Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    I found 1.2.6 available from another site and I installed that over 1.2.11. It flashes less, but it still flashes. The screen is black most of the time, but every few seconds it will show the regular screen again. I have about 2/3 memory available, FYI.
    Jeff, seems like SC is a tough one to get to work right. Take one step forward and then the proverbial two back. I'm thinking of deleting it since it is so quirky and unreliable at this point. I know you are working full-gear to make it happen, however, at this stage, SC's trouble side is clearly out-tipping its advantages.
    "This space intentionally left blank."
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by splufdaddy
    The preview sucessfully works, but when I'm on a call it flashes. Would an upgrade or downgrade help? Is there a newer version publicly available? Great program, I'll test what I can to help.
    Wow I don't know. I have not seen the flash. Is it a full bright to full dim flash like a stobe light(ie. its black and then you see the bright phone app then it goes black, then phone app, etc.....? Or is it just a little flicker?

Lets see what happens when I release the new 650 version later this weekend. Have it 90% working right now. Just a few cleanup items. Also made some changes for the 600. Is that OK with you or would you like a quick build now?
    That's fine with me, I can wait for a build. The flash is a full flash from total black to a clear view of the phone app. It's not as fast as a strobe light, it's 3-4 seconds of black then a second or so of the phone app. Sorry to be a pain, good lucK!
  5.    #85  
    That's fine with me, I can wait for a build. The flash is a full flash from total black to a clear view of the phone app. It's not as fast as a strobe light, it's 3-4 seconds of black then a second or so of the phone app. Sorry to be a pain, good lucK!
    Do you think this is the screensaver being cleared and then restarting again after the timeout period? Or is it black then goes to phone app and then back to black very quickly again? What do you have your timeout value set to?
    Jeff, I think SC is causing my Treo 600 not to be able to hang up when a call is made or comes in. A word of caution to potential users out there reading this thread...
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Jeff, I think SC is causing my Treo 600 not to be able to hang up when a call is made or comes in. A word of caution to potential users out there reading this thread...
    Do you have the touch screen disabled in the settings menu of SC? Because if you do have it disabled then you will need to use the 5 way or the keypad to bring the phone out of screensaver mode.

How are you trying to hang up the call? 5way, keypad, touchscreen?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Do you think this is the screensaver being cleared and then restarting again after the timeout period? Or is it black then goes to phone app and then back to black very quickly again? What do you have your timeout value set to?
    It seems that the screen saver is being cleared and restarting, but I'm not sure why. Where is the timeout period setting? I set the screensaver to turn on 5 seconds into a phone call, and pictures to last for 30 seconds. When I make a call the flashing happens right off the bat, flashing black for a few seconds, then showing the phone app for a few seconds.
  9.    #89  
    It seems that the screen saver is being cleared and restarting, but I'm not sure why. Where is the timeout period setting? I set the screensaver to turn on 5 seconds into a phone call, and pictures to last for 30 seconds. When I make a call the flashing happens right off the bat, flashing black for a few seconds, then showing the phone app for a few seconds.
    Now it is clearer. Thanks. Is it possible that you are touching the screen with your finger/face/ear/etc... during the call? Any touch of the screen, key, 5way, power button, etc will clear the screensaver and the timeout (in your case 5 seconds) will begin again. There is an option to disable screen touch in the settings menu of ScreenCare. This might help with this behavior. If something different is happening, let me know and we will get to the bottom of the reason.
    Nope, this isn't it. When testing, I make a phone call and look at the screen. I have disabled the screen touch setting, to no avail.
  11.    #91  
    Nope, this isn't it. When testing, I make a phone call and look at the screen. I have disabled the screen touch setting, to no avail.
    I will be releasing a new version this weekend. Lets wait and give the new version a try before we dig in to deep. Is that OK? BTW: are you using a Treo 600 or 650?
    Do you have the touch screen disabled in the settings menu of SC? Because if you do have it disabled then you will need to use the 5 way or the keypad to bring the phone out of screensaver mode.

How are you trying to hang up the call? 5way, keypad, touchscreen?

Jeff

YEP, HAVE THE TOUCHSCREEN DISABLED...BUT IN PAST SC VERSIONS I THOUGHT I COULD STILL USE THE ON-SCREEN HANGUP TO KILL A CALL. WILL SEE IF THE FIVE-WAY WORKS OR KEY PAD.
    FYI Jeff, I'm using a 600.
  14.    #94  
    The Treo 650 is now completely supported by ScreenCare. Please grab the new release at the top of this thread. Version 2.0 is intended for all palm releases and contains several fixes that pertain to all palm releases.
  15.    #95  
    FYI Jeff, I'm using a 600.
    Thanks. I would like everyone to give v2.0 a try and see if these problems we have been talking about are solved in this release.

Jeff
  16.    #96  
    Jeff, seems like SC is a tough one to get to work right. Take one step forward and then the proverbial two back. I'm thinking of deleting it since it is so quirky and unreliable at this point. I know you are working full-gear to make it happen, however, at this stage, SC's trouble side is clearly out-tipping its advantages.
    I am sorry we are taking a few iterations to get everything to work just they way it should. I spent a great deal of time on the v2.0 release and feel very good about it solving the outstanding issues that everyone was having.
    Jeff, one of the issues I may be having (and I stress "may be") on my Treo 600 is that when SC's screentouch feature is turned off in concert with the blackout-phone- screen, I cannot turn off the phone using on-screen commands (though this makes sense since the screen is made invalid). However, there ALSO seems to be trouble with other applications that use a screentouch command to work. I will give v2.0 a shot and see what happens. Before closing, let me add that thougth it often goes unspoken...your persistance and determination to get things right is well appreciated by all of us.
  18.    #98  
    Jeff, one of the issues I may be having (and I stress "may be") on my Treo 600 is that when SC's screentouch feature is turned off in concert with the blackout-phone- screen, I cannot turn off the phone using on-screen commands (though this makes sense since the screen is made invalid). However, there ALSO seems to be trouble with other applications that use a screentouch command to work. I will give v2.0 a shot and see what happens. Before closing, let me add that thougth it often goes unspoken...your persistance and determination to get things right is well appreciated by all of us.
    That all makes perfect sense. As long as the scren-black feature is active, NO application will be able to see screen touches as long as the screen is actually blacked out. As soon as the screen is woken up, the screen should once again be "active". Now if you are finding that this is causing a problem, I could add an option do say do a double tap to wake up the screen. Thoughts?
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Jeff, but the screen flashing problem still exists for me. One odd difference in v2.0 is that now the screen doesn't turn black, it turns gray. Regardless of whether the screen is turning black (gray) or displaying pictures, the screen saver still turns off after a few seconds and then turns back on. Sorry to disappoint, but your persistence is appreciated.
  20.    #100  
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Jeff, but the screen flashing problem still exists for me. One odd difference in v2.0 is that now the screen doesn't turn black, it turns gray. Regardless of whether the screen is turning black (gray) or displaying pictures, the screen saver still turns off after a few seconds and then turns back on. Sorry to disappoint, but your persistence is appreciated.
    Does this only happen when you are in the phone screen saver mode or in ANY screen saver mode? What utility are you using to keep the screen turned on? ScreenCare, CradleCare or something else?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast