Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Was your message from ViennaChannels a reply to an inquiry, or something they just out of the blue sent to you? I am in the same boat as you, order #12** from the DC roadshow, unit ordred on 11/18. It would be helpful if VC updated their website to reflect the updated order statuses.

CGordonn
    It was in response to my inquiry--two responses as a matter of fact -- fast, courteous and informative -- on Sunday the day after New Year's Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Here is the explanation I Got from Joe Fabris the Palm one rep thats running this Program

With regard to the Try a Treo program, there will be a mail coming out today/tomorrow with status and saying some of this again, but the deal is that the Try a Treo program is a program and not a store. I have a limited number of units in the program pool and they get recycled and replaced as people either return the units or pay for them. We lose money on this program. It is not a store.
    The Sprint stores have units because they are a store and they make money on the sale of the Treo.

I tried to be very specific at the Roadshow and say "This is not a store" and "If you want a Treo quickly, go to the store" and "You will be in a queue like a Netflix movie".

I do apologize that this is slow. I have more units on order, but again, the Sprint Stores have priority on units and my program has to wait it's turn.

Yours,

Joe
    First off I am not doing the Treo demo, I bought it through VC and if I get a used demo unit it will be going back as I did the purchase option.

Apparently everyone is higher priority than VC, because I could go to my local Best Buy and pay $650 for a new 650. PalmOne is just shorting the people from the Roadshow.

If I were demo'ing for a company, I would have written off the 650 already because businesses don't have time to wait, and most probably had "spare" money around to buy before the end December.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    Same here I'm 86x from NYC and I haven't got any emails from Vienna recently. I checked spam folders and what not. Still no joy
    Woot, just got the email. 856.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I agree 100%! The majority of the folks I saw at the roadshow were there for the discount. Heck, so was I - which is why I haven't complained at all about the delays. I suspected I'd be the last to get one - and for $250 off this thing could stretch into March for all I care (so long as my card isn't charged until then of course!). I agree that this wasn't the best way of handling the program, and I certainly empathize for those who were truly there for business purposes and have had to wait all this time to get a unit for T&E - but for the rest who were there solely for a discount - suck it up or pay full price! Another thing - while I respect early adopters and palm fanatics, the fact that we go about and buy these things the minute they are released, does not IMO warrant special treatment from any manufacturer, particularly one as large as P1. From my local sushi restaurant or dry cleaner, perhaps - but I don't really expect much in terms of loyalty from any company the size of P1. Certainly they recognize the value of return users to their bottom line, and I'm sure in some way or the other they extend special incentives to return customers. But let's face it - Palm is in business to make money. The fact that they botched this entire thing (from the problems plaguing the unit to the roadshow) will undoubtedly cost them a few users - but I'm sure they gained more just from the appearance of the 600 in a rap video. Frankly, I'd be very surprised if they did this roadshow thing again, and even more surprised if vienna channel touches it with a 2-mile stick! There will almost always be new customers waiting to take the place of those who jump ship. Forums such as these allow us to voice our discontent when they screw something up, such as the quality of the product, and forces the company to own up to the mistake and create fixes, but lamenting about a delay in receiving a steeply discounted phone - can't say I'm heart broken for any of us on that one. And this from a guy who's number 13xx!

Quote Originally Posted by dpuza
    After this mess, I get the feeling that PalmOne is not going to be offering this "program" again in the future (when the next edition of the Treo is released), rather than rethinking the program to make it run smoother.

Say goodbye to any kind of customer loyalty program when the Treo 700 fixes (we would hope) the problems inherent to the Treo 650. (Well, we would hope for improvements but that may be too much to ask for!) Those who purchased the Treo 650, bugs and all, will get to have this fun all over again in about a year or less from now, and at full price no less.

In all honesty, I think we partially brought this mess on ourselves... think about it... Palmone put on the roadshow for these people:

"I'm trying to run a business here. I've heard a little about this Treo from Palmone, but I'd like to learn more. What can it do for my business?"

NOT for these people:

"I'm a Treo geek that has been waiting impatiently for the release of the "ACE". I want to buy the new Treo as soon as it becomes available, and I want to buy it at a discounted price!"

Come on, stop fooling ourselves. For all the claims to be "decision makers", I'm sure the majority of the people that caused this shortage just wanted a discount. We are partially responsible (by somewhat "taking advantage of" this "program") for this situation.

Someone had to say it.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    This is just a thought that I've been wondering about for a while:

Are those that have been waiting for VC shipments going to be able to take part in the 128 MB SD card offer? (http://web.palmone.com/support/sd.jhtml)
    This is a concern of mine as well. While a 128 MB SD is a pitiful gesture, and I would only use it for my digital camera if the 256 MB card was full, I still bought the Treo through VC before the memory issues was known. I shouldn't be deprived the 128 MB offer because PalmOne did not supply VC with the proper equipment and it took VC 2+ months (I hope it won't be that long) to deliver me my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    This is a concern of mine as well. While a 128 MB SD is a pitiful gesture, and I would only use it for my digital camera if the 256 MB card was full, I still bought the Treo through VC before the memory issues was known. I shouldn't be deprived the 128 MB offer because PalmOne did not supply VC with the proper equipment and it took VC 2+ months (I hope it won't be that long) to deliver me my 650.
    The 128 MB SD card is for anyone who has a treo, it does not matter where you get it from. All you need to have is a s/n and a number from the back of the cd sleeve. I got my 128MB SD card and they did not even ask me where I bought it from.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2
    The 128 MB SD card is for anyone who has a treo, it does not matter where you get it from. All you need to have is a s/n and a number from the back of the cd sleeve. I got my 128MB SD card and they did not even ask me where I bought it from.
    I think the question is that the SD card offer is "while supplies last." It's taking so long to get these VC orders out that people are concerned the supplies may be gone by the time they get their 650.

Personally, the 128MB card is so close to worthless I won't be too upset if I don't get one.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    NYC Road Show Sprint purchase - order # 869 - I just received email from Jeff with my UPS tracking number along with this note!!!

<<...we anticipate arrival of your order at your office on or before January 7, 2005>>
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    First off I am not doing the Treo demo, I bought it through VC and if I get a used demo unit it will be going back as I did the purchase option.

Apparently everyone is higher priority than VC, because I could go to my local Best Buy and pay $650 for a new 650. PalmOne is just shorting the people from the Roadshow.

If I were demo'ing for a company, I would have written off the 650 already because businesses don't have time to wait, and most probably had "spare" money around to buy before the end December.
    I To am purchasing (GSM) , For a Company We have moved on to testing Blackberry & the SX66 Cant wait forever and wont go back to the 600's they were great data machines but terrible phones...
    Keep up the updates with your #s. I'm CDMA order number 138x, so I have a while to go!
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    i'm 126x and getting anxious! Jeff had told me via email to expect it ~jan, so here we go! i'm actually planning on wiping out my windows 2000 laptop (and its oracle and the 5000 pieces of software loaded on it) with winxp pro when it arrives -- that way there will be noconfusion with my old backups, palm desktop version, etc.
    LMAO .. I posted the same thing a few hundred messages back in one of these threads when everyone claimed they were "decision makers." Needless to say I got jumped on for my heresy.
    NOT for these people:

"I'm a Treo geek that has been waiting impatiently for the release of the "ACE". I want to buy the new Treo as soon as it becomes available, and I want to buy it at a discounted price!"

Come on, stop fooling ourselves. For all the claims to be "decision makers", I'm sure the majority of the people that caused this shortage just wanted a discount. We are partially responsible (by somewhat "taking advantage of" this "program") for this situation.

Someone had to say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    Keep up the updates with your #s. I'm CDMA order number 138x, so I have a while to go!
    Did you attend the Chicago roadshow? If so, why did you place your order so late? I was sub 500.
    Yup, I went to the chicago show. I had this opinion that "If they wern't shipping, I wasn't going to place the order.. at least until the last possible moment." So I did place the order at the last moment, waiting to find out when they'd be shipping. I should had just done it.. like everyone else
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    Yup, I went to the chicago show. I had this opinion that "If they wern't shipping, I wasn't going to place the order.. at least until the last possible moment." So I did place the order at the last moment, waiting to find out when they'd be shipping. I should had just done it.. like everyone else
    OMG.... You had nothing to lose by ordering it ASAP through VC. Oh well..... I got mine from VC for about a month now and it's workedout great. New p1 user and lovin' it.
    Just learned the reason why the UPS confirmation # that VC sent me last Thur is not valid: UPS has not picked it up yet. It's been sitting there at VC for 4 days. VC says UPS should pick it up this afternoon. This waiting is really wearing thin on me.
    As I recall, the roadshow promotion is 50% off on a Treo 650. My credit card was charged $359. Assuming the shipping is $10, the Treo cost me $349. At 100% the Treo 650 should ber $698. Have you seen a retail price of $698 for a Treo 650 anywhere? How did PO come up with 50% off = $349 ?????????????
    Where did you come up with 50% off? Perhaps you're thinking of the 600, which was available from VC for $249.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    As I recall, the roadshow promotion is 50% off on a Treo 650. My credit card was charged $359. Assuming the shipping is $10, the Treo cost me $349. At 100% the Treo 650 should ber $698. Have you seen a retail price of $698 for a Treo 650 anywhere? How did PO come up with 50% off = $349 ?????????????
    I don't recall a "50%" number anywhere... just that it would be available for $350.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    Order #856 just got my UPS tracking number. Expected arrival - by Friday.