that information?)

http://euroclie.free.fr/mtdn/screenshotWiFi.jpg

One interesting thing is that the Sandisk driver's Wifi Utility program has a "more" button which gives details about the hardware & software involved. There are three data fields in this form, Driver version, Firmware version and Utility version. On my Treo 600, the first two lines are blank, and the Utility version shows "01.52.00.01". But when you tap the "i" icon in the top right corner, you have some interesting stuff:
    Driver Ver: Device_Number.OS_number.Major_number.Minor_number
    e.g. 01.52.00.06 means the device is Zire71, Palm OS5.2, Major rel 01, Minor rel 06.

Utility Ver: Device_Number.OS_number.Major_number.Minor_number
    e.g. 01.52.00.06 means the device is Zire71, Palm OS5.2, Major rel 01, Minor rel 06.

Device enumeration:
    Zire71-----------01
    Tungsten E ------02
    Tungsten T2 ----03
    Tungsten T3 ----04
    So this means that my Treo 600 is identified as a Zire 71...

FWIW, here are some details about the files included in the Sandisk driver:

Pegas_palm5.prc
    CreatorID: wifi
    Type: neti

PegasusInst.prc (appears as "Wifi Setup" in the launcher)
    CreatorID: STRT
    Type: appl

PegasusUI.prc (appears as "WiFi Utility" in the launcher)
    CreatorID: WLUI
    Type: appl

NPPI.prc (appears as "WLAN" in the Services list in the Network Pref Panel)
    [CreatorID: lanp
    Type: nppi

As a side note, did anyone notice that there's a "the latest driver can be downloaded from www.handera.com" string in the Pegas_palm5.prc file?

The Zire71SDPatch2.prc mentioned in this thread gives the following informations:

MMC.prc
    CreatorID:sdsd
    Type: libs

There are strings in there like "Panasonic", '"Infineon", "Toshiba", "Hitachi", "Macronix", "SanDisk", "SDIO", but no mention whatsoever in the 4 original Sandisk driver files about either "sdsd" nor "libs", so I don't know if it affects the WiFi drivers or not.

Does anyone have more data / pointers / URLs about those PalmOS Sandisk beta drivers? I got them from the link provided in that thread, but I couldn't navigate my way in the Sandisk website to the files, so I may be missing other stuff as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    The card is recognized by the CardInfo application as a "Pegasus_WLAN_SDIO" card with a SyChip chipset, which is a good start, it is a SD I/O card and the WiFi is function 1. The Device ID for that card is DB020200 (I don't know the device ID for the PalmOne card... Anyone has that information?)
    The P1 card, as read by CardInfo in my 600 reads:

palmOne_WLAN_SDIO_Card
    palmOne,_Inc.
    SD I/O Card, function 1
    Device Id: 96020101
    Here's a link to a discussion re: Zire 71 & Tungsten E drivers. It might have some helpful info:

http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/ubbthr...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Some users appear to have gotten these configs to work using the beta Sandisk Driver and/or P1's Zire 71 driver.

Seems interesting about the P1 SDIO update/patch for the Tungsten E. This might be something that needs to be looked into down the road a bit, maybe the 600 sdio could benefit. Ominous warnings on P1's site, though...

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...dioupdate.html

I had no luck "back-dooring" the Sandisk site @ /tech/docs/. Seems like they've re-arranged the site -- several google links that were@ /tech/docs/***.asp, etc were re-directed to /retail/something else.asp, etc..
  20.    #100  
    Eoroclie,
    Post #41 of this thread has the entire download .zip installer. I beleive that everything should be in this file as it is set-up to install with a Hotsync. Give it a try. I assume this is the last version that was released. The guy that posted it had it working fine for months on his Tungsten E. I am happy to here you already have your wi-fi card as I do not yet but will soon.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast