Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat
    Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up alee. Ok so I'm on the palm one/vienna Channels website. I registered. I see an option to order timed demos or giveaway. Are you telling me that if i choose treo 600 and giveaway then I could get a treo 600 for free? (650 is not in the drop-down list)
    I took a look at the website -- I'm not sure what the new programs are. I don't think it's that easy to get a freebie. There were very strict rules about using the Roadshow coupon to qualify for the discounts. Many many people tried to beat the system and all of them failed.

Now that all the Roadshow coupons have expired, I'm not sure what the rules are for the new program.

Keep in mind that VC isn't really a store -- they're a firm that helps manage corporate demos and fleet distributions, so there's definitely no free lunch here.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson
    Not sure I ordered 12/7/04 Got the tracking number on Friday and UPS shows it being here 12/15/04
    You've gotta give us more information. How did you get a promo code from a road show and the order it after the last date you were supposed to be allowed to?

How did you order it and have it shipped 8 days after an order when most of us are waiting for at least a month or more?

The last thing I want anyone to do is to email Jeff asking about this but thats not to say I am not upset if this all is true and he already got his while I have been waiting for 4 weeks and still have no shipping information.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    What I'm going to tell you is that a member of our staff (School District) went to the show. He got all the info, he then arranged fo 5 of use to purchase the phone we got the promo code and I ordered it. Then it shipped, it will be here 12/15/04.

Its pretty simple if you ask me...
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Also maybe some of these people choose "DEMO" when they entered the code. That will delay shipment. I PURCHASED mine= quicker shipment.

Not sure why you are attacking me. I did what I was told by the Promo company. If that is the way people treat new members, maybe I will visit other sites instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson
    Also maybe some of these people choose "DEMO" when they entered the code. That will delay shipment. I PURCHASED mine= quicker shipment.

Not sure why you are attacking me. I did what I was told by the Promo company. If that is the way people treat new members, maybe I will visit other sites instead?
    For record, I didn't once attack you.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj
    You've gotta give us more information. How did you get a promo code from a road show and the order it after the last date you were supposed to be allowed to?

How did you order it and have it shipped 8 days after an order when most of us are waiting for at least a month or more?
    Sounds like one to me since I have already given out all the info, except personal info...
    Last edited by MisterEd; 12/12/2004 at 07:09 AM.
    Folks, there were two categories of orders that could have been placed. The first being what everyone ordered...they got a device 650/600 whatever for 349$ for attending the show.

The second category allowed you to order 5 devices at the same 349$ for a demo for your organization. To be able to order these devices you needed to get an on the vendor demo list from the vendors that were present at the show. And you received a special order link and a special vendor code and coupon. I too placed an order using method this for my company and my ordered shipped on Friday (delivery on Wednesday). Also, I see no date restriction on the email I received from the vendor and the link I have still appears to work (and no, I won't share the link so VC has more work to do trying to validate invalid orders and slowing down the process even more).
    That makes sense (other then the quicker shipment part) however the OP made it seem like it was a regular VC Roadshow order (as most of us had placed) which is what rankled some of the others (plus the fact it was his first post which certainly made it look like trolling).
    Okay, now that everybody is done fighting, I'll try to highjack this thread back to it's original purpose.

72X shipped this morning @ 10:40am.

I ordered around 2pm after the morning Boston Roadshow. I think it's exceedingly nice of these guys to be processing orders on the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith21
    Folks, there were two categories of orders that could have been placed. The first being what everyone ordered...they got a device 650/600 whatever for 349$ for attending the show.

The second category allowed you to order 5 devices at the same 349$ for a demo for your organization. To be able to order these devices you needed to get an on the vendor demo list from the vendors that were present at the show. And you received a special order link and a special vendor code and coupon. I too placed an order using method this for my company and my ordered shipped on Friday (delivery on Wednesday). Also, I see no date restriction on the email I received from the vendor and the link I have still appears to work (and no, I won't share the link so VC has more work to do trying to validate invalid orders and slowing down the process even more).

So basically, what your telling me, is that my demo order was not a valid order? I had no idea, that the demo orders were to be ordered in that paticular way. It was not explained at the Road Show, which I attended in NYC, and it was not explained that way on the VC website.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Well. It is very confusing. I attended the DC show nov. 18th, and opted for the demo. I filled out the order form, filled in the comments area and the vendor lady said she didn't know when they would ship. Got the coupon and promo code but lost it. My thinking was that since I placed a demo order, what more did I need to do? Needless to say, no email from VC, Jeff or the bogeyman for that matter.
    Boston Roadshow
    Order# 74x
    got an email today!

========= GENERAL INFORMATION =========

Merchant : Vienna Channel Management, Ltd.
    Date/Time : 12-Dec-2004 09:54:04 AM

shows shipping address and credit card was charged. Does this mean item was shipped? Or is there a separate email with tracking info??

Getting closer........
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    So basically, what your telling me, is that my demo order was not a valid order? I had no idea, that the demo orders were to be ordered in that paticular way. It was not explained at the Road Show, which I attended in NYC, and it was not explained that way on the VC website.

NOPE...not saying that. Just saying there are 5 unit orders and 1 unit orders. Most everyone on here is talking about their 1 unit orders be it demo or purchase. The posted who was beat up on had a 5 unit order (similar to mine) for our organizations (I also had a 1 unit order for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600kings
    Well. It is very confusing. I attended the DC show nov. 18th, and opted for the demo. I filled out the order form, filled in the comments area and the vendor lady said she didn't know when they would ship. Got the coupon and promo code but lost it. My thinking was that since I placed a demo order, what more did I need to do? Needless to say, no email from VC, Jeff or the bogeyman for that matter.
    demo Being the confusing word here. If you are doing a Treo demo from the roadshow is different from doing a 30 Trial of a thrid party vendors software. With the individual demo from the Road show is 1 Treo(buy or demo) with the 3rd party vendor is 5 phones(buy or demo). This was not a coupon, it is a code the third party vendor will give you(different code, different website. If youa re doing a 30 day trial of the software, you must be in contact with the vendor, right?
    I have 1 GSM on order for Road show. 4 GSM on order from VC third party trial and 1 Sprint. I have gotton confirmation on the Sprint phone shipping next week. The GSM we expect in January. We won't start our vendor 30 trial until all the phones are in. (all my companies phones are purchases)
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I ordered as a purchase: #622. Changed to a demo after all the memory issues surfaced, this last Tuesday heard about demos shipping last and changed it back to a purchase. Recieved the payment email on Thursday. Hope to see it next week.

All this number comparison stuff reminds me of when the first Visors came out and we were all comparing our serial numbers. If the formula was right, I had Green #35. Was anyone else here back then?
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    demo Being the confusing word here. If you are doing a Treo demo from the roadshow is different from doing a 30 Trial of a thrid party vendors software. With the individual demo from the Road show is 1 Treo(buy or demo) with the 3rd party vendor is 5 phones(buy or demo). This was not a coupon, it is a code the third party vendor will give you(different code, different website. If youa re doing a 30 day trial of the software, you must be in contact with the vendor, right?
    I have 1 GSM on order for Road show. 4 GSM on order from VC third party trial and 1 Sprint. I have gotton confirmation on the Sprint phone shipping next week. The GSM we expect in January. We won't start our vendor 30 trial until all the phones are in. (all my companies phones are purchases)
    Uhh..???? Thnx for clearing that for me.
    My point was that after I opted to play with the thing for 30 days,
    I could then
    A. buy it at the discounted price of 349.00$ or
    B. Return the sucker!!
    She(vendor) gave me a coupon with *something* on it. It had Palm1 at the bottom and I assumed it was the coupon THAT EVERYONE WANTED OR WHY WOULD THEY REALLY ATTEND?
    Sorry for shouting but why would I want software trials w/o a 650??
    Boston roadshow order 74x. Got some sort of email summarizing my order details today. However, didn't see info about tracking # or ship date so I'm not sure what it means...
    All right, I couldn't wait any longer. I went to the srpint store and bought a 650, it is awsome. I will keep you updated when I receive the email from VC, my number is in the 1100s.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Jeff replied today to my email about an update on my order and he told he's waiting from more inventory. I ordered on 11/11 in the evening after the Boston show. My order number was 76x.