Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Jeff, so far so good...will keep you posted. Again, gracias...
    "This space intentionally left blank."
  2.    #22  
    New version posted at the top of this thread. Please install it as it fixes a random crash if you use the "keep screen on" feature.
    1) What Treo aer you using? 270, 600, 650, etc....
    Handspring-Branded Sprint T600

2) Where were you pulling your pictures from? Internal DB or SD Card?
    I was pulling the pictures from the SD Card. I tried to pull the pictures from the ROM but kept getting an error message stating "No Images were found in the Database". I have over 200 pics in the Treo Pictures app.

3) Where you using the Random display option?
    Yes

4) Where you rotaing the image?
    No

5) What scaling option was set?
    "Keep Aspect Ratio"

6) Where you fitting to screen?
    If you mean did I have the "Full Screen" option set, yes.

7) Do you display any images at all?
    It goes through a few and then it crashes and sends me into a reset loop.

8) Does "application" mode work?
    Yes it does.

9) Do the bugs show up fine?
    Yes they do.
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
    UPDATE: I completely uninstalled & re-installed the program and everything seems to be working a-ok now. The only suggestions that I have would be to allow the user to designate pictures instead of a black screen to come on during a call and to be able to make it so the only buttons that turn off the screensaver during a call would be the volume buttons and the power button. I noticed that tapping the screen also turns it off and that sucks when your cheek keeps bumping the screen.

****DARN! While posting this message, my treo crashed during the pictures screensaver. I think it happened when the screen was set to turn off.
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    As for the reset loop, I give the Treo 30 seconds to wake up before I enable any feature within the product.
    It seems like the phone reboots, goes through its loading process for about 35 seconds and resets. The only way to stop it is disable all apps from booting and quickly going to launcher to delete app from system.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    It seems like the phone reboots, goes through its loading process for about 35 seconds and resets. The only way to stop it is disable all apps from booting and quickly going to launcher to delete app from system.
    If you have the time, lets step through this so I can get an area to work on in the code.

Where are you pulling pictures from:
    Palm DB
    VFS

What directory if from VFS:

What is your longest filename:

Are you viewing with:
    Random
    Full Screen
    Keep Aspect Ratio
    Launch App

Does it seem to always fail on one picture in particular?

You said in a previous post that SC tells you NO IMAGES when you try to pull from the internal DB.

1) Do you have images in the internal DB or on the SD Card?
    2) If you have images in the Internal DB, have you selected the right category in ScreenCare?

That's all I can think of right now. I am sure this information will point me to the problem.

Thanks for taking the time!

Jeff
    If you have the time, lets step through this so I can get an area to work on in the code.

Where are you pulling pictures from:
    Palm DB
    VFS
    I'm not sure which is what. I'm pulling the pics off my SD Card.

What directory if from VFS:
    /DCIM

What is your longest filename:
    A Boy And A Girl Presents.jpg

Are you viewing with:
    Random
    Full Screen
    Keep Aspect Ratio
    Launch App
    Random: Yes
    Full Screen: Yes
    Keep Aspect Ratio: Yes
    Launch App: Yes

Does it seem to always fail on one picture in particular?
    Not that I've noticed

You said in a previous post that SC tells you NO IMAGES when you try to pull from the internal DB.

1) Do you have images in the internal DB or on the SD Card?
    2) If you have images in the Internal DB, have you selected the right category in ScreenCare?
    I have images in both. I only try to pull pictures from one or the other. Never both at the same time. When trying to pull images from the Internal Db, I make sure the correct category is selected in ScreenCare.
  8.    #28  
    I'm not sure which is what. I'm pulling the pics off my SD Card.

/DCIM

A Boy And A Girl Presents.jpg

Random: Yes
    Full Screen: Yes
    Keep Aspect Ratio: Yes
    Launch App: Yes

Not that I've noticed

I have images in both. I only try to pull pictures from one or the other. Never both at the same time. When trying to pull images from the Internal Db, I make sure the correct category is selected in ScreenCare.
    Very nice thanks! Are you also using ScreenCare v1.2.4? IF not please upgade because I did find 2 problems that were fixed in that release.

Also, what program are you using to keep your screen turned on? ScreenCare or something else?

Thanks,

jeff
  9.    #29  
    Very nice thanks! Are you also using ScreenCare v1.2.4? IF not please upgade because I did find 2 problems that were fixed in that release.

Also, what program are you using to keep your screen turned on? ScreenCare or something else?

Thanks,

jeff
    I think I may have found the problem. Can you try v1.2.5 posted at the top of this thread and let me know if it fixes the problem?
  10.    #30  
    UPDATE:The only suggestions that I have would be to allow the user to designate pictures instead of a black screen to come on during a call and to be able to make it so the only buttons that turn off the screensaver during a call would be the volume buttons and the power button. I noticed that tapping the screen also turns it off and that sucks when your cheek keeps bumping the screen.
    I think this is a great idea. I will implement this ASAP. I will give the option to disable the screen touch but I will leave the function of the volume keys alone. The ability to adjust your volume is one of the main features of this blackout mode. I will also give you the ability to choose the type of screen saver for the phone. Is there anything else you can think of?
  11.    #31  
    I think this is a great idea. I will implement this ASAP. I will give the option to disable the screen touch but I will leave the function of the volume keys alone. The ability to adjust your volume is one of the main features of this blackout mode. I will also give you the ability to choose the type of screen saver for the phone. Is there anything else you can think of?
    The functionality that you asked for is now in v1.2.6 that is posted at the top of this thread. I also improved the detection of a phone call so the times when the screen saver did not start have been eliminated.

Thanks for the suggestion!
    I think I may have found the problem. Can you try v1.2.5 posted at the top of this thread and let me know if it fixes the problem?
    I installed 1.2.5 last night and all is perfect! Your support for this product has been excellent and maybe if we had more developers who took pride in their work like you do, we would have more treo apps that worked flawlessly in conjuction with each other.

Quick Note: Me saying "all is perfect" is a slight exaggeration. I am still unable to pull pictures from the internal Db. I still get the same error message I stated above.

Thanks for a great program and excellent support on it. Keep up the good work!
    I apologize for the misunderstanding. What you noted above is exactly what I wanted. I didn't want you to disable the volume buttons. I was wondering if the volume buttons or the power button could be the only buttons able to wake the treo from the screensaver? What I mean is could all of the other buttons (along with the screen touch you already disabled) be disabled so they don't wake the treo?

I'm about to try 1.2.6 right now. I'll give you my feedback.

Once again, thanks for your superb support! Keep up the good work!
  14.    #34  
    I installed 1.2.5 last night and all is perfect! Your support for this product has been excellent and maybe if we had more developers who took pride in their work like you do, we would have more treo apps that worked flawlessly in conjuction with each other.
    Thanks for the kind words. It is my goal to provide 100% customer satisfaction.

Quick Note: Me saying "all is perfect" is a slight exaggeration. I am still unable to pull pictures from the internal Db. I still get the same error message I stated above.
    This concerns me! I'd like to work with you to get this to work as it does work on my system.

Thanks for a great program and excellent support on it. Keep up the good work!
    I'll do my best.

Quick question. Have you tried the custom icons screen saver? If so what do you think? I'm trying to get LAGuppie (my dial pads) developer to supply some of his great icons for this part of the program. Thoughts????
  15.    #35  
    I apologize for the misunderstanding. What you noted above is exactly what I wanted. I didn't want you to disable the volume buttons. I was wondering if the volume buttons or the power button could be the only buttons able to wake the treo from the screensaver? What I mean is could all of the other buttons (along with the screen touch you already disabled) be disabled so they don't wake the treo?
    My thoughts were that you would not want the volumen buttons to wake up the screen saver. I personally use the volume buttons all the time and would not want them to clear the screen saver. The problem is this: if I trap them it is very difficult to get them to perform the volume task. Would it be ok to leave them alone and use the 5 way, the power button or the keypad to clear the screen saver?

I'm about to try 1.2.6 right now. I'll give you my feedback.

Once again, thanks for your superb support! Keep up the good work!
    I'm can't wait to hear your findings. I have my fingers crossed.
    Jeff, I'm with you...I would leave the volume buttons alone. The whole point is to be able to raise or lower volume of the phone with the screen off. If, instead, the volume buttons become a way to activate the screen to on, this defeats the purpose. Indeed, then ScreenCare becomes too much like TreoGuard, in my view.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Jeff, I'm with you...I would leave the volume buttons alone. The whole point is to be able to raise or lower volume of the phone with the screen off. If, instead, the volume buttons become a way to activate the screen to on, this defeats the purpose. Indeed, then ScreenCare becomes too much like TreoGuard, in my view.
    Thanks for your input. I encourage everyone to voice their opinion so that I can make this product fit as many needs as possible.

Good point and in fact that was the basis for my design. The reason I don't use any of the other products is because they don't allow the use of the volume keys to raise or lower the volume while the screen is off. Now it is true that I don't completely turn off the screen so my power savings will not be as good as the other products but SC does give you the ability to black-out the screen thus cutting down on some of the drain while still leaving the volume keys functioning. It also darkens the screen so that it does not shine bright when you are talking at night. That's what bugs me the most! I look like a search light when I use the phone at night. A real pain when you are trying to be discrete.

How is the phone screen saver working for you know that I have made a few changes?

Jeff
    Ok, just tried it...and here is my question. ScreenCare does not seem to turn the screen off again once you have manually turned it on while on a call. My understanding is that the application ought to turn off the screen after the set time you have designated. In other words, if this is 15-secs, the screeen will go blank after that time. However, if you manually turn on the screen and then wait, after 15 seconds (in this case since that is what I have set it to) the application should turn the screen off agaian. However, this did not happen. I tried several times, waited more than 15 secons each time, and ScreenCare never turned the screen off again.

So, simply put, my quesiton is this: If you are on a call and manually turn the Treo screen back on. is that it? Will ScreenCare no longer blank out the screen again no matter how long you wait?
    Last edited by write1here; 12/06/2004 at 06:03 PM.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Oddly enough, have not had a chance to use it yet...no calls. I am working so just as well...will let you know how it goes...
    Thanks!
    Jeff, see post before this one of mine... I have a question...
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast