Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Boston Roadshow attendee
    order number 77*
    No delay email
    NYC roadshow attendee 86x, no delay email.
    Dallas Show
    369 GSM Purchase
    I got the piece of sh@t e-mail.
    i received an email from jeff about my order stating that it was now in the system and ready for shipping as soon as stock came in.

it stated that blah blah thanks for your patience and we are looking at a ship date of january or february and that purchases are being fulfilled before demo orders.

i ordered a gsm version (order #15xx) and atended the nyc show if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    NYC roadshow attendee 86x, no delay email.
    I'm DC rs order number 11**, and I haven't received it either. That's why I'm wondering if the delay mail applies to demos, rather than purchases, or if this email was only sent to someone who inquired about their order.

I'm looking at it on the bright side, however. I'm still saving $250, and maybe by the time I get it there will be a ROM update for some of the bugs people have experienced.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    The savings of 250 is not worth it any longer to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I'm DC rs order number 11**, and I haven't received it either. That's why I'm wondering if the delay mail applies to demos, rather than purchases, or if this email was only sent to someone who inquired about their order.

I'm looking at it on the bright side, however. I'm still saving $250, and maybe by the time I get it there will be a ROM update for some of the bugs people have experienced.
    Well if you are right, (and I sincerely hope you are right), then I'm sticking to the previous estimate that was derived from Jeff shipping schedule/graph, where 7xx(high)-8xx(low) get shipped this week, 8xx(high)-9xx(high) next week, and 10xx around new years week.
    Boston Roadshow order 71x scheduled for an on-time delivery by UPS tomorrow (Friday 12/17).

I've found the e-mails sent seem to be spotty and inconsistent. Both my wife and I attended, she got registration confirmation, I did not. Neither of us got an order confirmation e-mail. I got purchase confirmation, she did not. Neither of us got a shipping confirmation e-mail. Follow-up e-mails to Jeff were generally answered with 1-2 days each step of the way.

One more day...
    My new phrase of the week: "We do not have enough visibility into deliveries"

VC must be going nuts over this whole mess. I'm sure they had no idea what they were getting into with P1. Hope they charged them enough
    I Attended the Chicago Roadshow for " Our Best customers & Decision Makers" on Nov. 9th & Yes once I got to the show they told us that VC was not a store and might not be the fastest way to get the 650, But I ordered a 650 GSM that evening. Its now Dec. 16th and I've received word that the GSM's wont be shipped till possibly February! Thats Nearly 4 Months. Anyone Else think that this is Absurd.

PS: I Dont blame poor Jeff or VC they are at the mercy of Palmone..

Note: Sprint is not an Option for Us ( No usable service in Our area)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    they told us that VC was not a store
    YES... Therefore alot of people need to quite whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbutt
    YES... Therefore alot of people need to quite whining.
    once I got to the show they told us that VC was not a store and might not be the fastest way to get the 650

If your going to quote me at least keep it in context
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    order 622, received it last night. it did come w/ a 650 car charger. have had some struggles w/ the device, but nothing that isn't covered in 100 other threads.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    once I got to the show they told us that VC was not a store and might not be the fastest way to get the 650

What difference does it make if they didn't take your entire quote? Are you saying that if you had known in advance that they weren't going to be the fastest way that you wouldn't have gone to the show?
    Since I can't wait any longer for the 650, I need to get something to tide me over. Should I get the 7100 or the SKII? The sales rep said that I need the SKII if I mainly want browse and that is my main reason for now to get a handheld.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I ordered a CDMA/Sprint 650 (buy, not demo) on Nov 16 so my "2 - 4 weeks" expired on Tuesday. However, since people are reporting orders in the 700s shipping and I'm in the 840s, I'll refrain from pestering VC for an update for a few more days and just trust that it's coming soon. Now, if people in the high 800s start getting their units I'll check on the order.

Thanks to everyone for posting their order statuses. It has helped me be patient.
    - Fushigi
    I don't think they even announced in advance that you could purchase phones from the roadshow, it was an event to educate businesses on the 650.

They mentioned there that you could buy it but it wouldn't be the quickest way.

So the fact that people are reffering going to the show, sitting there for hours, the hours of traffic and so on and so forth only to get a phone comes merely from the fact that you read the forums and knew that there would be a coupon. PalmOne did not say in advance that one could purchase there and therefore no one should have had the mindset going there that they could purchase - or have had that been the only reason they went.

What I am saying is that they didn't even claim to sell phones at the roadshow in advance, so it doesn't make sense to say they didn't deliver what they promised.

Also the GSM model is not out yet, how could you complain about VC not shipping it? A product has to hit the market before it can be distributed.

THEY (VC) ARE NOT A STORE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbutt
    THEY (VC) ARE NOT A STORE.
    VC is not a store?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk5
    What difference does it make if they didn't take your entire quote? Are you saying that if you had known in advance that they weren't going to be the fastest way that you wouldn't have gone to the show?
    Exactly Right , If I had known that Attendies were not going to get priority Treatment I would Not have Taken an entire day out of My schedule to attend the Roadshow/ I have been in the Technology business for Over 30 years and anytime I've gone to a "roadshow" type event the Attendies were given an opportunity to be the first in line for the Product. I will admit that I am partialy to blame Because when I recieved My confirmation for the road show it stated:

"As a special bonus for attending this conference, you will learn how you can earn a significant discount on a Treo Smartphone"

I Assumed (Wrongly) that this meant that we would also get it prior to General release which has been My past experience with these events.

Again I Have no problem with VC they (Jeff) are at Palmone's Mercy