1.    #1  
    I just switched from TMobile to Sprint (Treo 650) and my number was ported 2 days ago. Voice was working about 3 hours after the port request, and they told me SMS would take 24 hours. Well, SMS started working - partially.

It worked if I send an SMS from sprintpcs.com or from another phone (a TMobile phone in this case). But, it wouldn't work if I sent a message to mynumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com or if I sent a messsage through AIM. I use AIM to send messages to phones on various carriers all the time and it has always worked fine. And, I am almost positive that I have sent one via AIM to a SprintPCS phone before.

So, I called Sprint's Vision group. They said that they had to update a setting on their SMS server for the Treo 650 so that messages sent by email would be converted to SMS. He told me that they have to turn this setting on for each new phone and it had not yet been turned on for the 650 (am I really the first person to notice this can call to complain?). Right after he turned it on, I got the test email message I had sent 30 minutes ago along with the message he just sent. However, I am still not getting messages sent through AIM. He wasn't familiar with messages sent through AIM, but he said the server update can take up to 4 hours - so that may start working soon.

Any 600 users here that have successfully received an SMS sent via AIM? The format is +12125551234 (substitute 2125551234 with your own number).
    Quote Originally Posted by tooslo
    I just switched from TMobile to Sprint (Treo 650) and my number was ported 2 days ago. Voice was working about 3 hours after the port request, and they told me SMS would take 24 hours. Well, SMS started working - partially.

It worked if I send an SMS from sprintpcs.com or from another phone (a TMobile phone in this case). But, it wouldn't work if I sent a message to mynumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com or if I sent a messsage through AIM. I use AIM to send messages to phones on various carriers all the time and it has always worked fine. And, I am almost positive that I have sent one via AIM to a SprintPCS phone before.

So, I called Sprint's Vision group. They said that they had to update a setting on their SMS server for the Treo 650 so that messages sent by email would be converted to SMS. He told me that they have to turn this setting on for each new phone and it had not yet been turned on for the 650 (am I really the first person to notice this can call to complain?). Right after he turned it on, I got the test email message I had sent 30 minutes ago along with the message he just sent. However, I am still not getting messages sent through AIM. He wasn't familiar with messages sent through AIM, but he said the server update can take up to 4 hours - so that may start working soon.

Any 600 users here that have successfully received an SMS sent via AIM? The format is +12125551234 (substitute 2125551234 with your own number).
    NEVER - I had a 600 yor a year, and have a 650 now. Not one AIM message. If you find out how - let me know!
    Maybe I should offer a cash reward to anyone that can help us fix this. I really would like this feature to work, and AOL and Sprint are NO help.
    Your solution is Verichat. I've been using it on my T600 and T650 and it not only enables you to use AIM, but MSN Messenger, Yahoo, and ICQ too. You can log off and Verichat's proxy sends you messages via SMS.
    I have Verichat, but there are those RARE times someone sends my an AIM text message. It is just frustrating that I have to expalin that my smart phone is not so smart when it comes to that.
    A long time back I used to be able to get SMS messages sent from AIM to my T600. Then one day it stopped. Neither Sprint nor AOL / AIM tech support have provided any help with this issue. I can still continue to message via AIM all the other Sprint phones in my life, wifes; work; friends. Just not "MY" number.

CGordonn
    But why just the Treo line - The guys over at Sprint are on help. I has asked so many people, does anyone know an internal tech at Sprint?
    it has never worked AIM -> sprint, would be nice though!!

That is just embarrassing....
    I got my 650 two days ago and Verichat works like a charm with AOL Instant Msgr (like it did with my 600). However, if I am IM'd from AOL directly to my cell and not through Verichat, I can rcv the msg, but cant reply back.....
    Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    it has never worked AIM -> sprint, would be nice though!!
    AIM to Sprint does work. All of my companies work phones are SPCS and we routinely use AIM to send messages to these phones. I also do the same to my wifes SPCS phone. I am however unable to send a message from AIM (or AOL) to my SPCS number. I doubt it is because I use a Treo 600, but rather I think my number is in some kind of AIM sms blackhole.

CGordonn
    Anyone know how to fix that?
    Do you think any Sprint Reps check the boards?
    Now, I have some big guns at Sprint checking this issue out.... Hopefully they will be able to fix it (ha ha)