Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh
    Version 2.9.5... and yes, I have... like i said, I did a hard reset on the phone, so that pretty much uninstalls everything. ;-) After the hard reset, I installed ONLY screencare, and I _STILL_ couldn't get it to work, so that should answer the "uninstall/reinstall" question and the "low memory" question, right?

Thanks again!

Chavous
    Sorry about the problem you are having! Are you running a 650 or a 600? I have seen a situation where if your phone is sleeping and wakes up because of a phone call, the screen saver will not engage. I will look into this situation. Got side tracked on a new developement effort.

Your situation is hopefully a simple one to fix. Have you tested to see if the basic function of screencare works? By this I mean see if the applicaiton, the picture or the pTunes sceeensaver will function? The code is all the same except for the detection of the phone event.

In the mean time I will start doing a code review but the above information will really help narrow my search.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Don't apologize! The fact that you are this responsive is GREAT and I sincerely appreciate it.

It is a 650. Even if the phone is wide awake, and I make a call from my land line to the phone, answer then wait... it won't engage.

The normal screen saver WILL engage if I turn them on, however I keep all of their settings unchecked.

(the rest of this was written about 10 mins AFTER the text above)
    OKAY I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!

If I have all of the settings underneath "Pictures" UNCHECKED, THE PHONE SCREEN SAVER WILL NOT ENGAGE. Looks like if I uncheck "internal picture" and "SD Card pictures" it shuts off the phone screen saver...

NOW... someone else may have already remarked about this, but if the caller on the other end hangs up while the SC phone screen saver is engaged and the call is currently on my BT headset, my phone locks up. If I can hang up before they do, it is fine, or if they hang up and I'm NOT on the headset, its fine... although the cell phone doesn't actually hang up until I double tap the screen to wake it up.

Any ideas?

Chavous
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh
    Don't apologize! The fact that you are this responsive is GREAT and I sincerely appreciate it.

It is a 650. Even if the phone is wide awake, and I make a call from my land line to the phone, answer then wait... it won't engage.

The normal screen saver WILL engage if I turn them on, however I keep all of their settings unchecked.

(the rest of this was written about 10 mins AFTER the text above)
    OKAY I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!

If I have all of the settings underneath "Pictures" UNCHECKED, THE PHONE SCREEN SAVER WILL NOT ENGAGE. Looks like if I uncheck "internal picture" and "SD Card pictures" it shuts off the phone screen saver...

NOW... someone else may have already remarked about this, but if the caller on the other end hangs up while the SC phone screen saver is engaged and the call is currently on my BT headset, my phone locks up. If I can hang up before they do, it is fine, or if they hang up and I'm NOT on the headset, its fine... although the cell phone doesn't actually hang up until I double tap the screen to wake it up.

Any ideas?

Chavous
    Thanks for the update. I will look into the configuration options.

As for the hangup behavior, I have seen this myself. I have tried everything I know to wake up the screensaver on a hangup but there is a bug inside the 650 that I just can't get around. The problem is that the 650 does not send the hangup notification if another background task is running. Only after the task has exited does the 650 send the hangup notification. Well the screensaver is running as a background task and blocks the hangup event from being sent. Without this notification, SC does not know that it should exit.

The 600 handles this properly of course! I will try to find other workarounds but I am hoping that P1 puts out a fix for all of the problems that are in the phone application.

Jeff
    Jeff,

SC looks like it will be a great little app. Thanks for lending your creative skills to the Palm community. I just discovered SC yesterday and downloaded an unregistered version of 2.9.5. Last night I noticed a problem on my 650 which I’ve been able to consistently reproduce. I’ve read this entire thread and have not seen mention of my issue.

With ‘Keep Screen On when Plugged In’ selected, and the 650 plugged in, the screen will flash every 10-seconds after the device has been turned off for 2-minutes. If I uncheck ‘Keep Screen On when Plugged In’, and leave all other settings as is, the 650 screen will not flash. Following are some items relating to my setup:

• Treo 650 with 9MB free memory;
    • Screen Modes ‘Pictures’ (SD card, Full Screen, Random, 10-seconds per pic);
    • Problem is reproducible if Screen Modes set to ‘Application’;
    • Delay Time 2-minutes;
    • Keep Screen On when Plugged In;
    • Phone Call Screen Saver (Headset Only, Disable Screen Touch, Double Tap to Stop ScreenSaver, Delay Time 10-seconds).

I have done a soft reset and uninstalled/reinstalled SC. The problem occurs whether or not I have any alerts or new mail notifications.

TIA for all your work!
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Jeff,

SC looks like it will be a great little app. Thanks for lending your creative skills to the Palm community. I just discovered SC yesterday and downloaded an unregistered version of 2.9.5. Last night I noticed a problem on my 650 which I’ve been able to consistently reproduce. I’ve read this entire thread and have not seen mention of my issue.

With ‘Keep Screen On when Plugged In’ selected, and the 650 plugged in, the screen will flash every 10-seconds after the device has been turned off for 2-minutes. If I uncheck ‘Keep Screen On when Plugged In’, and leave all other settings as is, the 650 screen will not flash. Following are some items relating to my setup:

• Treo 650 with 9MB free memory;
    • Screen Modes ‘Pictures’ (SD card, Full Screen, Random, 10-seconds per pic);
    • Problem is reproducible if Screen Modes set to ‘Application’;
    • Delay Time 2-minutes;
    • Keep Screen On when Plugged In;
    • Phone Call Screen Saver (Headset Only, Disable Screen Touch, Double Tap to Stop ScreenSaver, Delay Time 10-seconds).

I have done a soft reset and uninstalled/reinstalled SC. The problem occurs whether or not I have any alerts or new mail notifications.

TIA for all your work!
    Thanks for the heads up! I will check into it later tonight and see if I can find the problem. Will post a new update ASAP.
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Thanks for the heads up! I will check into it later tonight and see if I can find the problem. Will post a new update ASAP.
    Found the problem and posted a new build (v2.9.6) at the top of this thread.

Sorry you had to find this bug but I do apprecaite you taking the time to report it to me!

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff. Unfortunately v2.9.6 is exhibiting the same behavior . Since others have not complained about this in this thread, I'm wondering if it's just something with my 650 and/or a conflict with other software. I have Butler installed and thought that might have something to do with it. Alas, deleting Butler had no affect either.

FYI, I'm running the standard ROM and have SC in RAM (not running off my SD card).
  8.    #168  
    Thanks Jeff. Unfortunately v2.9.6 is exhibiting the same behavior . Since others have not complained about this in this thread, I'm wondering if it's just something with my 650 and/or a conflict with other software. I have Butler installed and thought that might have something to do with it. Alas, deleting Butler had no affect either.

FYI, I'm running the standard ROM and have SC in RAM (not running off my SD card).
    That is very odd. Maybe I fixed something different than what you are seeing.

This is what I understood from you:

If you enable "stay on" and plug in your 650 the screen stays on right? Then you manually turn off your 650 while it is still plugged in. After 2 minutes, your 650 will wake up for a while and then sleep again? Is that right or am I missing your point?

What is your global system timeout set to in the preferences application?

Jeff
  9.    #169  
    I would also be curious to know if you see the same behavior if you have CradleCare installed. It uses a similar screen management mechanism but it also gives you the ability to set a profile for on/off times each day.

Jeff
    That is very odd. Maybe I fixed something different than what you are seeing.

This is what I understood from you:

If you enable "stay on" and plug in your 650 the screen stays on right? Then you manually turn off your 650 while it is still plugged in. After 2 minutes, your 650 will wake up for a while and then sleep again? Is that right or am I missing your point?

What is your global system timeout set to in the preferences application?

Jeff
    You are pretty much correct in your understanding of my problem. In short, if I enable "stay on", whenever the 650 is plugged in the screen will flash after 2-minutes the first time and then once every 10-seconds. This coincides with the delay time (2 minutes) and picture change rate (10-seconds) I have set within SC. Keep in mind, I still get the flashing if I change the Screen Mode to Applications.

My global system timeout is set to 1-minute. If I change it to 2-or 3-miuntes I still get the flashing.

I'll checkout CradleCare and report back tomorrow. It's getting near the witching-hour for me .

Again, thanks for your diligence.
  11.    #171  
    You are pretty much correct in your understanding of my problem. In short, if I enable "stay on", whenever the 650 is plugged in the screen will flash after 2-minutes the first time and then once every 10-seconds. This coincides with the delay time (2 minutes) and picture change rate (10-seconds) I have set within SC. Keep in mind, I still get the flashing if I change the Screen Mode to Applications.

My global system timeout is set to 1-minute. If I change it to 2-or 3-miuntes I still get the flashing.

I'll checkout CradleCare and report back tomorrow. It's getting near the witching-hour for me .

Again, thanks for your diligence.
    MarkY - Any updates? I haven't heard back from you in a few weeks now.

Jeff
    Actually I haven't worked with the app since a day or so after my last post. I have since done a hard reset for an unrelated issue so I'm going to give ScreenCare another shot. Since no one else has mentioned the issue I am/was having, I assume the problem is specific to my 650. I'll follow-up over the weekend when I have some time to test. Thanks for reminding me about this.
  13.    #173  
    Actually I haven't worked with the app since a day or so after my last post. I have since done a hard reset for an unrelated issue so I'm going to give ScreenCare another shot. Since no one else has mentioned the issue I am/was having, I assume the problem is specific to my 650. I'll follow-up over the weekend when I have some time to test. Thanks for reminding me about this.
    Not a problem. I think I may have seen the same thing myself the other day and put this new build together. If you see the problem happen again load this version and see if it fixes the problem.

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Jeff,

I have ScreenCare 2.9.8 installed on my Treo 650. I have it set to the pictures screen mode. It is set to access pictures on my SD card, full screen, random and clock. I have a 10 second per picture delay set. The delay time for the screensaver is set to 5 minutes and the screen is set to stay on when plugged in.

The screen does stay on, but after 5 minutes the picture screen saver does not start. I can accomplish this manually by using the 'preview' function within the ScreenCare application and it looks great, all of the pictures appear perfect as does the clock. When the unit is in the telephone application with ScreenCare active, it does not seem to work.

I am using no other software to control my screen or power settings. Any clue as to what my problem may be?

James
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    UPDATE: I can get the pictures screensaver to work if I set the delay to 1 minute.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
  16.    #176  
    An important update was posted tonight. Build v2.9.10 corrects a problem where ScreenCare would sometimes not allow the Palm to go to sleep.

Jeff
    MarkY - Any updates? I haven't heard back from you in a few weeks now.

Jeff
    Jeff - I finally got a chance to get back to this tonight. After installing Build v2.9.10 (my first attempt since 2.9.6) I recieved a message that the trial period had ended. I deleted the app shortly after I posted the last problems I was having, but I guess the registration-timer-file-thing still keeps track. So I'm unable to comment at the moment. Is there a way to get another day or so on the trial? I didn't get a chance to try 2.9.9 before 2.9.10 came out, so I went straight to 2.9.10.
  18.    #178  
    Jeff - I finally got a chance to get back to this tonight. After installing Build v2.9.10 (my first attempt since 2.9.6) I recieved a message that the trial period had ended. I deleted the app shortly after I posted the last problems I was having, but I guess the registration-timer-file-thing still keeps track. So I'm unable to comment at the moment. Is there a way to get another day or so on the trial? I didn't get a chance to try 2.9.9 before 2.9.10 came out, so I went straight to 2.9.10.
    Send me an email at screencare@wideopenwest.com. I will then put together a special build for you and send it to your email account. Will that work for you?

Jeff
    Send me an email at screencare@wideopenwest.com. I will then put together a special build for you and send it to your email account. Will that work for you?

Jeff
    Sounds good! I just sent off the message.
    Quick question, does ScreenCare kick in even when the Treo is off? I had my treo off, pluged into the wall, sitting on my desk, and then after half-an-hour ScreenCare started. By the way, I do not have th box checked that provides for the Treo to stay on when plugged in. I do not want ScreenCare active all night while I am sleeping. No point. Also, there are periods when it just sits on my desk off, and I am away. Do not want the battery used up when not plugged in by ScreenCare kicking in. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by write1here; 02/05/2005 at 10:55 AM.
    "This space intentionally left blank."
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast