1.    #1  
    When I turn on my Treo650, there is a quarter second delay from the time I press a button until the time the screen turns on. But when I have recently plugged in or removed a set of headphones (or even the stereo adaptor with no headphones) it turns on instantly.

Any ideas as to what's going on here?
  2.    #2  
    Hm... It appears the problem goes away when you don't have an SD card in there. I wonder if I need a faster card.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Hm... It appears the problem goes away when you don't have an SD card in there. I wonder if I need a faster card.
    It's a quarter of a second! Don't sweat it!

It's those darn 5 and 7 second delays (and longer) that some folks are having that really need addressing!
    what kind of card do you have?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  5.    #5  
    Every time you turn it on, you have to sit there and watch as it boots up. Not fun. I'm used to hitting a button and then working. Every time now I have to turn it on, wait, and then work. It may be a whole second.
    I think this is "K's" attempt at sarcasm. If not, it should be!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  7.    #7  
    Oh, no way. I'm deadly serious. When my finger is lifted from the button, it should be ready to go. I shouldn't have to look at an off screen for an instant. Removing the SD card seems to help, so I'm going to see if it's the speed of my card, the # of files on the card, or what.
    Oh, no way. I'm deadly serious. When my finger is lifted from the button, it should be ready to go. I shouldn't have to look at an off screen for an instant. Removing the SD card seems to help, so I'm going to see if it's the speed of my card, the # of files on the card, or what.
    Going to have to throw the BS flag here man. It is ludicrous to be worrying about a 1/4 second. Try pressing the button, then look out your window to check traffic. By the time you look back down it will be on.

Eric
    Yeah, now we just need an hourglass like those Windoze devices......(wait, isn't that why I bought a Palm instead?)
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40
    Yeah, now we just need an hourglass like those Windoze devices......(wait, isn't that why I bought a Palm instead?)
    I am sure one of those fine developers on this site could build one to consume more memory and appease those concerned about a 1/4 second. The dialing delay is definitely something worry snivveling about but I honestly cant believe this one. There is nobody so important that a 1/4 second .... ah I won't even entertain it (anymore).

Eric
    Wow, I can't believe this one. "Tell me it ain't so, Joe" Do you carry a stopwatch around as well? Man, its no wonder Palm doesn't take us geeks seriously ("Memory problem will only effect a small number of power users.")
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  12.    #12  
    I just turned it on and did an unofficial "one one thousand...two one thousand" test and I got all the way into the second syllable of thousand before it turned on. It's scanning the card for something and it's really frustrating. My Treo 600 didn't do this at all. Why shoudl I have to look outside at traffic every time I turn on my phone (which is dozens if not hundreds of times a day)?

I have a Kingston 512MB card and another 256MB card. I formatted the 256 over again to make it blank and the behavior is still there.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Wow, I can't believe this one. "Tell me it ain't so, Joe" Do you carry a stopwatch around as well? Man, its no wonder Palm doesn't take us geeks seriously ("Memory problem will only effect a small number of power users.")
    It's closer to a second. It is long enough to be frustrating, believe me. Normally if you press the app button, then command and then the letter, it will launch the app and execute a command. Mine just sits there while I do that and then opens the app. No command executed. Bummer.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Going to have to throw the BS flag here man. It is ludicrous to be worrying about a 1/4 second. Try pressing the button, then look out your window to check traffic. By the time you look back down it will be on.

Eric
    Imagine if your phone on your desk only started accepting inputs a second after hitting the line button. You'd mess all sort of stuff up. That's what's happening here.
    I just turned it on and did an unofficial "one one thousand...two one thousand" test and I got all the way into the second syllable of thousand before it turned on. It's scanning the card for something and it's really frustrating. My Treo 600 didn't do this at all. Why shoudl I have to look outside at traffic every time I turn on my phone (which is dozens if not hundreds of times a day)?

I have a Kingston 512MB card and another 256MB card. I formatted the 256 over again to make it blank and the behavior is still there.
    That was me just being humorous on looking out the window, but I do hope you check from time to time. Are you serious about this little delay being a bother? I am not trying to be sarcastic but my god.....that cant be that much of a bother. Just tried it myself...probably about 1/2 or so...

Eric
  16.    #16  
    I just timed it myself. Over a second with the 512 card in. Sub 1/4 (which is perfectly acceptable) without any card.
    I just timed it myself. Over a second with the 512 card in. Sub 1/4 (which is perfectly acceptable) without any card.
    Just took my 512 out. It is definitely due to the card. Knowing that, I consider it acceptable. I think that split second to access the card is reasonable.

Eric
  18.    #18  
    Hm... Okay, at least I'm not crazy and there is something real happening here. If you could, respond in the SD forum to the post about which card type you have. Thanks.