Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    This only happens when I'm on a call. If the screen saver turns on from inactivity, my pictures display correctly. All I'm using in screen care, do I need something else?
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by splufdaddy
    This only happens when I'm on a call. If the screen saver turns on from inactivity, my pictures display correctly. All I'm using in screen care, do I need something else?
    No that works just fine. I was just wondering. I'll work on the phone screen saver issue later this afternoon and send you some test builds to try.
  3.    #103  
    Do you have unread voicemails or SMS messages? Or is your voicemail icon turned on on your phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Jeff, seems like SC is a tough one to get to work right. Take one step forward and then the proverbial two back. I'm thinking of deleting it since it is so quirky and unreliable at this point. I know you are working full-gear to make it happen, however, at this stage, SC's trouble side is clearly out-tipping its advantages.
    It seems like I had the most problems with the program at first but now it seems to work nearly-flawless for me. The only problem I have is the "category" issue. Does version 2.0 fix this issue? I am pretty content with pulling the pics from the "all" category or off of my SD card and don't want to upgrade if I don't have to. There have been times when I had a program that had one simple problem and upgraded to fix that problem and the upgrade ended up fixing that problem but created alot more others.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this program!
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Do you have unread voicemails or SMS messages? Or is your voicemail icon turned on on your phone?
    If you wouldn't mind, can you try each of these builds and tell me if any fixes your situation?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    It seems like I had the most problems with the program at first but now it seems to work nearly-flawless for me. The only problem I have is the "category" issue. Does version 2.0 fix this issue? I am pretty content with pulling the pics from the "all" category or off of my SD card and don't want to upgrade if I don't have to. There have been times when I had a program that had one simple problem and upgraded to fix that problem and the upgrade ended up fixing that problem but created alot more others.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this program!
    Completely up to you but I did make some changes to the Category code. I found some places (getting technical here) where I was not masking data conversions from one variable type to another correctly. I'm fairly sure that was the cause of your category issues.
    That all makes perfect sense. As long as the scren-black feature is active, NO application will be able to see screen touches as long as the screen is actually blacked out. As soon as the screen is woken up, the screen should once again be "active". Now if you are finding that this is causing a problem, I could add an option do say do a double tap to wake up the screen. Thoughts?

+++++++++++

JEFF, HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO TEST 2.0 YET, BUT JUST TO CLARRIFY ... WHAT MY PRIOR POST OUGHT TO HAVE SAID MORE CLEARLY WAS THAT EVEN WHEN THE SCREEN OF MY TREO 600 WAS WOKEN UP FROM SC, THERE WERE PROBLEMS WITH GETTING THE SCREEN TO REPSOND TO OTHER APPLICATIONS. AND MY SENSE WAS THIS WAS RELATED TO SC. WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH 2.0

LET ME ADD, I LIKE YOUR IDEA OF THE DOUBLE-TAP OPTION TO WAKE-UP THE SCREEN -- A QUICK, EFFECTIVE WAY THAT BYPASSES ANY BUTTONS. CAN YOU BUILT THIS INTO SC?
    "This space intentionally left blank."
  8.    #108  
    JEFF, HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO TEST 2.0 YET, BUT JUST TO CLARRIFY ... WHAT MY PRIOR POST OUGHT TO HAVE SAID MORE CLEARLY WAS THAT EVEN WHEN THE SCREEN OF MY TREO 600 WAS WOKEN UP FROM SC, THERE WERE PROBLEMS WITH GETTING THE SCREEN TO REPSOND TO OTHER APPLICATIONS. AND MY SENSE WAS THIS WAS RELATED TO SC. WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH 2.0
    I would be extremely surprised if SC had anything to do with that senario. As I am not doing anything to change the bahavior of the screen outside of trapping the pen activity during screen saving events while you are on the phone. Outside of that specific condition, I don't mess with the pen activity.

Have you noticed if this only happens after a screen saver screen has cleared and you are doing the very first actions to the screen after the application reappeared?

LET ME ADD, I LIKE YOUR IDEA OF THE DOUBLE-TAP OPTION TO WAKE-UP THE SCREEN -- A QUICK, EFFECTIVE WAY THAT BYPASSES ANY BUTTONS. CAN YOU BUILT THIS INTO SC?
    Sure I will add this feature to the next release. I really only see this being necessary for the phone screen saver right?
    Sorry for the delay Jeff, I'll try each of those later tonight or tomorrow and get back to you. For the record I don't have any unread SMS or voice mails, and I think the voicemail icon is turned on.
  10.    #110  
    Sorry for the delay Jeff, I'll try each of those later tonight or tomorrow and get back to you. For the record I don't have any unread SMS or voice mails, and I think the voicemail icon is turned on.
    Sounds good - thanks. I'll bet that the ScreenCare no EvtIndication.prc will be the one that works. But that's only a guess.
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I would be extremely surprised if SC had anything to do with that senario. As I am not doing anything to change the bahavior of the screen outside of trapping the pen activity during screen saving events while you are on the phone. Outside of that specific condition, I don't mess with the pen activity.

Have you noticed if this only happens after a screen saver screen has cleared and you are doing the very first actions to the screen after the application reappeared?

Sure I will add this feature to the next release. I really only see this being necessary for the phone screen saver right?
    I have to retract what I said in this post. I am blocking screen touches in all screensavers. I blew it when I put this phone feature in and forgot to limit it to only the phone screensaver. A new release will be posted very soon to correct this. In the mean time just be aware that if you check the disable screen touch in the phone settings, it will be in effect for all screesaver routines.

Jeff
  12.    #112  
    I just posted a new version of ScreenCare that now has support for double tap in the phone screen saver mode. It also corrects the issue where screen taps were ignored in all screen saver modes if you had the screen disabled in phone mode.

Jeff
    I have to retract what I said in this post. I am blocking screen touches in all screensavers. I blew it when I put this phone feature in and forgot to limit it to only the phone screensaver. A new release will be posted very soon to correct this. In the mean time just be aware that if you check the disable screen touch in the phone settings, it will be in effect for all screesaver routines.

Jeff

==============

JEFF, THANKS FOR FIXING THIS. MEANS MUCH.

AND, YES, I AGREE WITH YOU, THE "DOUBLE-TAP" SHOULD BE BUILT INTO SC JUST IN THE PHONE SCREENSAVER ROUTINE. THANKS AGAIN...
  14.    #114  
    Any updates from Spufdaddy or Write1Here? I was hoping to here that all is well with each of you now.

Also a point release of ScreenCare was released today that takes care of a small bug I found last night. V2.3 is available at the top of this thread.

Jeff
    Sorry for the delay jeff, I've been busier than a one legged man in an *** kicking contest.

I'm off to South Carolina tomorrow for a few days, so I may not get to test these new versions until the weekend. I apoligize for the delay, I know you've been working hard on this. I promise I'll test these out as soon as life allows! Thanks again.
    Jeff, ditto for me. Am getting ready to head to Europe. Will try and see how things are today and send back full report. Again, thanks for putting in time and effort. Truly, good work shows...
  17.    #117  
    Thanks guys!
    Jeff, quick obeservation. When SC's blank-out screen feature now kicks in on my Treo 600 during a call, the screen is more nearly a bright silvery hue. My sense it that this new generation of SC (I am using 2.4) does not blank out enough light. As things now stand, the screen is pretty shiny and luminous. I also noticed that if I have TreoGuard also set to run, when TreoGuard kicks it it turns the screen on (rather than totally blanking it out) and SC starts counting again. Some info for you.... Also now that I think of it. I tapped the screen twice but it did not tuirn it on, even though I have SC set for that...
  19.    #119  
    Jeff, quick obeservation. When SC's blank-out screen feature now kicks in on my Treo 600 during a call, the screen is more nearly a bright silvery hue. My sense it that this new generation of SC (I am using 2.4) does not blank out enough light. As things now stand, the screen is pretty shiny and luminous. I also noticed that if I have TreoGuard also set to run, when TreoGuard kicks it it turns the screen on (rather than totally blanking it out) and SC starts counting again. Some info for you.... Also now that I think of it. I tapped the screen twice but it did not tuirn it on, even though I have SC set for that...
    Well the double tap is a timing thing. I set it so that 2 taps in less than a 1/3 of a second will wake it up. I think this will be something that just needs played with until you find the right tap rate. If people really like the option, I will put in a slider to adjust the tap rate. I will also adjust the screen blacking to give it a blacker look. I agree it looks silvery now. I'll put out a build tonight.
  20.    #120  
    I have posted fixes for ScreenCare not going Black on the phone screensaver. I have also "tuned" up the double tap timing. See version 2.4 at the top of the thread.

I also fixed a problem that if you were in a phone call and you got another call, ScreenCare would not come out of its screen saving mode for you to see the call waiting screen. This is now fixed too.