Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Ok, just tried it...and here is my question. ScreenCare does not seem to turn the screen off again once you have manually turned it on while on a call. My understanding is that the application ought to turn off the screen after the set time you have designated. In other words, if this is 15-secs, the screeen will go blank after that time. However, if you manually turn on the screen and then wait, after 15 seconds (in this case since that is what I have set it to) the application should turn the screen off agaian. However, this did not happen. I tried several times, waited more than 15 secons each time, and ScreenCare never turned the screen off again.

So, simply put, my quesiton is this: If you are on a call and manually turn the Treo screen back on. is that it? Will ScreenCare no longer blank out the screen again no matter how long you wait?
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Jeff, just discovered another thing, ScreenCare (I have the latest vers 1.2.6) is not working at all when I make an outgoing call.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Ok, just tried it...and here is my question. ScreenCare does not seem to turn the screen off again once you have manually turned it on while on a call. My understanding is that the application ought to turn off the screen after the set time you have designated. In other words, if this is 15-secs, the screeen will go blank after that time. However, if you manually turn on the screen and then wait, after 15 seconds (in this case since that is what I have set it to) the application should turn the screen off agaian. However, this did not happen. I tried several times, waited more than 15 secons each time, and ScreenCare never turned the screen off again.

So, simply put, my quesiton is this: If you are on a call and manually turn the Treo screen back on. is that it? Will ScreenCare no longer blank out the screen again no matter how long you wait?
    Your assumptions are correct. The scrensaver should be recycling. I'll check it out.
  4.    #44  
    Jeff, just discovered another thing, ScreenCare (I have the latest vers 1.2.6) is not working at all when I make an outgoing call.
    This is fixed in v1.2.7 posted at the top of this thread. I ahd left some debug statements in. Sorry.
  5.    #45  

I have tried it now about 10 times (5 incoming calls and 5 outgoing calls) and the scren saver will start correctly and when I clear it by tapping on the screen it restarts itself after the 15 (configured) seconds over and over again. Maybe it was something in v1.2.6 or perhaps you are doing something different to make it not work. I am very interested in how you manually cleared the screen saver and how you have SC configured. That will help me track this down.
    I have tried it now about 10 times (5 incoming calls and 5 outgoing calls) and the scren saver will start correctly and when I clear it by tapping on the screen it restarts itself after the 15 (configured) seconds over and over again. Maybe it was something in v1.2.6 or perhaps you are doing something different to make it not work. I am very interested in how you manually cleared the screen saver and how you have SC configured. That will help me track this down.

JEFF, I WILL GIVE THE LATEST BUILD A TRY. AS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED, MY HOUSE IS ON A HILL WHERE NO CELL PHONE RECEPTION OCCURS. SO WILL HAVE TO TEST TOMORROW.

CONCERNING HOW I MANUALLY CLEARED SCREEN SAVER, I USED THE POWER BUTTON ON MY TREO 600. AS FOR THE CONFIGURATION, I HAD ON "DISABLE SCREEN TOUCH" AND DELAY TIME SET AT "16 SECONDS." THIS WAS IN VERSION 1.2.6. WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW THE LATEST INCARNATION OF SC (v. 1.2.7) BEHAVES...
    Last edited by write1here; 12/06/2004 at 11:18 PM.
  7.    #47  

JEFF, I WILL GIVE THE LATEST BUILD A TRY. AS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED, MY HOUSE IS ON A HILL WHERE NO CELL PHONE RECEPTION OCCURS. SO WILL HAVE TO TEST TOMORROW.

CONCERNING HOW I MANUALLY CLEARED SCREEN SAVER, I USED THE POWER BUTTON ON MY TREO 600. AS FOR THE CONFIGURATION, I HAD ON "DISABLE SCREEN TOUCH" AND DELAY TIME SET AT "16 SECONDS." THIS WAS IN VERSION 1.3.6. WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW THE LATEST INCARNATION OF SC BEHAVES...
    Thanks for the update. I'll be here when you come down from the mountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Quote:
    Quick Note: Me saying "all is perfect" is a slight exaggeration. I am still unable to pull pictures from the internal Db. I still get the same error message I stated above.

This concerns me! I'd like to work with you to get this to work as it does work on my system.
    I have noticed one thing. It doesn't completely not work. It depends on the category I choose. Some categories give me the error message when I try to preview and some work perfect. All the categories have pictures in them. I'm clueless. Help!?
    Quick question. Have you tried the custom icons screen saver? If so what do you think?
    I tried to program the custom icons screen but when i try to click the ScreenIcon app in launcher, it causes a reset. I did everything I was supposed to on the ScreenCare side of the feature
    My thoughts were that you would not want the volumen buttons to wake up the screen saver. I personally use the volume buttons all the time and would not want them to clear the screen saver. The problem is this: if I trap them it is very difficult to get them to perform the volume task. Would it be ok to leave them alone and use the 5 way, the power button or the keypad to clear the screen saver?
    I'm sorry. Let me explain. The feature regarding the volume buttons is perfect. I don't want to change anything. I like the fact that I'm able to adjust the volume during a call with the screen blanked. I understand for that feature to able to do that, when you press a volume button, the screen turns back on to enable the adjustment and then blanks out again after your specified time. What I don't like is that if I press any other buttons (keypad, hard buttons, 5way nav pad), the screen turns back on and isn't blanked out anymore until your specified delay time. The only buttons I want active while the screen is blanked out on a call are: 1) volume-for volume adjustment and 2) top power button-to turn on screen when blanked out (and turn off manually before the specified time if possible).
    Jeff, I'm with you...I would leave the volume buttons alone. The whole point is to be able to raise or lower volume of the phone with the screen off. If, instead, the volume buttons become a way to activate the screen to on, this defeats the purpose.
    I don't know if your guys app does something different, but when I hit the volume buttons, my screen doesn't stay off. It comes on to allow the adjustment and turns back off after my preset delay.

Just wanted to say again thanks for the help and support and kudos!
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
    I am trying 1.2.7 now. I'll give u an update!

---UPDATE---

I tried 1.2.7 and everything is still working great. I still can't get the ScreenIcon thing to work though. I would like to be able to give you feedback on the feature but it hasn't worked for me. Help!?
    Last edited by blockburner2700; 12/07/2004 at 02:19 AM.
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    I tried 1.2.7 and everything is still working great.
    That is wonderfull!!

I still can't get the ScreenIcon thing to work though. I would like to be able to give you feedback on the feature but it hasn't worked for me. Help!?
    Sure. It is probably a setup issue. Here is what you need to do:

1. Create a directory at the BASE of your SD Card with the name /ScreenCare.
    2. Place all of your Icon files in this directory
    3. Use ScreenIcon to select the Icon you want to use for your screen saver
    4. In ScreenCare select Application mode
    5. Select settings
    6. Select special effects checkbox
    7. Seclect Custom Icon from the drop down list
    You are done!
    That is wonderfull!!

Sure. It is probably a setup issue. Here is what you need to do:
    1. Create a directory at the BASE of your SD Card with the name /ScreenCare.
    2. Place all of your Icon files in this directory
    3. Use ScreenIcon to select the Icon you want to use for your screen saver
    4. In ScreenCare select Application mode
    5. Select settings
    6. Select special effects checkbox
    7. Seclect Custom Icon from the drop down list
    You are done!
    I did all of that but am unable to complete step three. When I try to open the app ScreenIcon, my treo soft resets

Also, any clue as to why I can pull pictures from certain categories in the internal DB (including the category "All") and not from others? I would really prefer to pull the pictures from the internal database versus the SD card because I have everything organized there.

-JEFF- Sorry I edited your post rather than replying. I have tried to put this post back together as much as I can.
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/07/2004 at 10:37 AM.
  12.    #52  
    I did all of that but am unable to complete step three. When I try to open the app ScreenIcon, my treo soft resets
    Sorry about that. Sounds like you may be running low on memory on your Treo. I rebuilt the ScreenIcon program to not use as much static memory. I have included a version of it in THIS post. Can you try and see if it works for you? Beyond that here is what you can do to get past step 3: The other thing to do then is to simply rename the Icon file you want to use and call it "ScreenCare.jpg" in the directory "/ScreenCare". That is what ScreenIcon does for you.

Also, any clue as to why I can pull pictures from certain categories in the internal DB (including the category "All") and not from others? I would really prefer to pull the pictures from the internal database versus the SD card because I have everything organized there.
    I'm checking into that now. I have a couple of questions:

1)Are all of the category names correct that are listed?

2)Area any missing that should be there?

3)Can you see all of your images through the standard camera application?

4)Approximately how many images do you have stored in RAM (ie. in the imageDB on the palm itself. - Not on the SD Card)

5)How much memory do you have free?

We will get this working for you. And I appreciate your feedback!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  13.    #53  
    [QUOTE=blockburner2700]Also, any clue as to why I can pull pictures from certain categories in the internal DB (including the category "All") and not from others? I would really prefer to pull the pictures from the internal database versus the SD card because I have everything organized there.[\QUOTE]

I have attached a special build for you to try. I found that I was not checking for out of memory when I build my image list. This build will tell us if you are running out of memory. You will get a popup message saying that you are out of memory if that is the problem. I think that is why you are not able to display the images consistently in the internal DB. This code works perfect on my system (but that's not to say it isn't on yours.) We will get this working for you!

jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/07/2004 at 11:20 AM.
    Jeff, just tested build 1.2.7 and it seems to be working just fine on both incoming and outgoing calls -- SC kicks into gear after 15 secs (my set time), and will restart if I manully turn screen on after 15 secs. Also, I have it working in concert with TreoGuard (set for 2 mins), figuring that by then I will have adjusted volumne to my liking and can now conserve more power by fully turning the screen off (this on assumption that phone call will go long, having hit 2 min mark).

Fine, true work on your part...kudos...
  15.    #55  
    Jeff, just tested build 1.2.7 and it seems to be working just fine on both incoming and outgoing calls -- SC kicks into gear after 15 secs (my set time), and will restart if I manully turn screen on after 15 secs. Also, I have it working in concert with TreoGuard (set for 2 mins), figuring that by then I will have adjusted volumne to my liking and can now conserve more power by fully turning the screen off (this on assumption that phone call will go long, having hit 2 min mark).

Fine, true work on your part...kudos...
    That's great to hear!
  16.    #56  
    I just got my Treo 650 today and am working on accounting for the differences in the Treo as we speak. Boy the screen looks outstanding on this phone! Just wait 'til you see the graphics!
    Sorry about that. Sounds like you may be running low on memory on your Treo. I rebuilt the ScreenIcon program to not use as much static memory. I have included a version of it in THIS post. Can you try and see if it works for you? Beyond that here is what you can do to get past step 3: The other thing to do then is to simply rename the Icon file you want to use and call it "ScreenCare.jpg" in the directory "/ScreenCare". That is what ScreenIcon does for you.
    I tried the version of ScreenIcon you included in the post above. It did the same thing when I tried to open it; it crashed. I also did what you recommended above. I created the directory and renamed the icon file as directed. Actually, its been setup on the SD card like from the beginning, per the ScreenIcon readme.txt. Neither options work. It gives me a Fatal Alert "Image File Not Found".
    I'm checking into that now. I have a couple of questions:

1)Are all of the category names correct that are listed?

2)Area any missing that should be there?

3)Can you see all of your images through the standard camera application?

4)Approximately how many images do you have stored in RAM (ie. in the imageDB on the palm itself. - Not on the SD Card)

5)How much memory do you have free
    1)Yes

2)All categories are present

3)Yes

4)219 images

5)3.2 Mb
    I have attached a special build for you to try. I found that I was not checking for out of memory when I build my image list. This build will tell us if you are running out of memory. You will get a popup message saying that you are out of memory if that is the problem. I think that is why you are not able to display the images consistently in the internal DB. This code works perfect on my system (but that's not to say it isn't on yours.) We will get this working for you!
    I tried version 1.2.8 and it still behaves exactly the way it did previously. I didn't get any popups about my memory, only about "No Images were found in the Database".

Thanks again for the help!
  18.    #58  
    I tried the version of ScreenIcon you included in the post above. It did the same thing when I tried to open it; it crashed. I also did what you recommended above. I created the directory and renamed the icon file as directed. Actually, its been setup on the SD card like from the beginning, per the ScreenIcon readme.txt. Neither options work. It gives me a Fatal Alert "Image File Not Found".

1)Yes

2)All categories are present

3)Yes

4)219 images

5)3.2 Mb

I tried version 1.2.8 and it still behaves exactly the way it did previously. I didn't get any popups about my memory, only about "No Images were found in the Database".

Thanks again for the help!
    I will keep digging. I don't remember asking before but are you using a Treo 600 or 650?
    I will keep digging. I don't remember asking before but are you using a Treo 600 or 650?
    Handspring branded Sprint Treo 600
    Quick Note.....
    In regards to ScreenIcon crashing, when I bring up the System Error Log, it tells me "A reset was caused..........while running ScreenIcon. MemoryMgr.c, Line:3635, NULL handle

Hope this helps!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast