Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    palm1 should rethink doing the RS if they can't ship the orders quickly. if I were a busniess customer who had to make a decision I would go elsewhere.
    Recevied early AM 12/8:

Rob

We are shipping sales orders first before demo orders due to product
    constraint. I do not have enough product scheduled from palmOne yet to
    commit a delivery date to you. Once I get more info on delivery dates and
    quantities, I can give you a better indication of ship date.

Jeff
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo
    I think they are lying to get people to buy it. Any word on when the 9XX are shiping?
    Well, SOMETHING certainly smells!

I got an email last week from Jeff clearly stating that my order #624 should go out this week. NOW, he is contradicting what he told me.

I've emailed him (don't flame me!) for further clarification. I've offered to change my order to a purchase order and I also asked about overnight shipping.

K
    Just got the confirmation from Jeff that he misspoke last week when he suggested that my demo order would be filled this week.

I just changed my order to a PO.

They do not offer overnite shipping.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Just got the confirmation from Jeff that he misspoke last week when he suggested that my demo order would be filled this week.

I just changed my order to a PO.

They do not offer overnite shipping.

K
    Yes they did offer overnight shipping but must have stopped doing that because he probably is getting to many e-mail requesting it. I am certain he knows that we are talking about our orders here on TC, using us a viaduct to get the word out about what he is doing and not doing and what is shipping out and not shipping out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jruss78
    palm1 should rethink doing the RS if they can't ship the orders quickly. if I were a busniess customer who had to make a decision I would go elsewhere.
    SV has often argued that they are cash poor, that they live hand to mouth. Their vendors will not give them credit or build to spec. That is why they hype what they cannot deliver. That said, they seem careful to ration the supply so that Sprint PCS and their business customers get theirs ahead of everyone else.
    I am willing to bet that VC already has the GSM 650 but can not ship it yet because P1 has a contract with Sprint that no other carrier or even P1 or VC can sell it until the new year. This waiting game is driving me nuts.
    Any "business customer who had to make a decision" could have easily gone direct to Sprint (or their Sprint rep) and have had one the very day they were released (as many people here did) with a 15 day trial. If the decision were that important they wouldn't be worrying about waiting for one from VC to save $250. I think this oft repeated gripe is just whining from people anxious to get their discounted model (I can't blame them,but it's really an unfair complaint). Everyone has suddenly become a "decision maker" who needs it quickly so they can "decide" on buying 50 units . VC or PalmOne never said these "discounted models" were going to go out immediately upon release. In fact, initially all they were offering were 600's. Look at these as "thank you" gifts for attending the Roadshow. I don't think they ever mentioned them being available to attendees on any expedited schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by jruss78
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    was it a 600 or 650 charger
    600. Didnt notice at first was too excited about the Treo.
    I doubt that VC has any (though I have little doubt P1 does have 'em ready to go). VC hasn't even got enough released Sprint models to ship to those who ordered them so I can't see them having GSM's yet (I wish they did I wish they did http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif).
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    I am willing to bet that VC already has the GSM 650 but can not ship it yet because P1 has a contract with Sprint that no other carrier or even P1 or VC can sell it until the new year. This waiting game is driving me nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    Perhaps. However, that is at odds with my post right ahead of yours. It is also at odds with what happened on the 600. They committed 3 different dates to BLT and missed them all. The following is a message to me from Adam at GSM Phone Source, dated 6 Dec 2003

>I have some Cingular Treo 600 coming on Monday, these are factory unlocked
    >and only have Cingular startup and shutdown logos within software. There
    >are no logos on phone itself. If you are interested I can do a price of
    >649.99 plus shipping

On 8 Dec 2003, he wrote:

>If you would like one shipped today please use website and ill just adjust
    >the price

I took this offer. I placed the order on his web site at $749-, with no availability, but he delivered at $649. This sounds to me like they were managing a trickle, not an inventory.

I think I will send him a note re: a 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Perhaps. However, that is at odds with my post right ahead of yours. It is also at odds with what happened on the 600. They committed 3 different dates to BLT and missed them all. The following is a message to me from Adam at GSM Phone Source, dated 6 Dec 2003

>I have some Cingular Treo 600 coming on Monday, these are factory unlocked
    >and only have Cingular startup and shutdown logos within software. There
    >are no logos on phone itself. If you are interested I can do a price of
    >649.99 plus shipping

On 8 Dec 2003, he wrote:

>If you would like one shipped today please use website and ill just adjust
    >the price

I took this offer. I placed the order on his web site at $749-, with no availability, but he delivered at $649. This sounds to me like they were managing a trickle, not an inventory.

I think I will send him a note re: a 650.
    Keep us informed.
    I'm #478 and and no word yet but should hear something shortly...
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    #442 and I got it yesterday at noon.
    edoan... Just wanted to clarify you had received your phone yesterday and not just an email update???
    Mine and my wife's (c. 430) shipped today and will be here tomorrow. (cdma of course)
    I received my CDMA 650 today. However, I never got a shipping slip along w/ the package. I need some sort of official receipt for reimbursement purposes. I doubt my emails from VC will suffice.

Did anyone receive a shipping slip w/ their VC shipments? Thanks.
    Anyone in the #600+ range hear anything concrete yet?

Thanks!

A
    Got the email today. #511
    I got order #636......nothing yet and I'm outta town...DAMMM!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast