Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I agree, but that would have meant cancelling every show until Jan/Feb 2005 when the GSM models (hopefully) become available. When the RoadShows first began in October at PcExpo (or whatever it's now called) the 650 wasn't even demo'd or an option to order. If I remember, someone said they weren't even admitting it existed. You could only get a 600.
    yup, and if they did not have the demos to offer right away, I would not have done a roadshow that offered demos at all. Although it would have hurt some of our folks here at TC, if I had been in charge, I would also have wanted some type of qualifications before handing out the cheap 650s. Get a note from your CEO...or mommy!

Seriously, by letting anyone who attended get the discount, they have hurt their effort to get the phones "quickerly" into the hands of corp decision makers. I can picutre Jeff right now thinking that the IT guy who might order 1200 of the phones is stuck waiting behind 30 guys who just went to the show to get the coupon.
    In all fairness, VC and P1 shipped the orders with 5 units, read earlier threads. So, they wanted their corp customers to be happy, and individual users can wait a little longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    In many ways, the demo delay is even more bizzare. This clearly was a way to get phones out there to be tried out by companies who were interested in evaluating them, not just guys that wanted a discount on the new toy. What is worse, they are behind the line for those buying who, in many cases, are NOT evaluating it for company purchase.

I don't think they should have done the demo program at all without units ready to send out.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    In all fairness, VC and P1 shipped the orders with 5 units, read earlier threads. So, they wanted their corp customers to be happy, and individual users can wait a little longer.
    That was a different program where you had to work a deal with one of the vendors to try out their product to get the 5 unit demo. The roadshow barely even mentioned that. The push was for, and what VC is normally in the business of doing, is getting a phone into IT or decision makers hands.

Some of those types might have gone for the 5-phone +vendor demo deal, but a lot of us (and I do be one of them) like to get just the one unit to play with before sending it out to others to try.
    If the "corporate guy" who needed 1200 phones was too cheap to walk into a Sprint store 3 weeks ago and walk out with one unit for demo for the extra $250 he's in the wrong business. I think those types of volume buyers would be in direct talks with Sprint and not wasting time redeeming a coupon to save $250. I still think the show drew 80% discount hunters and 20% "small quantity" prospects.
    Seriously, by letting anyone who attended get the discount, they have hurt their effort to get the phones "quickerly" into the hands of corp decision makers. I can picutre Jeff right now thinking that the IT guy who might order 1200 of the phones is stuck waiting behind 30 guys who just went to the show to get the coupon.
    Ahhh, a do be man! You can walk into a Sprint store and get one tomorrow (or 2 weeks ago) and play all you want. Why wait for VC?
    (and I do be one of them) like to get just the one unit to play with before sending it out to others to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Ahhh, a do be man! You can walk into a Sprint store and get one tomorrow (or 2 weeks ago) and play all you want. Why wait for VC?
    I would have done that very thing actually, but I decided NOT to get the 650s for my companies right now because of the memory and sound issues (my guys have LOTS of contacts, appointments and contacts and I dont trust them with the ROM fixes)

So, I decided just to wait and get my VC phone when it came. Have had it for a week and love it, but, honestly, if it were not for this forum where I found the sound patch, the way to stop the blazer resets, and help on the memory issue, it would have gone back. The constant reset when accessing blazer would have been a real killer for me, since there was no way for me to figure out what was going on. TC, however, saved my day and I love my 650. Still I think I was right in waiting before I get this thing for others, if do that at all.

One vendor out there though has such a great app for my salespeople though...
    I finally got to hold the 650 in my hands tonight...at my local CompUSA. I contemplated buying theirs for $600 and then just selling my VC 650 when it eventually comes in, but that would really be too much of an ironic defeat of my whole purpose in attending the roadshow.

That's right, I was NOT one of the corporate decision makers (well, since I have a private practice, I can say that my whole company will eventually use the Treo ), but someone looking to lessen the pain of a new phone for an existing sprint customer.....especially since I was not even sure that this thing would suit my needs.

At any rate, I decided against buying one now to fulfill the instant gratification side of me, but only because I have doubts that I'd get my $600 back once my VC 650 finally comes out.....it looks like they'll be old news by then.

Chris
    Boston Roadshow
    Sprint Treo 650
    Order# 76x....just missed the Christmas cutoff....waiting to start to Treo in the new year.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    never once at the D.C. show did anyone say that the demo program will not ship in a timely fashion. I even asked Joe about availability and he said I believe we started shipping yesterday!
    I am prepared to believe that the situation was as Joe beleved that it was and that it is as it is. He is as much a victim as the rest of us. Everyone who deals with P1 must do so with his heels higher than his head.
    Order 75x-78x shipped
    Quote Originally Posted by pl804
    Order 75x-78x shipped
    when did it ship? When did you get the email?
    Mon. afternoon, both shipping and email

Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2
    when did it ship? When did you get the email?
    pl804.....you had an order in the 780's that was shipped and confirmed already? Was it a purchase or demo? I ask because Jeff told me that my order (76x) would no go until January.

Regards,
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi
    pl804.....you had an order in the 780's that was shipped and confirmed already? Was it a purchase or demo? I ask because Jeff told me that my order (76x) would no go until January.

Regards,
    Chris
    Was yours CDMA? Demo or regular?
    Sprint (so CDMA) and mine was a purchase order.

Regards,
    Chris
    Mine was around the same as yours, Yogi, and was purchase, CDMA, Sprint.
    I find myself logging onto the forum to check the evolution of MisterEd icon. Anyone noticed how it first aquired GSM logo, and then a christmas hat. I'm anxious to see what he'll come up with tomorrow...
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    I find myself logging onto the forum to check the evolution of MisterEd icon. Anyone noticed how it first aquired GSM logo, and then a christmas hat. I'm anxious to see what he'll come up with tomorrow...
    I Think We are just beggining to see the psycological effects of Notreo650itus......
    Has anyone with a VC Treo 650 tried to get a new-user rebate from Sprint? Were you successful?

My understanding is that new Sprint customers are eligible for a $150 rebate when they sign up for a two year contract. So that would make the total Treo price $350 - $150 = $200.

Here are links to pages 1 and 2 of the Sprint rebate form. The small print on page 2 describes who is not eligible (no corporate customers, for example), but it seems that a Treo from VC could get the discount:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...9.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...0.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Waiting on my Vienna Channels order #12xx for a Sprint Treo 650...

HK
    The short answer is that to get the rebate, you must buy direct from Sprint or from their stores. Two options:

1. Try anway and be persistant if they say no because it DOESN'T say in their literature you can't
    2. Buy a unit from sprint with the $150 rebate and sell the roadshow unit on E-Bay. You'll get close to a final figure of $200...if you're lucky.
    And too much free time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    I Think We are just beggining to see the psycological effects of Notreo650itus......