Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    The short answer is that to get the rebate, you must buy direct from Sprint or from their stores. Two options:

1. Try anway and be persistant if they say no because it DOESN'T say in their literature you can't
    2. Buy a unit from sprint with the $150 rebate and sell the roadshow unit on E-Bay. You'll get close to a final figure of $200...if you're lucky.
    Unless they changed the terms, you do not have to buy it only from Sprint to receive the rebate. I purchased my Treo 600 from Amazon and received the $150 Sprint rebate with no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    If the "corporate guy" who needed 1200 phones was too cheap to walk into a Sprint store 3 weeks ago and walk out with one unit for demo for the extra $250 he's in the wrong business. I think those types of volume buyers would be in direct talks with Sprint and not wasting time redeeming a coupon to save $250. I still think the show drew 80% discount hunters and 20% "small quantity" prospects.

You have no idea how things work in the corporate world.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by HerbertKornfeld
    Has anyone with a VC Treo 650 tried to get a new-user rebate from Sprint? Were you successful?

My understanding is that new Sprint customers are eligible for a $150 rebate when they sign up for a two year contract. So that would make the total Treo price $350 - $150 = $200.

Here are links to pages 1 and 2 of the Sprint rebate form. The small print on page 2 describes who is not eligible (no corporate customers, for example), but it seems that a Treo from VC could get the discount:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...9.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...0.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Waiting on my Vienna Channels order #12xx for a Sprint Treo 650...

HK

I got it!

I opted for the one year contract renewal and a $100 rebate. I didn't have to persist, I simply called and said :
    "I am an existing customer who's contract is up. I want to activate a new 650 and renew for a year qualifying me for the $100 rebate".

I said it like I knew what I was talking about and I met absolutely no resistance. Effectively, after all expenses were paid for my trip to the Chicago roadshow , I paid a mere $90 for my 650. (including the $200 I got for the sale of my Treo 600)

K
    Last edited by nchargreed; 12/22/2004 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    Anyone noticed how it first aquired GSM logo, and then a christmas hat. I'm anxious to see what he'll come up with tomorrow...
    Woot, he added a dancing Treo in hat! I bet tomorrow he runs out of ideas, though....
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    You have no idea how things work in the corporate world.

-rob
    Well if by that you mean that in corporate world you have to go through 5 budget revisions and 2 comittees to approve a desk lamp, then yes
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    I got it!

I opted for the one year contract renewal and a $100 rebate. I didn't have to persist, I simply called and said :
    "I am an existing customer who's contract is up. I want to activate a new 650 and renew for a year qualifying me for the $100 rebate".

I said it like I knew what I was talking about and I met absolutely no resistance. Effectively, after all expenses were paid for my trip to the Chicago roadshow , I paid a mere $90 for my 650. (including the $200 I got for the sale of my Treo 600)

K
    Thanks, that's good news.

I just emailed Jeff today to change my order from demo to purchase. I also asked when I could expect to receive my order (#12xx for a Sprint Treo 650). His response included the following:

I do not think the next order of 200 units we expect in at the start of the year will cover your order position. My GUESS then is 3rd week of January, but that date could slip if shipments don't come in faster from palmOne to us for fulfillment.
    I ordered in mid November so the wait will be over 2 months! I hope that my thee year old Nokia will live that long...

HK
    Sorry if this isn't news, I didn't want to skim the hundreds of messages to see if this is dup info and a search for "warranty" didn't bring it up....

I had to take my VC aquired Treo 650 to the Sprint store because it stopped functioning (it was actually my fault, but no obvious abuse/damage). When it came time for the rep to process the exchange, he had issues processing it because it had never been in Sprint's inventory. He was about to have to make me go through PalmOne before he argued with aparently picky techs that it should fall under the holiday return policy and I was set. He said there was some sort of incentive/reason for the techs to not mess with inventory issues.

At any rate, if you need tech support, you may want to contact PalmOne first instead of wasting time traveling to a Sprint store. If anyone has had a different experience please post. And sorry to all of you who still have to wait for yours having to read this. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/redface.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    Well if by that you mean that in corporate world you have to go through 5 budget revisions and 2 comittees to approve a desk lamp, then yes
    So you do!!!

People dont understand (outside of you) that you don't just get something approved and then change all of the logistics and run down to a sprint store and wait in line on your lunch break to get one.

You wait it out, take note-and never do business with the vendor again.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I knows its not viena's fault but, If they would have told me when i went to the show, it COULD take up to mid january to get the treo, I would not have place that order, or at least would place it just to sell it when i get it. And would have bought one from the sprint store with the 150 discount. If they cant guarantee the dates dont tell me two weeks then 4 more weeks, and then again another 2-4 weeks. They could have been more realistic with the dates. If they dont know for sure dont tell your customers next week!!!!!!!!!!! I know they blame palm but they are both at fault, one for not shipping it and the other for making promises.
    Amen elbombillo2

If I had know it would go from 2 - 4 weeks from my order date (11/16) to late December to early January to what it is now, late January, I never would've ordered through the roadshow promotion
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj
    Amen elbombillo2

If I had know it would go from 2 - 4 weeks from my order date (11/16) to late December to early January to what it is now, late January, I never would've ordered through the roadshow promotion
    It's never too late to cancel if you feel this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    It's never too late to cancel if you feel this way.

1+ month into this i'm not going to cancel because I still believe palm owes us all an apology. And check what I said, I said if i knew about this ahead of time i wouldnt have ordered. I didn't say anything about now that i know this I will cancel my order and pay more through Sprint.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Update from Vienna:

Dear Road Show-er

Thanks again for attending the Treo Mobility Roadshow. This is Joe from palmOne. Iím writing to give you more information on the ďTry a TreoĒ program that you signed up for. I want to highlight what I said at the Roadshow Ė this is not a store, but a program, with some limitations.

First status, followed by the backstory

So where are we Ė

CDMA world: we have hundreds of Sprint units right now with Roadshow-ers and 353 Sprint requests remaining in the queue. Iíve put in another order for a few hundred units that released today from the factory. I also got more budget to order more, so thatís in the works. This should help get most CDMA people covered relatively soon.

In the GSM world, no carrier is shipping yet, and Iím trying hard to get all the units I need in the queue to match the launch date of the carriers, but I canít guarantee timings. There are 519 of you in the GSM queue.

The Vienna Website is listing the status of orders so you can check there instead of dropping them an email looking for news.

http://www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents

Backstory Ė Why Donít I have a Treo right away?

When I was planning the Roadshow, I was looking for a way to get Treoís into peopleís hands who attended the event, to let them try it for themselves in a no-risk way, and at the end of that time, instead of sending the unit back to me and the customer off to the Carrier to buy one, keep it at a price that would thank them for taking the time.

It couldnít be a store offer; it had to be a program. I figured out how to stretch my budget by making it work on a queue Ė Iíd order a core set of units and people would get the units based on when they saw the show. When units came back, then the next person in the queue would get it. If they kept it I could reinvest the money and buy more stock.

So when we set out the goals of the Roadshow, we were hoping to get 800 people to join us. Past programs like this have had 20 to 30% of the people take us up on any offer weíve had. So I used those numbers to plan how many Treos I had to buy.

Well dang if we didnít get twice the people and over 60% want to do the offer. You blew out my projections. Iím scrambling to get my hands on a hit product. With a product like the 650, all of the first shipments go to the carrier stores and channels where they can be sold, and programs like mine, programs that arenít money makers for the company, are prioritized a little lower.

Also, believe it or not, a rather large number of people tried to cheat the people who actually attended by getting in the queue, and we have tried to keep the queue to only those who attended. In so doing, we have stepped on some legit orders and Iím sorry to those who did it right and are feeling the screening.

A couple closing thoughts:

Remember, this is a program and not a store.

Iím trying to get you your Treos quickly but have to fight for product

If you decide to keep your Treo itís $349

If you got a used ďTreo to TryĒ, weíll replace it with a new one if you decide to keep it.

The bottom line is that this is my program, and Iím responsible for getting things to you. Vienna is doing the best they can with what Iím able to provide them. I apologize to those of you who are jazzed to get the Treo and frustrated by the supply/demand issues.

Joe
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une ťmission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I'm confused. In this locked thread http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=66776 you say you already got a 650, had it insured, broke it, and are using your insurance to get it replaced (and trying to sell the broken one after insurance pays for it). And now in this thread you are saying you never got one and blaming Palm/VC for making your decision on what to do more difficult. You obviously have exactly what you wished for. You already got one and can either cancel it from VC or wait to get it and sell it. So in your case your complaint seems a bit inconsistent with your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2
    I knows its not viena's fault but, If they would have told me when i went to the show, it COULD take up to mid january to get the treo, I would not have place that order, or at least would place it just to sell it when i get it. And would have bought one from the sprint store with the 150 discount. If they cant guarantee the dates dont tell me two weeks then 4 more weeks, and then again another 2-4 weeks. They could have been more realistic with the dates. If they dont know for sure dont tell your customers next week!!!!!!!!!!! I know they blame palm but they are both at fault, one for not shipping it and the other for making promises.
    My 2 Ę -

Quick math on the email from Joe at P1 shows that P1 "sold" an additional 800 treo 650's that they had not budgeted for. Each time we bought one, it cost them $250 in lost revenue. Because 1600 people (800 above their projections) bought them, it has cost P1 another $200,000 in lost revenue. That's why Joe at P1 is having trouble filling the orders, because P1 didn't plan on spending another $200K subsidizing phone sales. In his email he stated he has requested more money to make this happen.

The truth is, without Treocentral, most of us would not have known about this event, and Joe's projection of 800 buyers would have been more accurate.

Clue
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    My 2 Ę -

Quick math on the email from Joe at P1 shows that P1 "sold" an additional 800 treo 650's that they had not budgeted for. Each time we bought one, it cost them $250 in lost revenue. Because 1600 people (800 above their projections) bought them, it has cost P1 another $200,000 in lost revenue. That's why Joe at P1 is having trouble filling the orders, because P1 didn't plan on spending another $200K subsidizing phone sales. In his email he stated he has requested more money to make this happen.

The truth is, without Treocentral, most of us would not have known about this event, and Joe's projection of 800 buyers would have been more accurate.

Clue
    P1 should have seen this comming, however, rembember the problems they had with the 600 rollout with backorders and if they read this board as they say they do, it was pretty obvious there was going to be a big turnout. Lastly NOW is not the time to be asking for more money, it is when the registrations for the Roadshow was much higher than anticipated preferable, or when the orders started comming in in Oct/Nov.
    [QUOTE=MisterEd]I'm confused. In this locked thread [url="http://discuss.QUOTE]

Ok, so you now got Treo holding a flag. But I bet tomorrow you'll run out of it. I mean there's only that much space on a what 120x120 sqaure?....
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I'm confused. In this locked thread http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=66776 you say you already got a 650, had it insured, broke it, and are using your insurance to get it replaced (and trying to sell the broken one after insurance pays for it). And now in this thread you are saying you never got one and blaming Palm/VC for making your decision on what to do more difficult. You obviously have exactly what you wished for. You already got one and can either cancel it from VC or wait to get it and sell it. So in your case your complaint seems a bit inconsistent with your situation.
    If you really care so much to know, I bought one from the sprint store and bought one from VC. Any more questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by JDA
    I'm order #793 for a Sprint 650. Anyone with a low number want to trade with me??? I thought I was a patient person but waiting for my 650 has definitely proven otherwise.
    I'm order 11xx and, frankly, I think I'm glad I'm going to have to wait. Maybe by the time I get mine, Palm will have a ROM upgrade that adresses a bunch of the bugs / problems of this half baked phone.

Yes, I know it's a major improvement over the 600 in many ways, but it sure seems to have been released with inadequate testing. And in some respects it seems a step backwards, too.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    You obviously missed the entire point and it's not worth taking it any further.
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2
    If you really care so much to know, I bought one from the sprint store and bought one from VC. Any more questions?