Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    have posted fixes for ScreenCare not going Black on the phone screensaver. I have also "tuned" up the double tap timing. See version 2.4 at the top of the thread.

I also fixed a problem that if you were in a phone call and you got another call, ScreenCare would not come out of its screen saving mode for you to see the call waiting screen. This is now fixed too.

JEFF, THE VERSION OF SCREENCARE I HAVE IS 2.4 AND THIS VERSION HAD THE PROBLEMS I WROTE OF PREVIOUSLY. IS THIS VERSION 2.5 PERHAPS, SINCE 2.4 SI THE VERSION I USED TO DAY WITH THE PROBLEMS MENTIONED.
    "This space intentionally left blank."
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    have posted fixes for ScreenCare not going Black on the phone screensaver. I have also "tuned" up the double tap timing. See version 2.4 at the top of the thread.

I also fixed a problem that if you were in a phone call and you got another call, ScreenCare would not come out of its screen saving mode for you to see the call waiting screen. This is now fixed too.

JEFF, THE VERSION OF SCREENCARE I HAVE IS 2.4 AND THIS VERSION HAD THE PROBLEMS I WROTE OF PREVIOUSLY. IS THIS VERSION 2.5 PERHAPS, SINCE 2.4 SI THE VERSION I USED TO DAY WITH THE PROBLEMS MENTIONED.
    Sorry for the confusion. I never officially released 2.4 so I kept the same number. I need some sleep! But any way this IS a new build with all of the fixes to the problems we discussed.
    Thanks...get some sleep. Perfection requires fresh perceptions
  4.    #124  
    Thanks...get some sleep. Perfection requires fresh perceptions
    Thanks I needed the sleep especially because I blew the v2.4 release. It only went into screensaver mode for the 650! v2.5 will work for both platorms now.

v2.5 posted in the normal place.....
  5.    #125  
    I am very sorry about all of the releases.

I would like for Write1here, splufdaddy, and blockburner2700 to send me their HotSync ID's because you 3 get free reg keys for all of your efforts to help me get this program working like it should!

Jeff
    Jeff,

I get a crash after looking at Preview when in Picture mode. I go into Screencare, select preview, view the image and then tap screen to get back to Screencare. I hit 'home' to return to Zlauncher and get the following error:

"Crash was caused by error "MemoryMgr.c Line:3760, Invalid chunk ptr"

I am able to succesfully switch back to Zlauncher if I just go into Screencare and never select previw.

ymmij
  7.    #127  
    There was a preview bug that I corrected a few builds ago. Can you try the new v2.8.3 that I just posted. I am pretty sure it will solve your crash.

Will you let me know after you try it?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    There was a preview bug that I corrected a few builds ago. Can you try the new v2.8.3 that I just posted. I am pretty sure it will solve your crash.

Will you let me know after you try it?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Just tried 2.8.3 and sorry to say I recieved that same result.

ymmij
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by ymmij
    Just tried 2.8.3 and sorry to say I recieved that same result.

ymmij
    Are you using a 600 or a 650?

Which image location are you previewing images from?

What options do you have selected in your "picture" screen?

I will get this fixed. Thanks for reporting your findings!

Jeff
    Are you using a 600 or a 650?

Which image location are you previewing images from?

What options do you have selected in your "picture" screen?

I will get this fixed. Thanks for reporting your findings!

Jeff
    I am viewing jpegs from /Palm/Programs/SplashPhoto on my SD card.

The Palm is a 600 and the options checked are:

Keep Aspect Ratio
    Random
    Clock
    45 Seconds per picture

The delay time on the main menu is 1 minute, and the phone saver and ptunes savers are not checked.

Hope this helps.

ymmij
  11.    #131  
    I am viewing jpegs from /Palm/Programs/SplashPhoto on my SD card.

The Palm is a 600 and the options checked are:

Keep Aspect Ratio
    Random
    Clock
    45 Seconds per picture

The delay time on the main menu is 1 minute, and the phone saver and ptunes savers are not checked.

Hope this helps.

ymmij
    That's perfect. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me this information! I will work on this tomorrow AM and get you a new build ASAP.

Thanks again,

Jeff
    That's perfect. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me this information! I will work on this tomorrow AM and get you a new build ASAP.

Thanks again,

Jeff
    Jeff...don't know if it makes any difference, but this is also still an unregisted copy.

ymmij
  13.    #133  
    Jeff...don't know if it makes any difference, but this is also still an unregisted copy.

ymmij
    That shoud make no difference.

I have tried your scenario and can not reproduce the problem. There is obviously something in my setup that is different than yours.

Lets start here:

Where did your images come from?
    Are they JPEG?
    Can you send me a couple images to try? Maybe its an image related problem.
    What kind of 600 do you have? CDMA or GSM
    This only happens when you preview? Does not happen if you clear the "real" screen saver and go to Zlauncher?
    What version of Zlauncher are you using?

Wow a lot of questions.....Sorry

Jeff
  14.    #134  
    I found the problem and have posted v2.8.4 to: ScreenCare

Problem was that I limited the size of an Album name to 16 characters but the OS allows for 255! I am betting that you have album names greater than 16 charaters.
    Jeff, am heading out of town for a while. But wanted to let you know that the latest version of SC crashes my Treo 600 when I hit preview. This happens every time so have gone gack to 2.5
  16.    #136  
    Jeff, am heading out of town for a while. But wanted to let you know that the latest version of SC crashes my Treo 600 when I hit preview. This happens every time so have gone gack to 2.5
    I have fixed that problem. Found it myself just today. Fixed in v2.8.4.

Jeff
  17.    #137  
    Ok, just tried it...and here is my question. ScreenCare does not seem to turn the screen off again once you have manually turned it on while on a call. My understanding is that the application ought to turn off the screen after the set time you have designated. In other words, if this is 15-secs, the screeen will go blank after that time. However, if you manually turn on the screen and then wait, after 15 seconds (in this case since that is what I have set it to) the application should turn the screen off agaian. However, this did not happen. I tried several times, waited more than 15 secons each time, and ScreenCare never turned the screen off again.

So, simply put, my quesiton is this: If you are on a call and manually turn the Treo screen back on. is that it? Will ScreenCare no longer blank out the screen again no matter how long you wait?
    Very odd. I can not reproduce this behavior. I am try with v2.8.5 though. There were quite a few things I changed in the last few releases. I introduced a few new bugs when I made the port to the Treo 650. Still trying to work most of them out of the system. I think we are pretty much there now.

Jeff
  18.    #138  
    Very odd. I can not reproduce this behavior. I am try with v2.8.5 though. There were quite a few things I changed in the last few releases. I introduced a few new bugs when I made the port to the Treo 650. Still trying to work most of them out of the system. I think we are pretty much there now.

Jeff
    I am not sure yet, but there is 1 time for sure and maybe a second when the screensaver will not automatically engage:

1) After you install the program you MUST execute it before it will operate. This is even true if you install a new copy over the top of an old copy.

2) After a crash, you may have to manually execute ScreenCare for it to fully recognize all of the notifications it needs to listen to. I have not yet confirmed this but am looking into it. Would appreciate it if you could watch for this second situation.

Jeff
  19.    #139  
    I just posted a new version of ScreenCare today. v2.9

Changes:

1) Fixed condition where phone screen saver would not engage all the time.
    2) Added ability to only have the phone screen saver engage if you have a headset connected to the phone. Can be either a BlueTooth headset or a wired headset.
    3) Rewrote the event processing code to make SC more stable on the Treo 650.

Jeff
    Jeff, it's still taking 60 seconds to start the screen saver from an SD card directory with 85 jpgs. Also, after previewing the screen saver, double-tapping back to the ScreenCare screen and then hitting the menu key to go to Zlauncher, ScreenCare caused a reset: MemoryMgr.c, Line:3846, Invalid chunk ptr.

- Joe
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast