View Poll Results: How many times, if any, have you returned your T650?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • NONE

    90 66.18%
  • 1 - returned it for replacement with another T650

    20 14.71%
  • 1 - returned it and went back to T600, or your old phone, etc

    21 15.44%
  • 2

    2 1.47%
  • 3

    1 0.74%
  • 4

    0 0%
  • 5

    2 1.47%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Though his image looks too young for that timeframe please note that ==I== have been "using the internet" since before it was known as that - as a graduate student pre-1980 we regularly emailed folks on the darpanet...
    and we all bow down to your anonymous self. strangely, i didn't say "i've been on the internet longer than anyone else in the world, nyah nyah nyah". i'm glad you've been emailing since before 1980.

    i'm 45. i'm supposed to be old and wrinkled i suppose.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  2. #42  
    You are finding hatred where there is none. Time to contemplate your navel.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Thank you for conceding that I was right on all points.
    i concede on one of your points. not all of them. but really, who gives a flying bat guano? go make your own, better poll. please. i implore you. if you want to dismiss as invalid all data gathered by this poll, then you're more than privileged to do so. i find the results interesting.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    You are finding hatred where there is none. Time to contemplate your navel.
    you're a piece of work, anonymous.

    now, please post a link to your better poll when you create it. thanks.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    ...
    Hey, Paul... need I remind you?
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Hey, Paul... need I remind you?
    well, i dunno. i don't think i'm the one picking fights, though i'm certainly playing the sucker by responding.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  7. #47  
    I think this poll is flawed not only in that it is unscientific enough that it couldn't even back up an argument in a conversation, but also conceptually in what it implies - that not returning the T650 means you love the phone and are happy with it.
    I am not returning my T650 because I really do need the better screen and bluetooth, but I am extremely unhappy with it, and I don't think it's a dependable device, but it's the only one that gets close to what I need to do with a phone. On the other hand, I was extremely happy with my T600 even with its shortcomings. If there was a new version of the T600 that added the high-res screen, the BT and nothing more I would send the T650 back in an instant.
    So, the fact that I didn't return the T650 doesn't mean I am happy with it, and I still wish every minute that there was another option so I could send this god awful phone back to PalmOne.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    i'm certainly playing the sucker by responding.
    Nah... however, you are approaching:
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    being a colossal <snip>, pompous cheerleader, and whatever other choice adjectives you'd like to throw in there
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...es/biggrin.gif
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi
    I think this poll is flawed not only in that it is unscientific enough that it couldn't even back up an argument in a conversation,
    nobody has suggested that any poll here is scientific. in fact, polls here are explicitly not scientific, because there are zero controls. of course, a great many polls are unscientific. that doesn't make the information of no value.

    i don't pretend that great, earthshaking things are being learned from this poll. it's an informal bit of info.

    but also conceptually in what it implies - that not returning the T650 means you love the phone and are happy with it.
    it implies nothing of the sort. you are inferring that. no suggestion has been made that this is a poll to gauge how much people love or are happy with their T650.

    I am not returning my T650 because I really do need the better screen and bluetooth, but I am extremely unhappy with it, and I don't think it's a dependable device, but it's the only one that gets close to what I need to do with a phone. On the other hand, I was extremely happy with my T600 even with its shortcomings. If there was a new version of the T600 that added the high-res screen, the BT and nothing more I would send the T650 back in an instant.
    So, the fact that I didn't return the T650 doesn't mean I am happy with it, and I still wish every minute that there was another option so I could send this god awful phone back to PalmOne.
    okay. but that's not what the poll is about. you're welcome to create a poll to gauge precisely what your grievance is.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Nah... however, you are approaching:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...es/biggrin.gif
    approaching, maybe. there, no. but your point is understood.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  11. #51  
    now Paul, we know the only people playing the sucker are those buying a 650 before all the bugs are worked out....

    ;-)
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    18 years huh?

    1986?

    And I invented the Internet. I've been online for 35 years, Mainly chatting with my good friend, BRAINIAC.
  13. #53  
    sigh. make your own poll then. this is a snapshot. it's a perfectly valid form of gathering metrics. in a few months, an identical poll will give a snapshot further into the maturation of the product.

    jesus. relax. again, make your own $#@ poll.


    whatever you say.


    that's true. it's an imperfect poll. i'll leave creating the perfect poll to you.


    That kind of language is simply shocking.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    and we all bow down to your anonymous self. strangely, i didn't say "i've been on the internet longer than anyone else in the world, nyah nyah nyah". i'm glad you've been emailing since before 1980.

    i'm 45. i'm supposed to be old and wrinkled i suppose.

    How puerile.

    Back to the topic of the original post, if you don't mind:

    As of 10:15 P.M. EST December 5, based on your poll, 39% (47/120) of phones received by respondents have been returned!!! If this is in ANY way reflective of the general market, the Treo 650 is a disaster. And HTC was supposed to fix Palm's quality control problems??? Wow.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Zen_of_Palm
    How puerile.
    i agree.

    Back to the topic of the original post, if you don't mind:

    As of 10:15 P.M. EST December 5, based on your poll, 39% (47/120) of phones received by respondents have been returned!!! If this is in ANY way reflective of the general market, the Treo 650 is a disaster. And HTC was supposed to fix Palm's quality control problems??? Wow.
    you are inferring from the data that which cannot be gathered from the data.

    we do not know exactly why the treos are being returned. i tried slightly to correct for that with the 'returned and went back to old phone or whatever' question, as generally speaking, that indicates a dissatisfaction with the product, rather than a quality control problem as you infer. so the numbers are not as high as you are suggesting.

    on the other hand, even correcting for those, the numbers are high. again, this is one of the reasons i set a time limit on the poll. by generating a snapshot, just a few weeks after release, it can give us some indication of whether quality is improving or declining, although unfortunately this poll is too vague even to discern even that.

    no poll here at treocentral will provide any truly useful metrics. only data reported directly from palm regarding return rates along with reasons will have real probative value.

    oh well.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  16.    #56  
    oh, and of course there's the small problem that the poll is anonymous, which i failed to turn off when i set it up.

    any bozo could create any number of new temporary accounts strictly for the joy of posting data to the poll to push it one way or the other.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  17.    #57  
    speaking of which, i'd really like to know who has returned their T650 five times in the 18 days the T650 has been available.

    um. let's see. it was only available via direct shipment from sprint the first week. my understanding is that it's just started showing up in stores in the last few days. add in normal shipping - even with cross shipping - and you'll see that five times is, well, fictional.

    for that matter, the vote of three times is highly suspect.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  18. glenng's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #58  
    maybe it was already mentioned, but I feel that people who have NOT replaced their treo have a much greater inclination to not even click on this thread since seeing the word "Returns" does not pertain to them. However, it has the opposite psychological effect on someone who has returned their's.
  19. #59  
    The TREO 600 poll similar to this one turned out to be an accurate reflection of The Real World (the now-infamous "Epidemic Failure clauses" that were triggered that PalmOne noted in their Annual Report).

    I suspect THIS poll is also going to turn out to be an accurate reflection of Reality
    Last edited by ToolkiT; 12/06/2004 at 07:07 AM. Reason: removed personal attack
  20. #60  
    Has anyone simply called PalmOne and requested an RMA for the 650? I paid full price and was not a new subscriber, so I was wondering if PalmOne is giving anyone a hard time for wanting to return their phone.

    Thanks!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions