Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Yipe! Yipe! Yipe!

Answering any BT call with this version active results in a soft reset for me - with Phone being the crashed application. De-activated it and I'm back to normal. I had BTmute installed but deactivated as well.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Jeff, it's still taking 60 seconds to start the screen saver from an SD card directory with 85 jpgs. Also, after previewing the screen saver, double-tapping back to the ScreenCare screen and then hitting the menu key to go to Zlauncher, ScreenCare caused a reset: MemoryMgr.c, Line:3846, Invalid chunk ptr.

- Joe
    I'm on the reset issue.

As for the startup time. The only way to reduce the time is to limit the number of images. What would you think of a configuration option that allowed you to specify the maximum number of images to use for the screen saver?

Jeff
  3.    #143  
    Yipe! Yipe! Yipe!

Answering any BT call with this version active results in a soft reset for me - with Phone being the crashed application. De-activated it and I'm back to normal. I had BTmute installed but deactivated as well.
    How are you answering the phone? with the BT headset button or the touch screen on the phone. I can not reproduce this crash.
    Bluetooth: 3 different ways -

1. Open headset (Motorola 850 - this turns on the unit and answers the Treo)

2. With headset on, press the button

3. With headset on, answer the Treo and then hit the button to transfer to the headset.

I get maybe 5-10 secs into the call (probably depending on when the BT kicks in) and then it crashes.

ScreenCare: Hmm. That's tough. I'd almost urge you to check into that again because I do not see the same delay with SplashViewer on the same directory of images - and that also kicks off an MP3 with Ptunes! I suppose if push came to shove I'd rather be able to select the images then just choose a few - or maybe you can choose say 5 (or 3, or 10, depending) images - but have them be random each time so that the same first 5 images always play?

Worst case scenario: I'll copy my 5-10 favorites to another directory and let it loose there.

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  5.    #145  
    Bluetooth: 3 different ways -

1. Open headset (Motorola 850 - this turns on the unit and answers the Treo)

2. With headset on, press the button

3. With headset on, answer the Treo and then hit the button to transfer to the headset.

I get maybe 5-10 secs into the call (probably depending on when the BT kicks in) and then it crashes.

ScreenCare: Hmm. That's tough. I'd almost urge you to check into that again because I do not see the same delay with SplashViewer on the same directory of images - and that also kicks off an MP3 with Ptunes! I suppose if push came to shove I'd rather be able to select the images then just choose a few - or maybe you can choose say 5 (or 3, or 10, depending) images - but have them be random each time so that the same first 5 images always play?

Worst case scenario: I'll copy my 5-10 favorites to another directory and let it loose there.
    I think I have solved all of these problems now in v2.9.1. Can you retry? I will address the image loading issue next but first wanted to get this release stable first.

Jeff
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I think I have solved all of these problems now in v2.9.1. Can you retry? I will address the image loading issue next but first wanted to get this release stable first.

Jeff
    I think I have the best release yet for you to try! I have re-written the image selection routine. This release will use all images but should start up in less than 3 seconds. Can you test and see if that is the case with your large image store?

If this works and you can verify it for me, I will give you a Xmas preset today! A free ScreenCare reg key for all of you efforts helping me get this program just right!

Thanks,

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/23/2004 at 02:44 PM.
    Now there's an offer I can't refuse!

Didn't get to post it before... But 2.9.2 didn't clear/lock the screen with my BT headset at all - incoming or outgoing calls. I'll give this a shot now. BTW, I also tried it with different combinations of BTmute - on, off, disabled. No change.

...And now just looking at the first post in this thread, 2.9.2 seems to be the latest version. No change in the picture startup time in 2.9.2.

9.    #149  
    ...And now just looking at the first post in this thread, 2.9.2 seems to be the latest version. No change in the picture startup time in 2.9.2.
    Sorry about that! I found a last minute bug and pulled the build after I made the post. I corrected it and now you should see v2.9.3 a few posts above this one.
    Noted, downloaded, and will be tested forthwith!

11.    #151  
    Noted, downloaded, and will be tested forthwith!
    Here is a new build. Found and fixed the problem where immediately following a soft reset, ScreenCare would crash if you did not manually execute the program before the first timeout period expired.

I am very hopefull that v2.9.4 is a keeper!!

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I was just about to leave, too!

Haven't tested BT yet, but 2.9.3 is a MAJOR improvement in the image processing department. From ~60 seconds, we are now down to 6. An order of magnitude, dude!

I'll be heading out and will test BT on the road.

- Joe

13.    #153  
    I was just about to leave, too!

Haven't tested BT yet, but 2.9.3 is a MAJOR improvement in the image processing department. From ~60 seconds, we are now down to 6. An order of magnitude, dude!

I'll be heading out and will test BT on the road.

- Joe
    Very nice! Send me your HotSync ID to screencare@wideopenwest.com

Have a good holiday. I'm offline for a couple of days now!

Jeff
    Jeff,

Seems like ScreenCare persists in setting my LCD brightness to zero on incoming calls that are answered with the BT headset. I have v2.9.4 installed.

- Joe

OK, I just realized that you snuck 2.9.5 out and I missed it. I'll try with that version.

16.    #156  
    Jeff,

Seems like ScreenCare persists in setting my LCD brightness to zero on incoming calls that are answered with the BT headset. I have v2.9.4 installed.

- Joe
    It is supposed to do this if you have the phone screen saver mode enabled.

Maybe I am missing something. Can you give me more details?

Jeff
    Jeff,

I hate to say it, but I'm still having issues with screencare. All I really care about is the screen saver for the phone app, and it won't go into that at all. I've updated to the newest version, hard reset my palm, everything. Do you have that debug build you mentioned some time ago? THanks!

Chavous
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh
    Jeff,

I hate to say it, but I'm still having issues with screencare. All I really care about is the screen saver for the phone app, and it won't go into that at all. I've updated to the newest version, hard reset my palm, everything. Do you have that debug build you mentioned some time ago? THanks!

Chavous
    What version are you currently running? I also found tonight that if you are running low on memory that calls to get saved data fails and thus causes wier behavior with applications. Are you by any chance running low on memory?

Beyond the above, have you tried completely deleting SC and reinstalling it?

All that said, I would be glad to send you a debug release but I would like to try to pinpoint an area first.
    Jeff, you might have fixed it - it hasn't happened (yet) with .5. Either that, or it's not ScreenCare, but I wouldn't lay odds on that.

The symptom: After a call is concluded, the screen is and remains dark. Push the HOME button - it's dark. Look at it in direct sunlight - it's the launcher, allright, but the brightness is down to zero, so it appears that it's off when viewed in normal light. I've soft reset the phone several times 'cause it looked off and locked up. To restore it, I have to raise the brightness manually.

Version 2.9.5... and yes, I have... like i said, I did a hard reset on the phone, so that pretty much uninstalls everything. ;-) After the hard reset, I installed ONLY screencare, and I _STILL_ couldn't get it to work, so that should answer the "uninstall/reinstall" question and the "low memory" question, right?

Thanks again!

Chavous
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast