Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    I wondered the same thing myself. Here is text from the email I received after registering:

Dear Ed,

Thank you for registering to attend the afternoon session of the palmOne Mobile Solutions Road Show in New York, NY on 11/16/2004.

If you wish to review and/or edit your registration .

We look forward to sharing information with you on how Treo Smartphones can integrate communication and information, improve productivity within your organization, and grow with your organization's needs beyond email to include mobile access to other corporate data.

As a special bonus for attending this conference, you will learn how you can earn a 50% discount on a Treo Smartphone.
    For further details/directions, please visit http://www.treoroadshow.com/information.asp. Please be sure to bookmark this page and check back periodically as details are subject to change.

We will see you at the show.

Warm regards,

The palmOne Road Show Team
    Maybe the MSRP is $699 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I wondered the same thing myself. Here is text from the email I received after registering:

As a special bonus for attending this conference, you will learn how you can earn a 50% discount on a Treo Smartphone.
    For further details/directions, please visit http://www.treoroadshow.com/information.asp.
    Right you are. Except they didn't specify WHICH Treo smartphone you could get a 50% off, so as far as they are concerned you are getting a 50%, ...if you purchase a Treo 600.
    These marketing people never ceases to amaze me. I wonder if this goes in front of a judge, which side would win?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    Right you are. Except they didn't specify WHICH Treo smartphone you could get a 50% off, so as far as they are concerned you are getting a 50%, ...if you purchase a Treo 600.
    Great got the tracking number NYC show order number 91*.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Just learned the reason why the UPS confirmation # that VC sent me last Thur is not valid: UPS has not picked it up yet. It's been sitting there at VC for 4 days. VC says UPS should pick it up this afternoon. This waiting is really wearing thin on me.
    Just Think How You would feel if You were waiting for GSM...
    I would swallow a bunch of Prozac's.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Just Think How You would feel if You were waiting for GSM...
    the 50% was for the 600, the 650 was added later, but not for the 50$ price break.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by satyric
    I don't recall a "50%" number anywhere... just that it would be available for $350.
    yeah, I never heard 50% off either, $350 is what I understood it would be all along.
    The 50% email came to me shortly before the Nov NY show (~11/2) when I registered which was well after the 650's were made available to attendees at the earlier shows. The email never stated it was for the 600 and not the 650 however the 650's were always listed at $350 when they first became available. The email was never changed to reflect the 2 different prices. I really don't care about the $50, but it was a point asked and answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    the 50% was for the 600, the 650 was added later, but not for the 50$ price break.
    Did you save a copy of the email you received when you registered (I posted a cut and paste of my email a couple messages back which clearly stated 50%). I did hear from others at the earlier shows that the price would be $350 despite what the email said so it wasn't unexpected. Frankly, I'd pay $450 right now if I could get a GSM model.
    Quote Originally Posted by plemieux
    yeah, I never heard 50% off either, $350 is what I understood it would be all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Frankly, I'd pay $450 right now if I could get a GSM model.
    I hear these guys are selling GSM 650 unlocked:
    http://www.somethingawful.com/fake/u...Document1.html
    HA! I just ordered a GSM Treo 695.23 from them (unlocked). But wait! There's more! You get to chose a free MBA from the school of your choice!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    I hear these guys are selling GSM 650 unlocked:
    http://www.somethingawful.com/fake/u...Document1.html
    Vienna Channels Order Confirmation

========= GENERAL INFORMATION =========

Merchant : Vienna Channel Management, Ltd.
    Date/Time : 03-Jan-2005 06:44:57 PM

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========
    Invoice : 981
    Description : TREO 650
    Amount : 359.00 (USD)
    Payment Method : MasterCard

Wife's CC will not get appoved, (no dough in acct right now) though.
    Does anyone know if they will take another card # after ordering? They should right?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCaterer
    Vienna Channels Order Confirmation

Date/Time : 03-Jan-2005 06:44:57 PM

Invoice : 981
    Description : TREO 650
    Payment Method : MasterCard

Wife's CC will not get appoved, (no dough in acct right now) though.
    Does anyone know if they will take another card # after ordering? They should right?
    I would hope so, since it was a month and 1/2 ago.
    #125x can't be far now. Maybe only 100 Sprint orders to go.
    Order #949 ships tomorrow, after finally managing to get them to accept my credit card.
    Last edited by GregV; 01/03/2005 at 09:29 PM.
    Whoo Hoo!

Date/Time : 03-Jan-2005 09:54:26 PM

Invoice : 1037
    Description : TREO650
    Payment Method : Visa
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    100x Shipped.
    This is what Jeff sent me on my question about my GSM order #113x:

Quote:
    No update yet from palmOne. We hope to begin getting GSM devices from
    palmOne toward the end of this month. Yours will likely ship some time in
    February.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by dpuza
    After this mess, I get the feeling that PalmOne is not going to be offering this "program" again in the future (when the next edition of the Treo is released), rather than rethinking the program to make it run smoother.

Say goodbye to any kind of customer loyalty program when the Treo 700 fixes (we would hope) the problems inherent to the Treo 650. (Well, we would hope for improvements but that may be too much to ask for!) Those who purchased the Treo 650, bugs and all, will get to have this fun all over again in about a year or less from now, and at full price no less.

In all honesty, I think we partially brought this mess on ourselves... think about it... Palmone put on the roadshow for these people:

"I'm trying to run a business here. I've heard a little about this Treo from Palmone, but I'd like to learn more. What can it do for my business?"

NOT for these people:

"I'm a Treo geek that has been waiting impatiently for the release of the "ACE". I want to buy the new Treo as soon as it becomes available, and I want to buy it at a discounted price!"

Come on, stop fooling ourselves. For all the claims to be "decision makers", I'm sure the majority of the people that caused this shortage just wanted a discount. We are partially responsible (by somewhat "taking advantage of" this "program") for this situation.

Someone had to say it.
    I think I sorta did, in post #474... quoting:

I spent a lot of time with Joe at the Chicago roadshow. He's a real nice guy--go easy on him. I'm certain when pa1mOne launched this program they didn't count on every Tom, ****, and Harry who surfs TC coming to get their discounted 650's. It's nice so many showed interest and excitement, but most did come for the discount. It's simple--either the wait is worth the savings, or go buy one at retail and sell the discounted one to make up the difference when it arrives.

All this bi***ing and talk of class action suits is ludicrous. Please, spare us... I'm on the slow GSM boat, so I'm not just preaching from on high as I use my 650, either.

Todd/Indy