1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone -

I'm an experienced - but not a "super" user.

I just upgraded from the Treo 300. Like everyone else - I noticed the memory problem. I only have a few large applications - primarily Pocket Quicken, Vindago, Zagats and Adobe.

After reading some other posts - I downloaded and installed the Zlauncher trial file. And I moved a few applications over to my 256K Card and kept a short cut in the main window. I noticed that these applications take A LONG time to load up (like 5 to 10 seconds). If I move the entire application over (Icon and all), the applicatoin opens up a lot more quickly but I have to actually select the display to look on the card - really annoying!

I also don't like the theme that seems to come standard with ZLauncher. It is this ugly brown background. I wanted to get white/blue like the original Treo "desktop"

Can some advise how to configure the application/database files so I can view them in RAM - but perhaps the dbs stay on the card? Also, is there a way to get a less gross Zlauncher theme?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stormer
    Hi Everyone -

I'm an experienced - but not a "super" user.

I just upgraded from the Treo 300. Like everyone else - I noticed the memory problem. I only have a few large applications - primarily Pocket Quicken, Vindago, Zagats and Adobe.

After reading some other posts - I downloaded and installed the Zlauncher trial file. And I moved a few applications over to my 256K Card and kept a short cut in the main window. I noticed that these applications take A LONG time to load up (like 5 to 10 seconds). If I move the entire application over (Icon and all), the applicatoin opens up a lot more quickly but I have to actually select the display to look on the card - really annoying!

I also don't like the theme that seems to come standard with ZLauncher. It is this ugly brown background. I wanted to get white/blue like the original Treo "desktop"

Can some advise how to configure the application/database files so I can view them in RAM - but perhaps the dbs stay on the card? Also, is there a way to get a less gross Zlauncher theme?

Thanks
    I found similar problems with Zlauncher. Others will swear on it. I have to go to the card to see Zlauncher and then launch it every time I switch apps. It sounds to me that what you are looking for is this Power Run app that does what you need but leaves the screen theme the same.

It is attached. Costs less than ZLauncher.

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files
    it is also depends on what kind of card that you have. Some cards are much slower than others.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    it is also depends on what kind of card that you have. Some cards are much slower than others.
    That may be true, I was more focused on his dislike of the look and feel of the interface.

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    I found similar problems with Zlauncher. Others will swear on it. I have to go to the card to see Zlauncher and then launch it every time I switch apps. It sounds to me that what you are looking for is this Power Run app that does what you need but leaves the screen theme the same.

It is attached. Costs less than ZLauncher.

Eric
    From what I understand, Power Run doesn't move all of the associated databases to the card (which can be the real memory hogs).

Does anyone know if the latest version of Power Run moves .pdb files as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNamesRTaken
    From what I understand, Power Run doesn't move all of the associated databases to the card (which can be the real memory hogs).

Yeah, maybe not. I am not the expert, just saw someone talk about it yesterday and it sounded like it was similar to ZLauncher in that it would move files/apps and allow you to run them off card. Right now, I am not sure which one to use.

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNamesRTaken

Yes Powerrun moves all the associated databases as well. It also launches quicker and maintains the original look of the Palm OS
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    And you can run powerrun from the card!
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the PowerRun.

I installed it and it does maintain the Treo "look". However, it takes as long to run the large apps that I've transferred over to the card (Vindago, Zagats). A REAL bummer! Take 10+ seconds to load the Zagats. Tried moving "Application Only" but it wouldn't let me for Zagats since there were "too many databases"

Thoughts anyone?
    You need to look at getting an ultra or high speed SD card preferably in a 1GB version.