1. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Am I the only one who is bugged by the fact that when you select an item, like options in a menu screen, select a choice like Preferences, and then click Done, the entire menu screen goes away?

Every time I want to do several things in the same menu screen I have to keep hitting the menu button each time and then scroll over to my selection.

Wouldn't it be better if DONE took you back to the open menu again so you could do something else? Sometimes I'm not sure what category I want, and so it requires all kinds of button pushing/stylus tapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    Wouldn't it be better if DONE took you back to the open menu again so you could do something else?
    and then maybe a start button would complete the task??

Sorry couldnt resist.
  3. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Obviously, since I have had one reply in 9 hours, no one else thinks this is a hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    Obviously, since I have had one reply in 9 hours, no one else thinks this is a hassle.
    no no, I agree.....I often want to do several things at a time in the menu fields. annoying!
    It's standardized behavior to match how your computer works. Consistency = Predictability = Good. It's much more common to want to exit the dialog back to the program than to the menu, which is why everything works this way.

It never bothered me on the older Palm I'm using now, where everything's done with the stylus. I could see it being more annoying with the 5-way though.