Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    Quick Note.....
    In regards to ScreenIcon crashing, when I bring up the System Error Log, it tells me "A reset was caused..........while running ScreenIcon. MemoryMgr.c, Line:3635, NULL handle

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the information. BTW: how many images do you have in the /ScreenCare directory? I am also assuming that this directory is in the BASE of the SD Card right? Not under some subdirectory.
    Some new news:
    I figured out what was going on. I told you I created a folder in the base directory called /ScreenCare and placed an image in the folder and renamed it ScreenCare.jpg, right? Well, that was the only image in the folder and that's what was causing ScreenIcon to crash when I tried to open it. The reason I know this is because when I deleted that image and put a new image in the folder (unrenamed), ScreenIcon opened up fine. At that point, ScreenIcon gives me the option to select the image (or "icon name") and creates a duplicate image with the new name "ScreenCare.jpg". One thing else I noticed is ScreenIcon will open up fine as long as there is at least one image NOT named ScreenCare.jpg, even if ScreenCare.jpg DOES exist in the folder. Following me? Weird thing is, if there are multiple images in the folder and you select the image named ScreenCare.jpg from ScreenIcon, the treo will crash and turn the image ScreenCare.jpg into a zero byte file. So in summary, you were right. Creating the folder and renaming the image is exactly the same thing ScreenIcon does. It just seems if you try to duplicate ScreenIcon's work, it doesn't like it and crashes. Now for problem 2.............

Now that I got ScreenIcon working, I went into ScreenCare to test it out. Guess what it did when I hit preview................IT CRASHED............not that I'm surprised, lol. So, when I go to the System Error Log, I find the error "A reset was caused............while running "ScreenCare". Emul68KMain.c, Line:108, divide by zero at address 115F4508". I'm not sure if that helps at all but its progress. At least now I now what ScreenIcon looks like and how it works. Now if we could just get the Custom Icon feature working which was the whole reason for fixing ScreenIcon............

Thanks a bunch for all your support! Its very much appreciated.
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Thanks for the information. BTW: how many images do you have in the /ScreenCare directory? I am also assuming that this directory is in the BASE of the SD Card right? Not under some subdirectory.
    I only have one image in the /ScreenCare directory.
    Yes the directory is in the base of the SD Card.

Thanks.........

Quick Note: Would you be able to email me updated versions of your program. I don't want you to stop posting them in the forum. I just find that for some reason, I am unable to download the prc's from the forum through blazer. If you can do that, thanks alot. My email is shannonatkinson@sprintpcs.com. Thanks again!
    Last edited by blockburner2700; 12/08/2004 at 12:15 PM.
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
  4.    #64  
    Some new news:
    I figured out what was going on. I told you I created a folder in the base directory called /ScreenCare and placed an image in the folder and renamed it ScreenCare.jpg, right? Well, that was the only image in the folder and that's what was causing ScreenIcon to crash when I tried to open it. The reason I know this is because when I deleted that image and put a new image in the folder (unrenamed), ScreenIcon opened up fine. At that point, ScreenIcon gives me the option to select the image (or "icon name") and creates a duplicate image with the new name "ScreenCare.jpg". One thing else I noticed is ScreenIcon will open up fine as long as there is at least one image NOT named ScreenCare.jpg, even if ScreenCare.jpg DOES exist in the folder. Following me? Weird thing is, if there are multiple images in the folder and you select the image named ScreenCare.jpg from ScreenIcon, the treo will crash and turn the image ScreenCare.jpg into a zero byte file. So in summary, you were right. Creating the folder and renaming the image is exactly the same thing ScreenIcon does. It just seems if you try to duplicate ScreenIcon's work, it doesn't like it and crashes. Now for problem 2.............

Now that I got ScreenIcon working, I went into ScreenCare to test it out. Guess what it did when I hit preview................IT CRASHED............not that I'm surprised, lol. So, when I go to the System Error Log, I find the error "A reset was caused............while running "ScreenCare". Emul68KMain.c, Line:108, divide by zero at address 115F4508". I'm not sure if that helps at all but its progress. At least now I now what ScreenIcon looks like and how it works. Now if we could just get the Custom Icon feature working which was the whole reason for fixing ScreenIcon............

Thanks a bunch for all your support! Its very much appreciated.
    Does the Screencare.jpg file contain a valid icon image? Just curious how big the image is in terms of HxW. Is it s full screen image or an icon?
    Its a full screen image, about 9k in size.
  6.    #66  
    A new version of ScreenIcon has been posted that takes care of all of the problems you found!

Thanks for the problem report!
  7.    #67  
    Its a full screen image, about 9k in size.
    That is probably the problem. It needs to be an image about he size of 20x20 not 160x160. I have posted some in the ScreenIcon thread. Give a couple of those a try and see if it works better.
    Jeff,
    You Are Da Man! I downloaded version 1.2.10 for ScreenCare and 1.1 for ScreenIcon and the custom icon feature is working beautifully. Now back to the original problem...........

I am still only able to pull images from certain categories in the internal DB. Sorry if I'm being a pest about a minor problem. I'm not trying to rush you or anything. I just wanted you to be aware that the problem is still present.

I've said it time & time again..............thanks for the excellent work and superior support!

Quick Question: Is it just me or is the "turn-the-screen-off-during-a-call" feature gone from ScreenCare 1.2.10? I have this version and I don't see the option. I hope its not gone for that was the main reason this program is so great.
  9.    #69  
    Jeff,
    You Are Da Man! I downloaded version 1.2.10 for ScreenCare and 1.1 for ScreenIcon and the custom icon feature is working beautifully. Now back to the original problem...........
    Well we are making headway!!

I am still only able to pull images from certain categories in the internal DB. Sorry if I'm being a pest about a minor problem. I'm not trying to rush you or anything. I just wanted you to be aware that the problem is still present.
    Is ther any pattern to the ones that it won't display? Like the number of entries in the category, Is it the same category all the time, do the images in the non-working categories show up if you choose "all" for the category, etc.... (you are not being a pest and this is feature that is supposed to work.)

I've said it time & time again..............thanks for the excellent work and superior support!
    It's just the way I do business. When I get a "real" job I may have to slow down but until then......

Quick Question: Is it just me or is the "turn-the-screen-off-during-a-call" feature gone from ScreenCare 1.2.10?
    I have this version and I don't see the option. I hope its not gone for that was the main reason this program is so great.
    Do you now have CradleCare installed? That option disappears if it sees my other application loaded since it has a more robust screen-on mechanism.
    Jeff, a disappointing day today with SC. It seems to work sporadically on my Treo 600. It generally did not kick into action when I made a call out. In light of this, I thought I would try the latest version posted (1.2.10.) However, I just download this version onto my phone and cannot find a screensaver box to check. Is this feature still included? I should mention I do not have Cradle Care installed. Like the user above, SC's phone blackout is why I would use it.

Again, thanks for the time and patience...
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Is ther any pattern to the ones that it won't display? Like the number of entries in the category, Is it the same category all the time, do the images in the non-working categories show up if you choose "all" for the category, etc.... (you are not being a pest and this is feature that is supposed to work.) [b]Do you now have CradleCare installed? That option disappears if it sees my other application loaded since it has a more robust screen-on mechanism.
    I've have not noticed any pattern to the ones that it won't display. It is the same categories that never work, but the images do show up when I choose "all" for the category.
    In regards to CradleCare, I do not have it installed. Just as write1here stated, its not an option in version 1.2.10
    Thanks again for the help
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Jeff, a disappointing day today with SC. It seems to work sporadically on my Treo 600. It generally did not kick into action when I made a call out. In light of this, I thought I would try the latest version posted (1.2.10.) However, I just download this version onto my phone and cannot find a screensaver box to check. Is this feature still included? I should mention I do not have Cradle Care installed. Like the user above, SC's phone blackout is why I would use it.

Again, thanks for the time and patience...
    Well it wasn't removed on purpose. This whole porting over to the 650 is driving me crazy!
  13.    #73  
    I just posted a new version at the top of this post. Takes care of the missing option and it also should take care of the category problem. Can you confirm?
    Jeff, the missing blackout Treo screen option is back in v. 1.2.11. on my Treo 600. Thanks for that. I cannot speak to the question of "the category problem" since this is a feature I have not nor will deploy. I currently have SC accessing pictures on my SD card from in one directory and this seems to work fine.
    Another question, if you do not have the box blackout screen for the phone checked it does not seem that the picture preview works...
    I just posted a new version at the top of this post. Takes care of the missing option and it also should take care of the category problem. Can you confirm?
    I have installed 1.2.11 of SC and yes it does take care of the missing option. Unfortunately it does not take care of the internal db category problem. What I did notice is that I have nine different categories for my images (not including "all" and "unfiled"). The breakdown for the number of images in each category is like so:
    All: 221
    Aurora: 10
    Boricua: 6
    Breezy's: 36
    Business: 2
    Chapooka: 37
    Friends & Fam: 40
    Me: 27
    Misc: 47
    Simba: 16
    Unfiled: 0

The only categories that work with SC are "All" and "Me". Not quite sure if this info will help, but hey, its the only info I haven't given you yet. So I figured, "Why not"?
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Another question, if you do not have the box blackout screen for the phone checked it does not seem that the picture preview works...
    I concur. If the box is not checked, the preview option does not work.

Extra: You know what would enhance the option to pull the images from the internal db? If you were able to select multiple categories! Now if I could just select one category of my choosing............
  17.    #77  
    I have installed 1.2.11 of SC and yes it does take care of the missing option. Unfortunately it does not take care of the internal db category problem. What I did notice is that I have nine different categories for my images (not including "all" and "unfiled"). The breakdown for the number of images in each category is like so:
    All: 221
    Aurora: 10
    Boricua: 6
    Breezy's: 36
    Business: 2
    Chapooka: 37
    Friends & Fam: 40
    Me: 27
    Misc: 47
    Simba: 16
    Unfiled: 0

The only categories that work with SC are "All" and "Me". Not quite sure if this info will help, but hey, its the only info I haven't given you yet. So I figured, "Why not"?

I concur. If the box is not checked, the preview option does not work.

Extra: You know what would enhance the option to pull the images from the internal db? If you were able to select multiple categories! Now if I could just select one category of my choosing............
    This information is very useful! Thanks for taking the time to give it to me. I"ll get to work on this over the weekend. ANd I too noticed the same thing on the preview problem last night.

Jeff
    Where is this new version of screen care posted? The link I see in the first post is 1.2.11. When I use 1.2.11 on my Treo 600 and try to set it up so the screen goes to black on a call, the screen flashes black on and off. The graphical screen saver also flashes on and off. Is this fixed in the newest release?
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by splufdaddy
    Where is this new version of screen care posted? The link I see in the first post is 1.2.11. When I use 1.2.11 on my Treo 600 and try to set it up so the screen goes to black on a call, the screen flashes black on and off. The graphical screen saver also flashes on and off. Is this fixed in the newest release?
    Can you give me a little more information on when you are getting the flashing to happen? Is this when you are trying to hit the preview button or when you are on a call? I am in the progress of updating the application to support the Treo 650. The build you are using contains some 650 code that may be conflicting with the 600 so I am interested in how and when you are getting this condution.

Jeff
    The preview sucessfully works, but when I'm on a call it flashes. Would an upgrade or downgrade help? Is there a newer version publicly available? Great program, I'll test what I can to help.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast