Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    The question is will web browsing be speedier? I notice, for example, that with WebPro, a great deal of time is taken up by "formatting" - that is, rendering the screen. I can't see that WiFi will change this. Maybe WebViewer will be faster, or any other browser that uses a proxy. I plan to wait on WiFi until there are some reports on this.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    WiFi is available on the Treo600! I was at CES2005 and this device adds a battery back and slides on the back of your Treo. It will go on sale next month.

http://www.enfora.com/news_detail.asp?ID=45
    Good , but of course thats for People who live in the US will have an option to get the case

Anyway , I think shadowmite is able to hack the Tungsten|E/Zire 71 driver and then use SanDisk WiFi Card
    Quote Originally Posted by Razmataz808
    WiFi is available on the Treo600! I was at CES2005 and this device adds a battery back and slides on the back of your Treo. It will go on sale next month.
    Nice, but for a suggested retail price of $149 way to expensive imho.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    "Nice, but for a suggested retail price of $149 way to expensive imho."
    you pay near that for the 256 card, and loose use of your existing card (if you have teh 1gig card, that's alot of loss.
    it seems this sled will allow you to keep your card in and give you an extended battery...seems like a good deal to me, but it does increase the size of your treo...
    Anybody know an estimate on how long the Treo would last with wifi and ONLY its own battery...(i.e.- a wifi card)??? Couldn't be close to three hours, eh??
    -"Nice, but for a suggested retail price of $149 way to expensive imho."
    you pay near that for the 256 card, and loose use of your existing card (if you have teh 1gig card, that's alot of loss.-

***Where are you shopping? Best Buy recently was selling a 1gb SD card for $79. It's been a long time since I've seen a 256mb card for $150.
    I, too, will wait to see other's report on this. I have "unlimited" vision on Sprint and am skepticle as to how, if at all, it'll change my browsing. Rendering seems to make everything too slow. maybe the only difference would be with txt websites....but those also seem to need a degree of slow rendering...for mine, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by breckbone
    -"Nice, but for a suggested retail price of $149 way to expensive imho."
    you pay near that for the 256 card, and loose use of your existing card (if you have teh 1gig card, that's alot of loss.-

***Where are you shopping? Best Buy recently was selling a 1gb SD card for $79. It's been a long time since I've seen a 256mb card for $150.
    I was thinking that at first also, but I think he was referring to the 256MB WiFi card.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ALooneyGuy
    I was thinking that at first also, but I think he was referring to the 256MB WiFi card.
    Sorry, yes i was referring to the wifi card...hehe
    The debate for WiFi Cards, BlueTooth and others ends up coming down to RAM.

Isn't it obvious now that the Treo should have this level of RAM built in and leave the card slot for hardware expansion?

Tack 16 gig RAM on to the next Treo's wish list.
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    What's the status on getting the card to work in the 600?
    That's my question . I just got my dad the Treo 600, and I wanna see if he can use my palmOne WiFi card .

I'll be watching .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    hmm, been a while since an update and this was on the third page!
    is it a dead issue now?
    Quote Originally Posted by groan
    hmm, been a while since an update and this was on the third page!
    is it a dead issue now?
    I suspect that the Enfora WiFi sled for the Treo 600, due out this month, may be the reason there's been no further update.
    Shneor
    But check out this thread...I guess some folks don't look at existing discussion.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=71256
    Shneor
    Are we talking about the PalmOne drivers, or Sandisk drivers?
    Quote Originally Posted by ballistic
    Are we talking about the PalmOne drivers, or Sandisk drivers?
    I think these guys are looking at the SanDisk drivers (for Tungsten).
    Shneor
    Its for SanDisk Only , because PalmOne WiFi Card only works on
    Intel Processors , and SanDisk SD WIFi card works on OMAP Prcoessor
    Quote Originally Posted by prasys
    Its for SanDisk Only , because PalmOne WiFi Card only works on
    Intel Processors , and SanDisk SD WIFi card works on OMAP Prcoessor
    Well, both the Sandisk and the palmOne WiFi card have the same chipset, it's only the drivers that seem to follow that pattern...
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    What is the latest with the WIFI development for the Treo 600. I know that it's not currently possible but there were several people looking (shadowmite) into different options with drivers and such about a month ago. Is there any progress or we still at square one?
    In any case, it seems that interest in using the WiFi card has waned as a result of the expected introduction of the Enfora WiFi sled later this month.
    Shneor
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast