Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    I'm right around 800, and got a tracking number on Thursday afternoon.
    Well, my order is #13**. Looks like I'll be getting mine, just in time for my birthday. Which is June 12. Can't wait.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Folks, I have the confirmation e-mail from Jeff but damned if I can find my order number. Any hints on how to retrieve it? I'm loathe to inundate Jeff with more e-mail. I was at the 2nd NYC roadshow.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    Folks, I have the confirmation e-mail from Jeff but damned if I can find my order number. Any hints on how to retrieve it? I'm loathe to inundate Jeff with more e-mail. I was at the 2nd NYC roadshow.
    Mine was in an email with the subject "palmOne Mobile Solutions Roadshow Order Confirmation".

It had a section like:

Confirmation of Order Number *** 1541 *** <<<--- Order number
    Order Date: November 30, 2004

Quantity Product
    1 TREO 650 Sprint PCS

I missed the order number the first time I saw the email too.
    Sprint #12** Washington Roadshow. From ViennaChannels email today -- 200 units will ship this week -- probably won't reach my number -- waiting for next shipment of inventory from Palm One -- expect mine in third or fourth week of January.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesjgross
    Sprint #12** Washington Roadshow. From ViennaChannels email today -- 200 units will ship this week -- probably won't reach my number -- waiting for next shipment of inventory from Palm One -- expect mine in third or fourth week of January.
    Was your message from ViennaChannels a reply to an inquiry, or something they just out of the blue sent to you? I am in the same boat as you, order #12** from the DC roadshow, unit ordred on 11/18. It would be helpful if VC updated their website to reflect the updated order statuses.

CGordonn
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    just got notification for order #88x

Vienna Channels Order Confirmation

========= GENERAL INFORMATION =========

Merchant : Vienna Channel Management, Ltd.
    Date/Time : 02-Jan-2005 07:34:26 PM

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========
    Invoice : 88x
    Description : TREO650
    Amount : 359.00 (USD)
    Payment Method : MasterCard
    NYC Road Show Sprint, purchase, order # 869, got unsollicited order confirmation email. No tracking number mentioned. It also does not mention when it will ship however I think it's getting close!!
    NC Roadshow, order 10XX, e-mailed Jeff - he stated most likely shipped this week. Keeping fingers crossed...

Matt
    Well I just went into the Best Buy on Saturday and the sign at the door stated that they had Treo 650s in stock. Sure enough went over and got to play with one for a few minutes. Now the fact that you can get these from Best Buy now, and all of the Sprint 650s have not been fulfilled from VC is just another load of PalmOne crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    Well I just went into the Best Buy on Saturday and the sign at the door stated that they had Treo 650s in stock. Sure enough went over and got to play with one for a few minutes. Now the fact that you can get these from Best Buy now, and all of the Sprint 650s have not been fulfilled from VC is just another load of PalmOne crap.
    Here is the explanation I Got from Joe Fabris the Palm one rep thats running this Program

With regard to the Try a Treo program, there will be a mail coming out today/tomorrow with status and saying some of this again, but the deal is that the Try a Treo program is a program and not a store. I have a limited number of units in the program pool and they get recycled and replaced as people either return the units or pay for them. We lose money on this program. It is not a store.
    The Sprint stores have units because they are a store and they make money on the sale of the Treo.

I tried to be very specific at the Roadshow and say "This is not a store" and "If you want a Treo quickly, go to the store" and "You will be in a queue like a Netflix movie".

I do apologize that this is slow. I have more units on order, but again, the Sprint Stores have priority on units and my program has to wait it's turn.

Yours,

Joe
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    This is just a thought that I've been wondering about for a while:

Are those that have been waiting for VC shipments going to be able to take part in the 128 MB SD card offer? (http://web.palmone.com/support/sd.jhtml)

Granted, the offer is a pathetic attempt at a "solution" to poor product design. The only reason I even care at all with a 1GB SD card sitting in my Treo memory slot is because I guess I could use the thing in my digital camera.

There is one key phrase in the SD card offer that scares me: "Offer valid while supplies last." Given the painful history with 'supply', VC being the most prominent in our memory, what are the chances that we get jerked around on this as well?

My intuition is that I have nothing to worry about. But that phrase... think about it...

(with all this waiting for my order to ship, I've been reduced to actually speculating on things like this... )
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    It would be helpful if VC updated their website to reflect the updated order statuses.

CGordonn
    Come on cut VC some slack, everyone Knows its Extremly difficult to update one Page in a website...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Here is the explanation I Got from Joe Fabris the Palm one rep thats running this Program

With regard to the Try a Treo program, there will be a mail coming out today/tomorrow with status and saying some of this again, but the deal is that the Try a Treo program is a program and not a store. I have a limited number of units in the program pool and they get recycled and replaced as people either return the units or pay for them. We lose money on this program. It is not a store.
    The Sprint stores have units because they are a store and they make money on the sale of the Treo.

I tried to be very specific at the Roadshow and say "This is not a store" and "If you want a Treo quickly, go to the store" and "You will be in a queue like a Netflix movie".

I do apologize that this is slow. I have more units on order, but again, the Sprint Stores have priority on units and my program has to wait it's turn.

Yours,

Joe
    After this mess, I get the feeling that PalmOne is not going to be offering this "program" again in the future (when the next edition of the Treo is released), rather than rethinking the program to make it run smoother.

Say goodbye to any kind of customer loyalty program when the Treo 700 fixes (we would hope) the problems inherent to the Treo 650. (Well, we would hope for improvements but that may be too much to ask for!) Those who purchased the Treo 650, bugs and all, will get to have this fun all over again in about a year or less from now, and at full price no less.

In all honesty, I think we partially brought this mess on ourselves... think about it... Palmone put on the roadshow for these people:

"I'm trying to run a business here. I've heard a little about this Treo from Palmone, but I'd like to learn more. What can it do for my business?"

NOT for these people:

"I'm a Treo geek that has been waiting impatiently for the release of the "ACE". I want to buy the new Treo as soon as it becomes available, and I want to buy it at a discounted price!"

Come on, stop fooling ourselves. For all the claims to be "decision makers", I'm sure the majority of the people that caused this shortage just wanted a discount. We are partially responsible (by somewhat "taking advantage of" this "program") for this situation.

Someone had to say it.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Come on cut VC some slack, everyone Knows its Extremly difficult to update one Page in a website...
    Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpuza
    ........Are those that have been waiting for VC shipments going to be able to take part in the 128 MB SD card offer? (http://web.palmone.com/support/sd.jhtml)......
    Not to worry. According to the PCMall catalog I got before Christmas, they are only worth $7-.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Not to worry. According to the PCMall catalog I got before Christmas, they are only worth $7-.
    Lol. Thanks for the reassurance.

And thank you PalmOne!

(my memory shortage problems are SOLVED!!!)
    Notified on order 94x

Vienna Channels Order Confirmation

========= GENERAL INFORMATION =========

Merchant : Vienna Channel Management, Ltd.
    Date/Time : 02-Jan-2005 08:31:46 PM

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========
    Invoice : 94x
    Description : TREO 650
    Amount : 359.00 (USD)
    Payment Method : MasterCard
    Quote Originally Posted by plemieux
    I am order 869 from NYC roadshow Sprint purchase... still no e-mail from Jeff. Was yours a solicited e-mail?
    Same here I'm 86x from NYC and I haven't got any emails from Vienna recently. I checked spam folders and what not. Still no joy
    "Not for these people...." is short sighted. We all would want a discount if available. Would a business want a discount? You bet! Don't forget we early adopters and afficionados are the ambassadors and UNPAID marketing/ sales force for PO. I myself am responsible for showing the 600 to quite a few folks who eventually bought one on my recommendation. If PO lose me as a customer, they did not lose just one customer.

Quote Originally Posted by dpuza
    After this mess, I get the feeling that PalmOne is not going to be offering this "program" again in the future (when the next edition of the Treo is released), rather than rethinking the program to make it run smoother.

Say goodbye to any kind of customer loyalty program when the Treo 700 fixes (we would hope) the problems inherent to the Treo 650. (Well, we would hope for improvements but that may be too much to ask for!) Those who purchased the Treo 650, bugs and all, will get to have this fun all over again in about a year or less from now, and at full price no less.

In all honesty, I think we partially brought this mess on ourselves... think about it... Palmone put on the roadshow for these people:

"I'm trying to run a business here. I've heard a little about this Treo from Palmone, but I'd like to learn more. What can it do for my business?"

NOT for these people:

"I'm a Treo geek that has been waiting impatiently for the release of the "ACE". I want to buy the new Treo as soon as it becomes available, and I want to buy it at a discounted price!"

Come on, stop fooling ourselves. For all the claims to be "decision makers", I'm sure the majority of the people that caused this shortage just wanted a discount. We are partially responsible (by somewhat "taking advantage of" this "program") for this situation.

Someone had to say it.