Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Quick question, does ScreenCare kick in even when the Treo is off? I had my treo off, pluged into the wall, sitting on my desk, and then after half-an-hour ScreenCare started. By the way, I do not have th box checked that provides for the Treo to stay on when plugged in. I do not want ScreenCare active all night while I am sleeping. No point. Also, there are periods when it just sits on my desk off, and I am away. Do not want the battery used up when not plugged in by ScreenCare kicking in. Any thoughts?
    This was in fact the problem that caused me to put out the latest build (v2.9.10). Did this happen running that release?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by write1here
    Quick question, does ScreenCare kick in even when the Treo is off? I had my treo off, pluged into the wall, sitting on my desk, and then after half-an-hour ScreenCare started. By the way, I do not have th box checked that provides for the Treo to stay on when plugged in. I do not want ScreenCare active all night while I am sleeping. No point. Also, there are periods when it just sits on my desk off, and I am away. Do not want the battery used up when not plugged in by ScreenCare kicking in. Any thoughts?

=============
    Jeff: This was in fact the problem that caused me to put out the latest build (v2.9.10). Did this happen running that release?
    ==============

Write1here: Yes
    "This space intentionally left blank."
  3.    #183  
    Quote:

=============
    Jeff: This was in fact the problem that caused me to put out the latest build (v2.9.10). Did this happen running that release?
    ==============

I found and fixed the condition that caused this to happen. It is posted as v2.9.12 at the top of this thread. I have also published a new download area at:

http://gotreosoftware.com/downloads

The most current builds of all of my applications can be found here.

Jeff
    Jeff, your latest build of screen care -- 2.9.15 is causing this problem all over again...

==============
    Quote:

=============
    ==============

I found and fixed the condition that caused this to happen. It is posted as v2.9.12 at the top of this thread. I have also published a new download area at:

Jeff

jeffgibson

================
  5.    #185  
    Jeff, your latest build of screen care -- 2.9.15 is causing this problem all over again...

==============
    Quote:

=============
    ==============

Jeff

jeffgibson

================
    Really?? I am not seeing it. Seems to be acting very nicely on both of my treo's 600 and 650. Do you have CradleCare installed I can't remember. If not how are you keeping your screenturned on?

Jeff
    Really?? I am not seeing it. Seems to be acting very nicely on both of my treo's 600 and 650. Do you have CradleCare installed I can't remember. If not how are you keeping your screenturned on?

Jeff

Nope..no CradleCare... Screen was off, Treo totally sleeping when it popped on with 9.12.15
    ScreenCare
  7.    #187  

Jeff

Nope..no CradleCare... Screen was off, Treo totally sleeping when it popped on with 9.12.15
    ScreenCare
    Do you have screencare's keep screen tunred on while charging option enabled?

I'll check into this tomorrow. I have got to get to bed.........
    "Do you have screencare's keep screen tunred on while charging option enabled?"

Nope
    My treo 600 will crash if I'm downloading documents from Docs To Go while ScreenCare is running. The system error log says:

A reset was caused on.....while running "ScreenCare": Preferences.c,Line:271, PrefDB Open Error

Synching works fine if I disable ScreenCare. Any ideas?
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by KiraS
    My treo 600 will crash if I'm downloading documents from Docs To Go while ScreenCare is running. The system error log says:

A reset was caused on.....while running "ScreenCare": Preferences.c,Line:271, PrefDB Open Error

Synching works fine if I disable ScreenCare. Any ideas?
    That's an easy problem to solve I think. There is an option in SC to *not* go into screen saving mode if certain progams are running. This is called an exclude list. Take a look at page 12 of the docs to see how to use this feature. But once you have this applicaiton mapped out, you should not have this problem any more.

Let me know if you continue to have issues and I will make sure you are up and running.

Jeff
    Jeff. any thoughts about my situation...ScreenCare turning on even though the Treo is off and the box to keep screen turned on while charging is NOT checked?

12.    #192  
    Jeff. any thoughts about my situation...ScreenCare turning on even though the Treo is off and the box to keep screen turned on while charging is NOT checked?

• What mode do you have screencare in? Picture or Application
    • Do you have application launching enabled?
    • If so what application do you have SC launching?
    • What is your timeout value set to in SC?
    • What is your Treo Auto-off timeout set to?
    • What displays when SC wakes up the Treo?
    In the time since I started typing this response, I have also put a new build together. Can you give it a try and see if it fixes the problem?

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I am working on this today for you. Can you give me some more configuration details?

What mode do you have screencare in? Picture or Application
    Do you have application launching enabled?
    If so what application do you have SC launching?
    What is your timeout value set to in SC?
    What is your Treo Auto-off timeout set to?
    What displays when SC wakes up the Treo?
    In the time since I started typing this response, I have also put a new build together. Can you give it a try and see if it fixes the problem?

Jeff
    ============

Jeff, let me try new build and see what happens...thanks, Miles
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    That's an easy problem to solve I think. There is an option in SC to *not* go into screen saving mode if certain progams are running. This is called an exclude list. Take a look at page 12 of the docs to see how to use this feature. But once you have this applicaiton mapped out, you should not have this problem any more.

Let me know if you continue to have issues and I will make sure you are up and running.

Jeff
    Yup, I checked the exclude list and HotSynch was already on it, but I added Docs To Go and it's still crashing. Any ideas?
  15.    #195  
    Yup, I checked the exclude list and HotSynch was already on it, but I added Docs To Go and it's still crashing. Any ideas?
    Well lets dig a little deeper in the details.

Sorry for all the questions but it will help me narrow down the problem so we can find the solution.

What model Palm do you have?
    Where do you have ScreenCare installed? RAM or SD card?
    Where is DocToGo loaded? RAM or SD card?
    What mode is ScreenCare in? Picture or Application?
    What is your timeout for ScreenCare?
    What is your auto-off setting in the preferences application?
    Are you plugged into power when this happens?
    Do you have the keep screen on optin enabled in ScreenCare?
    If no to the above are you using another application to keep the screen on?
    Are you using the actual DocsToGo application to download?
    Is the DocsToGo application running when the treo crashses?
    Do you see ScreenCare startup before the crash?

Again I am sorry about all of the questions but as I have been typing this response I have been trying to reproduce your problem but so far ScreenCare is not causing a problem. I am sure you are having a problem but the steps that I am trying to reproduce the problem are not what you are doing.

Looking forward to your answers. We will get this fixed!

Jeff
    Hey, no problem. "Questions" is my middle name. It's nice to be on the other side of the fence for a change....

What model Palm do you have? Treo600
    Where do you have ScreenCare installed? RAM or SD card? RAM
    Where is DocToGo loaded? RAM or SD card? RAM
    What mode is ScreenCare in? Picture or Application? Picture
    What is your timeout for ScreenCare? if you mean delay time, it's 1 minute, or 20 seconds under "phone settings"
    What is your auto-off setting in the preferences application? 2 minutes
    Are you plugged into power when this happens? yes, it happens while I'm synching, and my synch cable also charges from my usb
    Do you have the keep screen on optin enabled in ScreenCare? no
    If no to the above are you using another application to keep the screen on? I don't think so. It seems to be set to go into photos for a screensaver, and then it eventually turns off.
    Are you using the actual DocsToGo application to download? i use HotSynch, which works fine EXCEPT if it's trying to synch docs from Docs To Go onto my treo. As soon as it says it's synching Docs To Go, it crashes.
    Is the DocsToGo application running when the treo crashses? I don't think so. It's definitely not open on my PC or my treo, but if it runs in the background anywhere I don't know.
    Do you see ScreenCare startup before the crash? No. I would think it was Docs To Go that is crashing, if it weren't for the System Error Log. I also have CrashPro which logs it as a "soft reset" and says "no details available". I hope this helps! Maybe i shoud just add a patch that turns SC off during HotSynch and back on again when it's finished?

thanks for looking into this!!
  17.    #197  
    Hey, no problem. "Questions" is my middle name. It's nice to be on the other side of the fence for a change....

What model Palm do you have? Treo600
    Where do you have ScreenCare installed? RAM or SD card? RAM
    Where is DocToGo loaded? RAM or SD card? RAM
    What mode is ScreenCare in? Picture or Application? Picture
    What is your timeout for ScreenCare? if you mean delay time, it's 1 minute, or 20 seconds under "phone settings"
    What is your auto-off setting in the preferences application? 2 minutes
    Are you plugged into power when this happens? yes, it happens while I'm synching, and my synch cable also charges from my usb
    Do you have the keep screen on optin enabled in ScreenCare? no
    If no to the above are you using another application to keep the screen on? I don't think so. It seems to be set to go into photos for a screensaver, and then it eventually turns off.
    Are you using the actual DocsToGo application to download? i use HotSynch, which works fine EXCEPT if it's trying to synch docs from Docs To Go onto my treo. As soon as it says it's synching Docs To Go, it crashes.
    Is the DocsToGo application running when the treo crashses? I don't think so. It's definitely not open on my PC or my treo, but if it runs in the background anywhere I don't know.
    Do you see ScreenCare startup before the crash? No. I would think it was Docs To Go that is crashing, if it weren't for the System Error Log. I also have CrashPro which logs it as a "soft reset" and says "no details available". I hope this helps! Maybe i shoud just add a patch that turns SC off during HotSynch and back on again when it's finished?

thanks for looking into this!!
    All of this detail definitely helps! I will do some code walk throughs and see if I can't find the source of this.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff ~

Any luck yet?

Thanks, Kira
    With the newer Treo 650s having firmware that gives it the ability to variably adjust the keyboard backlighting (along with the screen brightness at this point), is it possible to incorporate this in ScreenCare?

Possibly in a manner such as decreasing the brightness as night time progresses. Do you have access to this code?
  20.    #200  
    Hi Jeff ~

Any luck yet?

Thanks, Kira
    I'm sorry. I have just been swammped. I will look into this very soon.

Jeff
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast