Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Just received email confirmation from Jeff this morning that my order, #554 has been charged. No tracking number yet. I ordered a CDMA version.

So, I guess VC is processing in the mid 500's now.

Can't wait!!! http://discussion.treocentral.com/ne...te=1&p=489100#
    I'm order 498 and I haven't heard anything. I purchased Sprint from the Dallas show.
    Order 492
    sprint
    changed my demo to purchase on the 7th
    got my tracking number today
    says should deliver on or before 12/10. i guess because i'm only 30 minutes from them.
    I have had enough of Viennachannels and Palmone, and the people who try to lay down excuses for either. VC and P1 are equally responsible. To say the least VC executives are stupid to enter this deal with P1 without ensuring that they will have adequate Treo650s for the roadshow attendees. As you know, VC is paid by P1 to run the roadshow and fulfill P1ís coupons legal obligation. Palmone on the other hand is legally liable for not making the phone available for the roadshow attendees. P1 is not delivering enough supply to VC because the price through VC is discounted, that is simply illegal. A merchant cannot legally hold back merchandise because he/she does not want to sell it at the discounted price they offered to begin with. I hope that someone with more influence than me could make that argument to VC and P1 and get this process moving. I think that we should start thinking of a class action lawsuit against VC and P1. Believe me we have grounds for that due to P1 deceptive practices, and VC ignorance (giving them credit that they are not illegally in on this scam).
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    I have had enough of Viennachannels and Palmone, and the people who try to lay down excuses for either. VC and P1 are equally responsible. To say the least VC executives are stupid to enter this deal with P1 without ensuring that they will have adequate Treo650s for the roadshow attendees. As you know, VC is paid by P1 to run the roadshow and fulfill P1ís coupons legal obligation. Palmone on the other hand is legally liable for not making the phone available for the roadshow attendees. P1 is not delivering enough supply to VC because the price through VC is discounted, that is simply illegal. A merchant cannot legally hold back merchandise because he/she does not want to sell it at the discounted price they offered to begin with. I hope that someone with more influence than me could make that argument to VC and P1 and get this process moving. I think that we should start thinking of a class action lawsuit against VC and P1. Believe me we have grounds for that due to P1 deceptive practices, and VC ignorance (giving them credit that they are not illegally in on this scam).
    For the love of god...Vienna Channels is a partner company to most of the cell companies (along with Ingram) to provide demo units and "experiences" for potential larger ticket customers. I am not sure that VC actually ran the Road Show, though I may be wrong on that.

It is logical that new product would have constrained shipments...so you will deal with delays. At no time did PalmOne for Vienna Channels promise a firm delivery date. If you are sick of waiting, cancel your order, other will get theirs quicker. And let's do a quick reality check...it is a phone/pda, not the latest life saving drug.

No wonder the courts are bogged down with stupid crap...this is a prime example of someone with much too much time on their hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith21
    No wonder the courts are bogged down with stupid crap...this is a prime example of someone with much too much time on their hands.
    No joke. Talk of a lawsuit is SILLY. I'm sure you could get some scrub lawyer to take the case, but you would be the laughing stock of everyone that heard about it.

People, I am waiting with you, but good Lord, we are getting a $600 phone for $349. Why should you expect that the people paying full price at retail outlets should have to wait for us? PalmOne and VC indicated that from the beginning that VC was not a retail store and that T650s would be available through other streams much faster. And shouldn't most of you have a T600 already since you are posting so much on this forum? Enjoy the "memory" and "stability" of your T600 before you get rid of it.
    In response to the last two replies, first, the lawsuit is against the deceptive practices of palmone who is holding a phone and does not want to honor their coupon. They have product is stock, they do not want to sell it at the discounted price and that is what is wrong. Second, one should argue the principle not the value, the principle here is that a consumer right has been violated, wait till you cannot purchase you drugs because you have a Medicaid discount card, then what will you do, wait for the rich paying full price? Principle my friends, that is what we should stand for. Regardless weather it is a pda or anything else.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Chill guys, They're shipping them as the get them. I happened to be a lower no. so I already have mine. It still a new product that hasn't made it to most stores yet and those that do certainly don't have hundreds- and that's what VC is shipping. They made i clear in road shows that they weren't a store or the quickest way to get a 650.
    #59x shipped

Sprint CDMA Purchase

Afternoon Chicago Roadshow
    I just emailed jeff (sorry could not help myself) My order number is in the low 900's. Jeff said it should be in a week or two. Im just really wanted it before the holidays.
    Listen to all the impatient people out there, it is a phone, a phone with a palm pilot, not the cure for cancer, your favorite teams world championship, or the birth of your 1st child. It is a $500 toy/business tool. Relax, wait, if you dont get it when others with your number in line are, then politely ask Jeff who whomever else if yours is on its way. All this when will it come out, getting mad when it doesnt, and then not waiting, and then forcing palmone or whoever to release the phone quicker than planned then complaining about the bugs...talk about a codependent relationship...I know people who have their 650's now, I would love to have mine...but Im still making calls everyday on my 600 and up till 4 days ago was taking pictures with my 5 year old sony Digicam. Got a new canon and its great and super fast...but you know what...its a toy...and for some aspects a work tool...just wait....find an extra hobby....and be happy when you see the UPS man come to your door....look on the bright side...I had 5 600's and the most recent build was the best one...so maybe waiting could acutally benefit you....I mean dont you think Jeff is going out drinking with his buddies and making fun of all of us?? I cant wait for my 650...but Im not going to sue someone over when I get my toy, if your really want it that bad, dont be sooo cheap spend an extra $200 and call sprint and get overnight shipping, otherwise, please please please just wait...it is coming...it will come...they may not have done the best job with the launch...but it is more a soft launch than anything...the real launch will be when the GSM version comes out and they can roll out a national add campaign anyways...Just my 2 cents...

Thanks!

A
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Order #577 shipped...
    Sprint (of course), Chicago show.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    i can't believe we're really having a discussion about lawsuits over this. i mean i'm a soldier, but i am licensed to practice law and i wouldn't even entertain this as a case. i can't figure out why people who are pissed don't just cancel the order and pay full price with the rest of the world and get it now...this is crazy. i ordered really later (around nov 28th) and i don't expect to see mine before january and i'm comfortable with that. for $250 off - i find that a happy medium...but this is a forum, people are free to do what they will and when the price of a treo jumps to $800 to cover P1's legal fees for what IMHO would be frivolous lawsuits (and as opposing council I would file for rule 11 sanctions against any attorney that would bring such a suit).
    Last edited by 1SFG; 12/09/2004 at 03:20 PM.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

Just got my Treo 650 from VC, it came with a treo 600 car charger....why? Is there a way to use it?

I was order #9X
    CMDA
    You guys are missing the point, maybe I was overreacting with the lawsuit but P1 and VC broke the consumer protection law.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I think you missed our point...get over it...move on
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I too have been impatient and have complained about the process but litigation is a bit much. This process was poorly planned IMHO. We're anxious. It's understandable. The 650 makes us lose our minds! Otherwise we wouldn't be here!
    I still haven't heard anything yet. I am very patient but just letting everone else who got theirs who are in the #500's that there are still a lot of folks lower than #500 who are waiting like everyone else.
    I am #478...
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    You guys are missing the point, maybe I was overreacting with the lawsuit but P1 and VC broke the consumer protection law.
    Which one and how??
    And how do you know that P1 isn't shipping to VC because they make less money? From what I can see VC got an allocation of at at least several hundred. None of my local Best Buy stores have any. Neither does my local Sprint store.

It's called allocation. P1 has limited supply, they're not going to ship them all to one vendor, or even give on vendor everything they're waiting for. They a-l-l-o-c-a-t-e the supply among a number of various vendors.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.