Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbutt
    recieved!
    What is your order number?
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo
    What is your order number?
    Confirmation of Order Number 580
    Order Date: November 9, 2004
    the question is why is it taking so long , did they not expect everyone they invited to come, are they shipping in increments of 100 or 50 or what.
    I got the same general email 2-3 weeks maybe they order a bunch at once.
    Oh wait PalmOne doesn't need to order phones from themselves
    order - 127X
    Quote Originally Posted by darjay
    OK, what is W.A.G, SWAG and EWAG?
    And WHEN IS THE GSM version coming out already!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, I'm not obsessed about this.
    WAG - Wild Azz Guess
    SWAG - Scenitific Wild Azz Guess
    EWAG - Not sure.

These were college terms that I used alot in college. I have not used these terms since college - those where the days.
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    WAG - Wild Azz Guess
    SWAG - Scenitific Wild Azz Guess
    EWAG - Not sure.

These were college terms that I used alot in college. I have not used these terms since college - those where the days.
    EWAG Educated Wild *** Guess
    I was Order 5xx from Chicago (close to the middle 500s)
    Just arrived 12-15-04 at Noon via UPS
    My 2cents.....

Here is my message from Jeff on Nov 29. BTW - I attended the DC roadshow and made one demo order (not committed to buy) for our company to fool with. I also have a code for 4 additional Treo650 for our company if the phone works as prescribed.

"We wanted to provide you and update that your Treo 650 Sprint PCS model order is received and in our system.

We are awaiting inventory from the manufacturer and will notify you as soon as it is shipped to our facility. It may be 2 - 4 weeks before we can ship so we appreciate your patience. We know you are looking forward to receiving your Treo 650. Exactly when we are able to ship will depend on the dates and exact quantities received.

We will contact you as soon as inventory arrives and please know that if you are buying the device, no charges will be assessed your credit card until the date of shipment.

Jeff"
    I received 4 of my 5 demo units today (GSM unit outstanding) from VC...still have not received my personal unit (order in the high 1100s). I too was at the DC show.

Greg
    Greg,

What order number range were the Demo's you recieved? My brother is still waiting on his Demo order and he was in the 500 range.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith21
    I received 4 of my 5 demo units today (GSM unit outstanding) from VC...still have not received my personal unit (order in the high 1100s). I too was at the DC show.

Greg
    Are you sure, go check them again to make sure they were GSM. Have they been used? Any issues yet, I sure you have not even powered one up yet. Give us details. You are the first to say you have a GSM model so get ready for all the questions.
    AGGHHHHHHHH! Went out early and made some runs to get back in time for delivery. UPS came early today...had to call them and will pick it up later today at their offices......!!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    BssinRVer,

I think he stated that his GSM unit is outstanding, meaning he hasn't recieved it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man
    BssinRVer,

I think he stated that his GSM unit is outstanding, meaning he hasn't recieved it yet.
    Your right but I wish I did not misread it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man
    BssinRVer,

Or maybe it means that he has received a GSM phone and it is GREAT!!!
    I called Jeff at VC today to find out if I would receive my Treo 650 before xmas. I think it pained him to talk to me at all, but he didnt want to be flat-out rude... For myself, I refrained from yelling, acting exteremely important, or otherwise badgering him for details since I just wanted to know the "big picture" of when I could expect it. I have been waiting so long now that the excitement has (nearly) worn off...

Anyway he told me that they expect to have all purchases shipped in the next 30 days - but he would not say if mine would ship within the next 15 days or the last 15 days. (sprint/cdma, purchase - not a demo, night of the DC show, #12xx)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshark
    I called Jeff at VC today to find out if I would receive my Treo 650 before xmas. I think it pained him to talk to me at all, but he didnt want to be flat-out rude
    Stop harassing Jeff, dammit. I mean, seriously, give the guy a break. Palm inventory is not the only thing that they handle and if every single guy calls them with "Are we there yet?Are we there yet?....", well. You get the picture.
    I thought I made the point in my post that I was not "showing my a$$" on the phone with him, so I dont think that counts as badgering him.

Besides that, my order delivery was given as 2-4 weeks - it's been 4 weeks tomorrow. I'd say that gives me the right to inquire as to my order's status.

As far as the discount is concerned - it does NOT matter. If QVC sold you the Treo at half price, then did not deliver it when they told you they would, would that make a difference as to whether you would call to find out where it was? We all know it would not.

If VC is acting as a seller, then we have the right to act as purchasers. The pressure from us may be frustrating to them, and we do have to be understanding they are not getting stock from Palm and refrain from taking it as incompetence or maliciousness, but the pressure must go through them to get to Palm, since we do not have "standing" directly with Palm.

When my boss asked for status on a project today, because he was getting asked about it, I picked up the phone and called the next guy down the line. That's just how it works kids, get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshark
    When my boss asked for status on a project today, because he was getting asked about it, I picked up the phone and called the next guy down the line. That's just how it works kids, get used to it.
    Agreed, but what you have here is rather different. The situation at hand is akin to "Office Space" Peter Gibbons receiving citations from 8 bosses when he makes a mistake. Jeff has a problem with inventory from Palm. He knows about it. You know about it. No need to remind him an extra time, even if you aren't openly threatening.
    Just got this:

Thank you for your recent order for the new Treo 650. Your order is active and entered in our system.

Product availability has been somewhat constrained and we are shipping customer orders out based on a first-in first our order queue filling sales orders before demo order shipments. We do not yet have enough visibility into deliveries from palmOne, however here is a range of dates we are hoping for. We know you want your device as soon as possible, so thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sprint Treo 650's shipping to you some time in month of January.
    GSM unlocked Treo 650's shipping mid-January to mid-February time frame
    For those of you purchasing your device, we will not bill your credit card until date of shipment. At that time you will receive notification of the charge to your credit card and we will also provide you with UPS tracking information.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as we hope this gives you sufficient information to plan for the receipt of your Treo devices.

Thanks.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Sprint Treo 650's shipping to you some time in month of January.
    What?!? When did you order yours?
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan