Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 804
  1. #461  
    Lets all use the same subject line so he can see before he even opens up the email what they are all about and how many he has since it will have the same subject, he will just have to look and see its all about the same subject.

    palmOne Treo Roadshow - Vienna Channels inventory issues

    thats what im using, anyone wanna do this? if so, is that an alright email subject title?
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
  2. #462  
    so I had to have my address changed for my order and i got a response from Jeff saying all set, and under it a confirmation of my order and it says Due Date: 12/21/2004. Wonder if it will ship tomorrow?
  3. #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavid
    so I had to have my address changed for my order and i got a response from Jeff saying all set, and under it a confirmation of my order and it says Due Date: 12/21/2004. Wonder if it will ship tomorrow?
    what was your order number?
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
  4. #464  
    In the low 1100's, i agree its wishful thinking, but i dont know what else Due date would mean.
  5. #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj
    Lets all use the same subject line so he can see before he even opens up the email what they are all about and how many he has since it will have the same subject, he will just have to look and see its all about the same subject.

    palmOne Treo Roadshow - Vienna Channels inventory issues

    thats what im using, anyone wanna do this? if so, is that an alright email subject title?
    Sounds like a good plan to me.
  6. #466  
    It pays to sit near the front row. I did miss getting his Photo for Contacts.
    FastFrank
  7. #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    Sounds like a good plan to me.
    Ditto's
  8. #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by NADLER
    I contacted Jeff by email and suggested that he ask Palm1 to send us coupons or rebates for the difference between the retail price and $349 so we can go and find our own 650s. Apparently most Sprint stores now have stock. We could get one this week in time for the holidays and then get our rebate later. That would satisfy me, ViennaC would not have to inventory and ship the 650s so it would help them as well. If you agree, why don't you also email Jeff. I have not received a response but will let you know when I do.
    Here is Jeff's reply:

    "I am sorry Noel. We are the third party fulfillment house for the program. We have no influence in trying to change the program. We are just going to do the best we can shipping as fast as we know how when inventory arrives.

    Jeff

    "
  9. #469  
    Here's Joe's response to me, sounds very reasonable:

    Anthony,

    There will be a mail coming out today/tomorrow with status and saying
    some of this again, but the deal is that the Try a Treo program is a
    program and not a store. I have a limited number of units in the program
    pool and they get recycled and replaced as people either return the
    units or pay for them. We lose money on this program.

    The Sprint stores have units because they are a store and they make
    money on the sale of the Treo.

    I tried to be very specific at the roadshow and say "This is not a
    store" and "If you want a Treo quickly, go to the store" and "You will
    be in a queue like a Netflix movie".

    I do apologize that this is slow. Way more people attended than I
    thought would come and way more got into the program than past
    experience has shown. I have more units on order, but again, the Sprint
    Stores have priority on units and my program has to wait it's turn.

    Yours,

    Joe


    -----Original Message-----
    From: Anthony Guselnikov [mailto:anthony@*******]
    Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 9:42 AM
    To: Joe Fabris
    Subject: PalmOne treo roadshow

    Hi Joe,

    I've always been an early adopter of technologies in my company. I've
    had Treo 300 for about 1.5 years, and later on the 600. Ever since news
    of 650 was published I was agitating the business people here who
    currently use B-Berry, (and some of them, mostly women, loathe it), to
    try Treo. The standard response has been "We'll wait till you get it,
    and then see".
    Well I've been waiting on ViennaChannels delivery ever since the
    Roadshow, and the enthusiasm here is beginning to die out a bit. I knew
    the Roadshow attendees weren't going to be the first in line to get
    Treos, but certainly not the last. It's a bit of a disappointment the
    supply is handled in such fashion.


    --
    Best regards,
    Anthony mailto:anthony@******
    Last edited by AnthonyG; 12/20/2004 at 02:13 PM.
  10. #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    Here's Joe's response to me, sounds very reasonable:

    It is a very reasonalbe response from Jeff's position. The problem is P1 should not have put him in this position. Experiance from the 600 should have alterted P1 to what would happne if you give such a discount to anybody who signed and showed up (heck, all you had to do was surf TC) and should have let VC know what was going to happen both in that regard and to shipping availability.

    Frankly, given all of the factors involved, the whole Roadshow thing should have been either done differently or not at all until there was reasoanable availability. For the supposed target market, company decision makers or evaluators, its silly to have such a long delay from the hype to the product. And I know at least one of the vendors is unhappy about it as well.
  11. #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    Here's Joe's response to me, sounds very reasonable:
    I agree with the fact that it isnt a store -- it's a marketing program.

    If you want to market your product as well as possible, it makes sense to put your most vocal power users on the fast track. They knew (or at least should have) that the Roadshows were going to be big by the end of the first day. They should have adjusted allocation accordingly.

    All they are doing now is eating away at goodwill.


    I wonder what Joe whould have to say about that...
  12. #472  
    What is Joe's email?
  13. #473  
    Joe Fabris <email address removed>
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 12/20/2004 at 07:09 PM. Reason: removed email address
  14. #474  
    I spent a lot of time with Joe at the Chicago roadshow. He's a real nice guy--go easy on him. I'm certain when pa1mOne launched this program they didn't count on every Tom, ****, and Harry who surfs TC coming to get their discounted 650's. It's nice so many showed interest and excitement, but most did come for the discount. It's simple--either the wait is worth the savings, or go buy one at retail and sell the discounted one to make up the difference when it arrives.

    All this bi***ing and talk of class action suits is ludicrous. Please, spare us... I'm on the slow GSM boat, so I'm not just preaching from on high as I use my 650, either.

    Todd/Indy
  15. #475  
    I agree with everything everyone says about the P1/VC situation. It was done wrong. Period. They underestimated the attendence and couldn't "borrow" enough units from Sprint's distribution to cover all the orders.

    HOWEVER where I begin to disagree is when someone says they need one through VC ASAP as the only way to convince their company to buy into the 650's. If you want one now all you have to do is waltz into a Sprint store and buy one over the counter. You can have it and test it for 14 days and if you don't like it return it or buy 10 more. Otherwise the reasoning just sounds like someone wants one for the discount and is using the Roadshow and their alleged position of "influence" as an excuse. I'm sure one's company can afford the extra $250 to try one out at list from a Sprint store or Telesales

    (IMPATIENTLY waiting for my discounted GSM 650 - no one to convice but myself)

    EDIT: The message above mine was posted as I was typing/editing my message. Sorry, mine sounds like a duplicate but obviously we're just thinking along the same line.
  16. #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    HOWEVER where I begin to disagree is when someone says they need one through VC ASAP as the only way to convince their company to buy into the 650's. If you want one now all you have to do is waltz into a Sprint store and buy one over the counter. You can have it and test it for 14 days and if you don't like it return it or buy 10 more. Otherwise the reasoning just sounds like someone wants one for the discount and is using the Roadshow and their alleged position of "influence" as an excuse. I'm sure one's company can afford the extra $250 to try one out at list from a Sprint store or Telesales
    You couldn't be more wrong. I never purported to have any influence over the distribution of mobile devices in my company. I'm not part of the decision making process in my company, i.e. I don't get funds allocated to try things. I'm a developer. I buy units with my own cash, and then if enough people show interest, I could maybe persuade the decision makers that Treo 650 is worthy of trial on the company-wide scale. Getting a discount from Palm, and then potentially sparking interest among the business people was a way for me to justify being 2 hours late for work on the day of the Roadshow. My time, afterall, is not free. Had I had any idea that the process would take this long I'd have ordered directly from Sprint, and not have bothered with all the Roadshow business.
  17. #477  
    I wasn't referring to you specifically nor any other individual. Sorry if it seemed that way. It was meant to be a generalization. However there was never any representation by Palm that these discounted units would be anything more then "thank you's" for doing just what you (and I, and hundreds of others) did .... spent our valuable time at their show. Unless I missed something in their online advertising or emails, there was never any representation made that attendees would get them in any speedy or priority manner, in fact, they said if you want them fast go through the retail channel. It was just a "spiff" for attending. Obviously a lot of attendees ASSUMED they would be getting them first. In fact, some rep from Sprint was handing out cards at the NY show saying he'd have them the very next day if anyone wanted one fast - and that was the day they were officially released

    REGARDLESS of what their (Palm) intention was, they obviously did greatly underestimate the attendence but they also had a primary obligation to Sprint. This obligation and their lack of a CLEAR disclaimer of attendees priority as fas as delivery goes is the problem. And I still believe that most people bitcxing and moaning just want their new toy because if it was so important for them to have one, they would have run to Sprint on the day of release and paid for it or after a week had passed and they hadn't got theirs.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    You couldn't be more wrong. I never purported to have any influence over the distribution of mobile devices in my company. I'm not part of the decision making process in my company, i.e. I don't get funds allocated to try things. I'm a developer. I buy units with my own cash, and then if enough people show interest, I could maybe persuade the decision makers that Treo 650 is worthy of trial on the company-wide scale. Getting a discount from Palm, and then potentially sparking interest among the business people was a way for me to justify being 2 hours late for work on the day of the Roadshow. My time, afterall, is not free. Had I had any idea that the process would take this long I'd have ordered directly from Sprint, and not have bothered with all the Roadshow business.
  18. #478  
    never once at the D.C. show did anyone say that the demo program will not ship in a timely fashion. I even asked Joe about availability and he said I believe we started shipping yesterday!
    Treoing & Loving it
  19. #479  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    never once at the D.C. show did anyone say that the demo program will not ship in a timely fashion. I even asked Joe about availability and he said I believe we started shipping yesterday!

    In many ways, the demo delay is even more bizzare. This clearly was a way to get phones out there to be tried out by companies who were interested in evaluating them, not just guys that wanted a discount on the new toy. What is worse, they are behind the line for those buying who, in many cases, are NOT evaluating it for company purchase.

    I don't think they should have done the demo program at all without units ready to send out.
  20. #480  
    I agree, but that would have meant cancelling every show until Jan/Feb 2005 when the GSM models (hopefully) become available. When the RoadShows first began in October at PcExpo (or whatever it's now called) the 650 wasn't even demo'd or an option to order. If I remember, someone said they weren't even admitting it existed. You could only get a 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    I don't think they should have done the demo program at all without units ready to send out.

Posting Permissions