Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    I had the sprint customer service rep put the replacement guarantee in writing on my account. I attempted to pick it up in store however they work on two different planets you would think. Because they said they would replace they had to honor their notes. Give that a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by robotron
    SOmeone else had a similar story - the part I do not get is that whenever I call SPrint they tell me I have to go to a store to get the replacement issued. I am also on my 5th one and in < one month the screen is flickering. Did u have to talk to a manager? How did u get around the "Go to a store" routine??
    It's worth the try Just make them note your account then go in and request them honor their word.
    Well, I just got word from Jeff that my order (76x) won't be shipped until January. He told me that they are awaiting new inventory right now, and that would be
    "Probably
    first week of January (we hope if palmOne delivers)."

Major bummer. So much for having this to save me from Christmas with the in-laws.

Thinking back on this process, I can certainly agree that this isn't Jeff's fault, but that it would have been a lot less painful had they been even remotely consistent or realistic about delivery times. This will mark the third email in a row that vaguely suggests a delivery date, only to later have that pushed back by days or weeks. Oh well, live and learn not to bother with another road show.

Regards,
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Marinangel (jeff.marinangel@viennachannels.com)

Doug

Now looking like mid-January based on pace of inventory arriving from palmOne.

Jeff
    And my response:

Jeff,

Is there someone we can contact at palmOne regarding the horrible job they are doing at supplying you with inventory?

I had no complaint when you first told me 2-4 weeks because they told us at the road shows it would take a while to get it from Vienna Channels but now that its going to be 2 full months, it has gone beyond what they told us to expect and are asking a lot of us as customers.

DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    I gave in and got the SKII until the VC GSM comes in. I guess I will the SKII to my wife when I hpget the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    I gave in and got the SKII until the VC GSM comes in. I guess I will the SKII to my wife when I hpget the Treo.
    Did you submit this on the SKII? If so it looks like the text input method is a bit lacking!
    Well I got the expected result in my response from Jeff. He just said that he understands the frustration and that VC is already contacting Palm enough. He did not supply any contact information.

I will try to contact PalmOne HQ later today and see if I can get hold of an Operator to get in touch with the person responsible for the roadshow.
    Is there any sort of legal action we can take for this issue?
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    I contacted Jeff by email and suggested that he ask Palm1 to send us coupons or rebates for the difference between the retail price and $349 so we can go and find our own 650s. Apparently most Sprint stores now have stock. We could get one this week in time for the holidays and then get our rebate later. That would satisfy me, ViennaC would not have to inventory and ship the 650s so it would help them as well. If you agree, why don't you also email Jeff. I have not received a response but will let you know when I do.
    I like the idea NADLER, I am happy seeing us as the consumer taking our own approach instead of being slave the palmOnes decision to not supply VC even though they are supplying other retail outlets proving they do in fact have supply and arent filling orders taken from the road shows.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Quote Originally Posted by NADLER
    I contacted Jeff by email and suggested that he ask Palm1 to send us coupons or rebates for the difference between the retail price and $349 so we can go and find our own 650s. Apparently most Sprint stores now have stock. We could get one this week in time for the holidays and then get our rebate later. That would satisfy me, ViennaC would not have to inventory and ship the 650s so it would help them as well. If you agree, why don't you also email Jeff. I have not received a response but will let you know when I do.
    That wouldnt Help Us GSM Orphans Much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    That wouldnt Help Us GSM Orphans Much...
    True but the GSM version of the Treo 650 isnt even out yet so its not as if you guys are waiting for something thats already released like us CDMA users are.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    When the GSM version is actually available you would benefit from this approach too, by going to a store rather than waiting for it to be shipped from VC.
    Quote Originally Posted by NADLER
    When the GSM version is actually available you would benefit from this approach too, by going to a store rather than waiting for it to be shipped from VC.
    And Hopefully Ya'll will have all the Bugs worked out of it By Then
    I just called Palmone HQ 408-503-7000, and asked the operator to put me through to the person responsible for the Treo Roadshows. You have to let the menu go through before you will be connected to the operator. I put in a voicemail (first name was Jennifer, and the last name was garbled but sounded like Petaki but it is not in the directory, so I no it was not that). Everyone with a CDMA unit ordered through VC who wants to complain should contact P1 and complain about the poor service P1 is providing to both VC, and the roadshow attendees by not get an adequate supply to VC for them to fulfill their orders.

If you don't want to complain, ignore this post!
    I just emailed Jeff to cancel my order. I did not expect our group of power-users to be last dibs from Palm One.

My only response to Palm One is not to give them my money.
    Quote Originally Posted by keithmeyer
    I just emailed Jeff to cancel my order. I did not expect our group of power-users to be last dibs from Palm One.

My only response to Palm One is not to give them my money.
    It seems as though P1 confused those who went to the shows with those who were after the lowest price rather than the earliest delivery. The result is that you may get late delivery and still pay a premium price. Too bad.
    Here you go as pormised in my earlier thread, the wireless manager at P1. Let Joe hear how TC power users feel, just be polite.
    joe.fabris@palmone.com
    Treoing & Loving it
    Good job GT. Email (polite) coming his way.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Here you go as pormised in my earlier thread, the wireless manager at P1. Let Joe hear how TC power users feel, just be polite.
    joe.fabris@palmone.com
    Man I bet he regrets using his own Treo as a demo in front of the Roadshow participants . I thought about taking the info down at the time but didn't. Good catch gt5l. I will have an e-mail out by the tonight.