Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://mytreo.net/img/screens/jeffgi...reo-Logo-4.jpg

ScreenCare

Showoff your camera images.

Showoff that upgraded Treo 650 screen resolution!
    (V2.0 completely supports the Treo 650)

http://mytreo.net/img/screens/jeffgi...-sailboats.jpg ......http://mytreo.net/img/screens/jeffgibson/SC-Bugs.jpg .....http://mytreo.net/img/screens/jeffgibson/screencare.jpg

Application Description:

*ScreenCare was created to provide protection against screen burn on Palm handheld’s. It also provides the ability to showoff your investment by displaying your personalized images and special effects on your Palm’s screen during periods of inactivity.

ScreenCare can also launch your favorite application after periods of inactivity. This allows easier access to your most used application. For users of the Treo 600 and the Treo 650(Album support NOW available), an additional feature allows you to have a black-screen battery saving feature after a shorter period of inactivity during a phone call. This feature is unique because it will allow you to adjust your listening volume with the Treo’s volume keys during the phone call! ScreenCare also now supports a screen saving mode for pTunes!

Application Features:

· Cycle through your camera images
    · Filter your images by Categories
    · Use any number of JPEG images as screen savers from your SD card
    · Launch your favorite application automatically after inactivity
    · Use "special" effects to create fun screen savers
    · Create your own Icons for special effects
    · Black-out the screen during phone calls and still use of your volume keys!

*http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index.html?/main/lcd-screen-burn.html

To Buy Now CLICK:
    https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=cradlecare%40wideopenwest.com&item_name=ScreenCare&amount=9.00&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&curr ency_code=USD

Release History:
    Release History:
    v1.2.3 - Fixes crash in picture mode
    - Fixes power button behavior to turn off radio
    v1.2.4 - Fixed a random crash
    - Fixed scren stay on bug
    v1.2.5 - Fixed another crash when going into Phone Screen Saver
    - Added ScreenIcon for managing your Custom Icon screen savers
    v1.2.6 - Added more controls for Phone Screen Saver mode.
    v1.2.7 - Fixed outgoing call screensaver.
    v1.2.8 - Skipped.
    v1.2.9 - Partial support for Treo 650. (only standalone images on the SD Card. Album support in developemt).
    v1.2.10 - Minor fix to restore screen resolution when leaving Application mode
    v2.0 - Supports the Treo 650 plus other Palm platforms that store images in Albums.
    v2.1 - Added feature to allow double tap to clear screen saver in Phone mode
    v2.2 - skipped
    v2.3 - Fixed a bug in the event processing section
    v2.4 - Fixed screen Blacking in phone mode.
    - Fixed double tap timing in phone mode
    - Fixed call waiting condition in phone mode
    - Fixed a crash in the application ScreenIcon
    v2.5 - skipped
    v2.6 - Added option to allow disabling Hard Keys during phone screen saver
    v2.8 - Added support for pTunes Screen Blacking
    v2.8.1 - Volume keys now work if you have keyboard disabled in Phone/pTunes mode.
    v2.8.2 - Fixed crash if you selected "preview" but had no options selected in the Picture Mode
    v2.8.3 - Improved the UI in the Phone Screen Saver mode. Now choosing "graphic Screen saver" removes all other options.
    v2.8.4 - Fixed a 2 crashes. 1) Crash when entering the picture settings screen. 2) Crash when Treo 650 Album names were longer than 16 characters
    v2.8.5 - Further changes to enhance stability.
    v2.8.6 - skipped
    v2.8.7 - Fixed a brighness issue in the phone screensave
    v2.9 - Rearchitected the event processing. Now is more stable on the Treo 650
    - Added the option of detection of headsets (BlueTooth and wired). If option selected, phone screen saver will only engage if it sees a headset.
    - Fixed condition where phone screen saver would not engage.
    v2.9.1 - Fixed a crash when leaving preview mode.
    - Fixed a crash when using BT headset.
    v2.9.2 - Fixed a crash when you would clear the screen saver in phone mode.
    v2.9.3 - Skipped
    v2.9.4 - Fixed launch modes and improved image startup time for Treo 650's
    v2.9.5 - Fixed a condition where no screen savers would not engage.
    v2.9.6 - Fixed a crash when hanging up with BT headset button and screen saver was active.</p>
    - Fixed a condition where screen would not stay off when powered off with power button when option was enabled to keep screen turned on when plugged in. (Thanks to MarkY)
    v2.9.8 - Fixed a problem with application launching on Treo 650's
    v2.9.9 - Skipped
    v2.9.10 - Fixed a bug in the "go to sleep" code
    v2.9.11 - Another sleep fix
    v2.9.13 - Final fix for the sleep problem
    v2.9.14 - skipped
    v2.9.15 - Fixed a problem with execution of programs.
    v2.9.17 - Applied a fix so that volumn keys again work if you have keyboard disabled in phone screen saver mode.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 02/14/2005 at 04:15 PM.
    Jeff, quick question ---Does the black-out feature of ScreenCare truly "black-out" the screen? On my Treo 600 it seems to "gray-out" the screen with a slender white frame yet shinning along the borders. By way of comparision, how much battery life does this feature of ScreenCare save in comparison to TreoGuard's black-out feature, which blacks-out the entire screen? Any idea?

By the way, I just received a call,and the ScreenCare's black-out feature never kicked in. It is set to activate in 30-seconds but the Treo screen stayed on throughout the entire 5-minute conversation.
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/03/2004 at 06:21 PM.
    "This space intentionally left blank."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Jeff, quick question ---Does the black-out feature of ScreenCare truly "black-out" the screen? On my Treo 600 it seems to "gray-out" the screen with a slender white frame yet shinning along the borders. By way of comparision, how much battery life does this feature of ScreenCare save in comparison to TreoGuard's black-out feature, which blacks-out the entire screen? Any idea?

By the way, I just received a call,and the ScreenCare's black-out feature never kicked in. It is set to activate in 30-seconds but the Treo screen stayed on throughout the entire 5-minute conversation.
    Well the screen is still "on" but is turned to black. This will save battery but obviously not as much as actually turning off the screen. The trouble with turning off the screen is that you no longer have access to the volume controls or ability to contol speakerphone, etc.

As for not blanking out, I'll check into that. A couple of questions:

1) Were you by any chance touching the screen during the call? Any touch of the screen, keyboard or hard buttons will cause the timer to be reset. So it is possible that the screen never blanked out because its timer kept getting reset.

I just did a quick test and the feature is working on my phone.

2) You are using a Treo 600 right?

Thanks for reporting this situation and if there is a problem it will be fixed ASAP.

Jeff
    Well the screen is still "on" but is turned to black. This will save battery but obviously not as much as actually turning off the screen. The trouble with turning off the screen is that you no longer have access to the volume controls or ability to contol speakerphone, etc.

As for not blanking out, I'll check into that. A couple of questions:

1) Were you by any chance touching the screen during the call? Any touch of the screen, keyboard or hard buttons will cause the timer to be reset. So it is possible that the screen never blanked out because its timer kept getting reset.

NO, I DID NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN. BESIDES, AS I MENTIONED, IT WAS A 5-MIN CALL...SO IT WOULD HAVE RESET BY THEN. AGAIN, THIS WAS ON AN INCOMING CALL, NOT ME DIALING OUT. HAVE YOU CHECKED IT ON INCOMING CALLS?

I just did a quick test and the feature is working on my phone.

2) You are using a Treo 600 right?

CORRECT

Thanks for reporting this situation and if there is a problem it will be fixed ASAP.

THANK YOU, FOR YOUR TRUE GOOD WORK

Jeff
  5.    #5  

NO, I DID NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN. BESIDES, AS I MENTIONED, IT WAS A 5-MIN CALL...SO IT WOULD HAVE RESET BY THEN. AGAIN, THIS WAS ON AN INCOMING CALL, NOT ME DIALING OUT. HAVE YOU CHECKED IT ON INCOMING CALLS?
    Yes I did test it on both incoming and outgoing calls. Here is how the black out is implemented. You give it a timeout period that you set to 30 seconds. That means that SC will wait for 30 seconds before it blacks out the screen. This timer is reset if ANY action is peformed against the phone like tapping the screen, having it pressed against your face to hard while on the phone, or pressing any key (except for the volume keys). So that means that if at any time during that 30 second window one of these event happened, the timer would start over again at 30 seconds. Would it be possible for you to try this test to make sure the phone screen saver is working correctly: Call you cell phone from a land line. Let it set on a table or hold it in your hand and watch the screen to see if it blacks out after 30 or so seconds. Then place it next to your head just like you do when you talk on the phone and see if that clears the screen saver. It could be possible something is coming in contact with the screen as you are talking and continually resetting the timer.

THANK YOU, FOR YOUR TRUE GOOD WORK
    You are welcome and we will get this working for you!

Jeff
    Would it be possible for you to try this test to make sure the phone screen saver is working correctly: Call you cell phone from a land line. Let it set on a table or hold it in your hand and watch the screen to see if it blacks out after 30 or so seconds. Then place it next to your head just like you do when you talk on the phone and see if that clears the screen saver. It could be possible something is coming in contact with the screen as you are talking and continually resetting the timer.

JEFF, I LIVE IN A SPOT WHERE THERE IS NO CELL RECEPTION SO HAVE TO WAIT TILL I GET DOWN IN THE FLATS WITH ANOTHER PHONE. BUT WILL GIVE IT A GO AND LET YOU KNOW... AGAIN, THANKS!
  7.    #7  
    Would it be possible for you to try this test to make sure the phone screen saver is working correctly: Call you cell phone from a land line. Let it set on a table or hold it in your hand and watch the screen to see if it blacks out after 30 or so seconds. Then place it next to your head just like you do when you talk on the phone and see if that clears the screen saver. It could be possible something is coming in contact with the screen as you are talking and continually resetting the timer.

JEFF, I LIVE IN A SPOT WHERE THERE IS NO CELL RECEPTION SO HAVE TO WAIT TILL I GET DOWN IN THE FLATS WITH ANOTHER PHONE. BUT WILL GIVE IT A GO AND LET YOU KNOW... AGAIN, THANKS!
    Thanks you are great! I will be looking forward to your update.

BTW: Are you going to update your AV to show what you looked like tonight?
    Ah, that image is not me but a woman I know...
  9.    #9  
    Ah, that image is not me but a woman I know...
    Nice taste!
    Update...now when I try to turn phone on or off with ScreenCare on my Treo 600 crashes. Best to perhaps take the app off...
  11.    #11  
    Update...now when I try to turn phone on or off with ScreenCare on my Treo 600 crashes. Best to perhaps take the app off...
    Wow that is not normal. Sounds like you have some conflicts somewhere. I'd like to help you find the conflict.

Do you have SC in the "application" or "picture" mode? Does the crash happen in both modes?

When you turn off the Treo, does the graphic clear or does it just crash?

Are you nearly full on your memory?
    Wow that is not normal. Sounds like you have some conflicts somewhere. I'd like to help you find the conflict.

Do you have SC in the "application" or "picture" mode? Does the crash happen in both modes?

PICTURE MODE

THE SCREEN GOES BLACK AND THEN I HAVE TO POWER UP AGAIN. SO I GUESS THE PHONE IS NOT TRULY "CRASHING" IN THE CLASSIC SENSE, BUT TURNING OFF. (AS I MENTIONED IN THE PRIOR POST, I AM USING THE TREO 600'S TOP BUTTON TO SWITCH THE PHONE ON AND OFF.) ONCE I REMOVE ScreenCare, THIS PROBLEM GOES AWAY AND ALL IS WELL.

NOPE, HAVE ABOUT 1/2 A TANK OF MEMORY.

AGAIN, JEFF, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. LOVE THE APPLICATION, BUT NO FUN IF IT DOES NOT WORK
    I installed and my treo crashed while using the Pictures screensaver. Then once my treo rebooted, it went into a reset loop. Fortunately, I was able to be quick enough and remove the app before it crashed again and now all is well.

This app is exactly what I've been waiting for (especially the screen-off feature during a phone call). Other apps that offer that feature also offer other features that seem to always conflict on my treo. This would be the answer to all my problems. The app seems buggy but keep up the good work!
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
  14.    #14  

PICTURE MODE

THE SCREEN GOES BLACK AND THEN I HAVE TO POWER UP AGAIN. SO I GUESS THE PHONE IS NOT TRULY "CRASHING" IN THE CLASSIC SENSE, BUT TURNING OFF. (AS I MENTIONED IN THE PRIOR POST, I AM USING THE TREO 600'S TOP BUTTON TO SWITCH THE PHONE ON AND OFF.) ONCE I REMOVE ScreenCare, THIS PROBLEM GOES AWAY AND ALL IS WELL.

NOPE, HAVE ABOUT 1/2 A TANK OF MEMORY.

AGAIN, JEFF, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. LOVE THE APPLICATION, BUT NO FUN IF IT DOES NOT WORK
    OH I see! No Crash. Wow that's good news!

This is really a design issue. Why wouldn't you want your Treo to shutoff when you hit the power button? Or am I missing the root of your issue? I can certainly make it so that the power button will not shut off the Treo but is that what people really want?

EDIT: I now have a version that will not power off the Treo when you hit the power button when the screenSaver is active. Do you want this version?
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/05/2004 at 12:09 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    I installed and my treo crashed while using the Pictures screensaver. Then once my treo rebooted, it went into a reset loop. Fortunately, I was able to be quick enough and remove the app before it crashed again and now all is well.

This app is exactly what I've been waiting for (especially the screen-off feature during a phone call). Other apps that offer that feature also offer other features that seem to always conflict on my treo. This would be the answer to all my problems. The app seems buggy but keep up the good work!
    I am sorry to hear you are having this problem! What version of ScreenCare are you running right now?

As for the reset loop, I give the Treo 30 seconds to wake up before I enable any feature within the product. So this will give people time to react. You can always hold the UP navigation button during the boot to disable ALL programs from starting. This is the best way to turn off applications that are causing problems.

As for your issue now, I would really like ot better understand your configuration. I went through a lengthy Beta program with this tool just to make sure it was stable when it was released. As with any software there are situations and configurations that go untested. I will get this fixed if you are willing to help!

Questions:

1) What Treo aer you using? 270, 600, 650, etc....
    2) Where were you pulling your pictures from? Internal DB or SD Card?
    3) Where you using the Random display option?
    4) Where you rotaing the image?
    5) What scaling option was set?
    6) Where you fitting to screen?
    7) Do you display any images at all?
    8) Does "application" mode work?
    9) Do the bugs show up fine?

Thanks,

Jeff

This is really a design issue. Why wouldn't you want your Treo to shutoff when you hit the power button? Or am I missing the root of your issue? I can certainly make it so that the power button will not shut off the Treo but is that what people really want?

EDIT: I now have a version that will not power off the Treo when you hit the power button when the screenSaver is active. Do you want this version?

==========

Jeff. it is NOT the power button but the wireless button at the Treo 600's top that causes this erractic behavior. I want to turn the phone on or off. However, the screen goes black when I hit the phone on/off button on Treo's top and I have to turn the Treo on again and then turn ScreenCare off to be able to turn the phone on or off. If I do not do this, the screen will always go to black, the Treo turning off. Perhaps this is what the other post is also referring to. I want the phone button of my treo 600 to work as intended and not cause the Treo to turn off which it does when ScreenCare is running.
  17.    #17  

==========

Jeff. it is NOT the power button but the wireless button at the Treo 600's top that causes this erractic behavior. I want to turn the phone on or off. However, the screen goes black when I hit the phone on/off button on Treo's top and I have to turn the Treo on again and then turn ScreenCare off to be able to turn the phone on or off. If I do not do this, the screen will always go to black, the Treo turning off. Perhaps this is what the other post is also referring to. I want the phone button of my treo 600 to work as intended and not cause the Treo to turn off which it does when ScreenCare is running.
    This button actually has 2 functions on the Treo. A short press will turn the screen off on the Treo. A long press will turn on/off the radio. I never had anyone test this before. I now see what you are talking about. I am releasing v1.2.3 right now to address this issue.

Thanks for helping me understand!
    Jeff, again thanks for your diligence. Where can I get this new release to try it out?
  19.    #19  
    I am very sorry to that this problem found its way into production!!!!

I found a problem that could have been causing your problem. I'll bet you were going through your images sequentially (ie did not have random checked). Here is the link to the new version. PLease let me know if this correects the problem.

The new version is at the top of this Forum Post!
  20.    #20  
    Jeff, again thanks for your diligence. Where can I get this new release to try it out?
    At the top of this thread.

I run this business to satisfy customers! It is my goal to have 100% customer satisfaction! I'm not a throw it out there and forgetabout it developer.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast