Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Boston order #74* will be delivered tomorrow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    I Attended the Chicago Roadshow for " Our Best customers & Decision Makers" on Nov. 9th & Yes once I got to the show they told us that VC was not a store and might not be the fastest way to get the 650, But I ordered a 650 GSM that evening. Its now Dec. 16th and I've received word that the GSM's wont be shipped till possibly February! Thats Nearly 4 Months. Anyone Else think that this is Absurd.

PS: I Dont blame poor Jeff or VC they are at the mercy of Palmone..

Note: Sprint is not an Option for Us ( No usable service in Our area)

I didnt know there was a firm release date on GSM units....

Seriously, do we know for sure that your date, February, is any later than when the GSM units will be available for purchase and shipping?

bs
    Barney needs to quit whining....
    Order 654, CHiacgo show arrived today - with a car charger too
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbutt
    Barney needs to quit whining....
    No Problem Find Me a Place to Purchase a 650 GSM even at Full price & I'll Be happy (No Sprint Service Available)
    Order #69X arrived today. VC sent notification last Saturday AM.

Now I can go on vacation.
    FastFrank
    hey gilbutt,

realize that people aren't whining about vienna channels, their concerned about PalmOne...they continue to make the same manufacturing and marketing mistakes as in the past...

take the advice and get your quotes right...context means including the sentence or paragraph around said information...or maybe you have been watching too much fox news channel...
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxtreo
    hey gilbutt,

realize that people aren't whining about vienna channels, their concerned about PalmOne...they continue to make the same manufacturing and marketing mistakes as in the past...
    I hate it when the product that I want comes from people who cannot distribute it in a fair and equitable manner, not to say people who have consumed more trust and good will than they ever had any right to expect.
    Since everyone here seem to be getting confirmation emails for the Treo 650 order, I emailed Jeff yesterday regarding my order. My order number is 98X (attended the second NY roadshow) and according to Jeff, it won't be shipped until mid-January!!!
    I don't know if this is really worth it at this point. 2 1/2 months for shipping this?

Here is what Jeff's response was:
    "Probably shipping in the mid-January window of time. Inventory has been coming in slowly"

I might just have to go out there and buy one and just sell the one from Vienna.

Has anyone had any luck with an order in the 900s?
    I have the email address for the wireless manager at P1, I am waiting on the manager to resolve an issue i have with VC if it does not go my way I will post the email address here so you can whisper in P1's ear directly and bypass VC.
    Treoing & Loving it
    1 month after preordering, fine...

2 1/2 months after preordering the item, not acceptible.

palmOne needs to explain the unreal wait time they are putting us through. They mentioned it would be longer using Vienna Channels but this is inhuman to ask their core customer to wait this long.

Is there a contact at palmOne that was in charge of the Vienna Channels distribution?
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Quote Originally Posted by alexiou
    Since everyone here seem to be getting confirmation emails for the Treo 650 order, I emailed Jeff yesterday regarding my order. My order number is 98X (attended the second NY roadshow) and according to Jeff, it won't be shipped until mid-January!!!
    I don't know if this is really worth it at this point. 2 1/2 months for shipping this?

Here is what Jeff's response was:
    "Probably shipping in the mid-January window of time. Inventory has been coming in slowly"

I might just have to go out there and buy one and just sell the one from Vienna.

Has anyone had any luck with an order in the 900s?
    OK this is complete BS. Jeff told me at the beginning of December 2 to 3 weeks for an order in the 12XX range, now the 9XX orders are being told it will be January .

Now I don't give a crap if PalmOne said that VC was a store to some of you at the roadshow. They did not say this to me or to my group at the first DC session, and the fact that someone else heard it at a different show and itwas posted on this board so it should be accepted is flawed logic. This is just extremely poor planning and poor treatment of people who take time to attend their event. Yeah that is why we got a discount because time is money, and they wouldn't have gotten hardly anyone there if they had not offered the discount. You Palm appoligists need to know when to call BS what it is, and this is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    OK this is complete BS. Jeff told me at the beginning of December 2 to 3 weeks for an order in the 12XX range, now the 9XX orders are being told it will be January .

Now I don't give a crap if PalmOne said that VC was a store to some of you at the roadshow. They did not say this to me or to my group at the first DC session, and the fact that someone else heard it at a different show and itwas posted on this board so it should be accepted is flawed logic. This is just extremely poor planning and poor treatment of people who take time to attend their event. Yeah that is why we got a discount because time is money, and they wouldn't have gotten hardly anyone there if they had not offered the discount. You Palm appoligists need to know when to call BS what it is, and this is it.
    DITTO
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    No Problem Find Me a Place to Purchase a 650 GSM even at Full price & I'll Be happy
    that is the question of the hour isn't it!!!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj
    .....palmOne needs to explain the unreal wait time they are putting us through. They mentioned it would be longer using Vienna Channels but this is inhuman to ask their core customer to wait this long....
    Perhaps but I doubt that they will do so. I suggest to you that this delay is strategic and that the success of the strategy relies upon their not explaining it. All they have to do to prove me wrong is explain.
    I just left a VM at PalmOne's corporate HQ explaining my frustration and requesting that the PalmOne person in responsible for the Roadshow to contact me. I doubt they will, but I will call later today if I don't hear back soon. Companies don't do anything to fix a problem unless you complain to them. Maybe some on this board should accept this and get rid of their dilusions that PalmOne is going to fix the problems if we silently wait for a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    I just left a VM at PalmOne's corporate HQ explaining my frustration and requesting that the PalmOne person in responsible for the Roadshow to contact me. I doubt they will, but I will call later today if I don't hear back soon. Companies don't do anything to fix a problem unless you complain to them. Maybe some on this board should accept this and get rid of their dilusions that PalmOne is going to fix the problems if we silently wait for a solution.
    I Wrote a Snail Mail letter to the Corporate office Yesterday, At least that way they have to take the effort to crumple it up and throw it in the waste basket instead of Just deleting My email...
    CANCEL! Anyone tired of waiting should definately CANCEL. That'll show 'em (and get me mine that much faster!
    We need to bombard palmOne with as many emails as we have for Jeff
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    CANCEL! Anyone tired of waiting should definately CANCEL. That'll show 'em (and get me mine that much faster!
    I have reached that point in my life when I much prefer spending money to tolerating stress or scarcity. If I were a Sprint customer and could go get one today (held one in my hand in a store in the Orlando Airport yesterday) at one price or wait an undetermined length of time to get a lower price, I would choose the former.