Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I have my spaning new Treo 650 with service from sprint. I have added the treo to my exisint sprintpcs account..i carry 1 mobile phone always and during the week a blackberry (and hopefully instead a treo)
    Great phone...great screen etc...
    I need some advice, if you can help, please post.

2 features are most important to me...1st is contacts..no problems there yet

2nd is email...I use POP3...(not exchange)
    the way my Blackberry works: my ISP autoforwards a copy of each email to my blackberry email address so i receive a copy of each email on my desktop and on my BB. The blackberry account's reply to address is my normal email address so someone doesnt see my "blackberry address." This system works great for me.

When I am not at my desk I look at my blackberry at my convenience (i set all notifications to off). So push technology is great but even a 1/2 hourly check of emails by a treo is fine...

However, I have tried versamail and all it seems to do is try to pull emails from my POP3 server..which doesnt work since Outlook on my desktop is open 24 hours and is checking the POP3 server every 5 minutes.

Does anyone know of a solution that is similar to my Blackberry setup for the Treo?
    I was thinking of setting up a dedicated Versamail pop3 account and have everything forwarded to the dedicated versamail account....would that work ?
    Do I need to have this dedicated versamail account in outlook as well?

Let me add that my blackberry service is from ATT...(I only use the email portion, i dont use the phone portion becuase ATT voice sux) I wanted my service from sprint because i would be able to share minutes from account and be able to use either phone/

If I cant find a solution then I think Ill just return my treo and get the sprint blackberry but i really prefer to keep the treo and setup an appropriate email solution (which would hopefully save me an additional $50 per month in blackberry monthly service charge)

Thanks in Advance.
    Eric
    why not set up outlook to automatically forward email to your sprint email address that came with your phone and then set versamail to check that? It's a work around at least..
    Another option you might want to look into is Sprint's Business Connection:

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...ssPersonal.jsp

It supplants VersaMail and does a really good job of keeping everything synched without having to use multiple accounts and forwarding and the like. The drawback is that you must keep your desktop running and connected to the internet, and running a client that your Treo will contact for updates. Usually a work computer at your office is good for this since typically they're always on and connected anyway.

I use it because VersaMail doesn't handled IMAP-over-SSL very well, even though it claims to. Since the company I work for is nuts about everything from shell sessions to e-mail to ftp running over secure connections, i needed something that really did work, and Sprint Bizconn worked out for me.
    Outlook should have an option to keep a copy of the mail on the server. If you select this option another email client should still be able to pull a copy of the mail. If your phone has the same setting you can choose it there also so no matter who gets to the mail first your other client can get it too. Just check the option to delete from server when deleted from outlook so you dont take up unnecessary mail server space you can run out of room before you know it if you have small amount of mail storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet
    The drawback is that you must keep your desktop running and connected to the internet, and running a client that your Treo will contact for updates. Usually a work computer at your office is good for this since typically they're always on and connected anyway.
    Why do you have to keep your desktop running? Is there software that must be installed on the desktop? If not, wouldn't an Outlook rule work too, provided you have exchange?

Wade