Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango
    I thought you had an incorrect tracking number like me. I e-mailed Jeff about it on Saturday and he never responded.
    I did have an incorrect tracking number, but I emailed him for the right one. He responded after about 6 hours. I was hoping that the package would have arrived and I wouldn't need the number, but since they actually shipped yesterday, the number helps.
    I think they are all demos. I ordered one to buy and they said in the confirmation email that it is a demo. No difference anyway. I don't think they have refurbished ones yet! Order no 71. UPS said delivery on 12-9. It is already close to my town in CA. No sales tax for me. Just $359.-- great deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChrigel
    I think they are all demos. I ordered one to buy and they said in the confirmation email that it is a demo. No difference anyway.
    The difference is that with the demo plan you don't have to PAY for the phone for 30 days. Also, with the demo plan you may get a slightly used phone (although, should you decide to buy, they will send you a new one)

K
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChrigel
    I think they are all demos. I ordered one to buy and they said in the confirmation email that it is a demo. No difference anyway. I don't think they have refurbished ones yet! Order no 71. UPS said delivery on 12-9. It is already close to my town in CA. No sales tax for me. Just $359.-- great deal.
    I ordered for purchase, and my confirmation email said nothing about demo.

Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    The difference is that with the demo plan you don't have to PAY for the phone for 30 days. Also, with the demo plan you may get a slightly used phone (although, should you decide to buy, they will send you a new one)
    The other difference is that at the DC road show Palm made it clear there were a limited number of demo units, and you might have to wait for those units to circulate through demo customers ahead of you. The first round of demo customers may get theirs fairly soon, but I think demo customers from the later shows are going to wait a long time.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    STATUS - NYC Roadshow SPCS 650 purchase # 869 sollicited email from Jeff who responded next business day (today):

We hope to ship within two weeks some time depending on when inventory arrives to us.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    ... the DC road show Palm made it clear there were a limited number of demo units, and you might have to wait for those units to circulate through demo customers ahead of you.
    WOW, now that is new information.

There was no mention of that at the Chicago show. I ordered the demo just because...why not? There didn't seem to be any cons and why not postpone a $400 charge past the holidays???

K
    WOW, now that is new information.

There was no mention of that at the Chicago show. I ordered the demo just because...why not? There didn't seem to be any cons and why not postpone a $400 charge past the holidays???

K
    No mention of that in Boston either. My logic was exactly the same as yours as to why to go with the demo.

They did say that demo orders would be filled with either new or demo units. Never that demo customers would wait...

Hopefully that did not change...Your confirmation looked good anyway, you should not have anything to worry about...

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Jeff replied to my question regarding my demo order as follows :

"You will likely get a new demo unit and then buy the unit if you are satisfied with it. We would not send out a replacement if the original is new."

So it seems that "demo unit" is just a term regarding the type of order you put in, not necessarily whether or not the unit is actually used or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecccc
    Jeff replied to my question regarding my demo order as follows :

"You will likely get a new demo unit and then buy the unit if you are satisfied with it. We would not send out a replacement if the original is new."

So it seems that "demo unit" is just a term regarding the type of order you put in, not necessarily whether or not the unit is actually used or not.
    Good info. The trial option makes even more sense with that.

I would love to get shipping confirmation this week.
    -rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I opted for the demo plan.

I am order #624 and got an email from Jeff last week saying that he anticipated my order going out toward the end of THIS WEEK. Now, that information tells me that the demos are, INDEED, shipping right in line with the purchases.

Is there anyone who ordered a demo and got skipped?

K
    I'm order 492 and haven't received anything on the demo i ordered. Hopefully mine will go out by the end of this week too.
    11:13 A.M. DELIVERY
    I'm going home for lunch today. I'll see if it's a full retail box or OEM...
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong
    Mine was rescheduled for delivery on the 10th.

Maybe it really will get here this week. I'm hoping for no defects in this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong
    It comes as the full retail version, sealed box and all. There was a car charger shipped with it (outside of the box, no car charger in the box). Unfortunately, they shipped me a Treo 600 car charger. I already have two of those...
    Yeehaw! Love TExas. . . just got it: retail box and car charger. forget what others are saying this treo is awesome!!!
    Just spoke with Vienna Channels. They shipped out all Treo 600 car chargers as freebies, but didn't realize it. They don't have Treo 650 chargers yet in stock, so you won't be able to get one until they receive them, if they decide to swap them out. They recommended I go to the Sprint store to try to swap it out, but if not, I'll pass by VC's office to swap it later.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Wife notified me before UPS did. 366. UPS still shows manifest rx, unless I can't figure out how to get actual tracking info updated. So today seems to be a short workday, feel like I'm coming down with something....
    Haha! I received a new Treo 650 from VC and a Treo 600 car charger. Greatness.

Cheers,
    Shlee
    Guys--Following this thread--attended the Boston show. Jeff @ VC emailed me back to inform me that my unit (Demo, T650) will ship this Friday
    Gary, what range was your order #?

Thanks.

A
    Got mine today. Thanks Jeff.

Attended Dallas Roadshow. Order number four-twenty-something. Delivered to Austin, TX
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast